Ideal beauty (1 Viewer)

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
beauty is relative but tbh if you're a 100+kg woman there just aren't gonna be as many people attracted to you

ditto with guys, if you're morbidly obese with no muscle tone then less people will be attracted to you

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
beauty is relative but tbh if you're a 100+kg woman there just aren't gonna be as many people attracted to you

ditto with guys, if you're morbidly obese with no muscle tone then less people will be attracted to you
+1

Extending this, it really depends on personal and cultural tastes.

E.g. in a country like Korea, I'd think having really pale/white skin = good and tanned skin = probably ugly or undesirable among most people.
While in several other countries, being tanned = possibly great?

koreafantasy

HSC
Theres two sets of criteria for ideal beauty. One is society's criteria, and the other is yours.
Society's criteria include, but not limited to-

-Thin but not to the point of anorexia.
-Symmetrical face
-For Asians- Big eyes, dyed hair. For Caucasians- Blonde hair, medium lips, medium eyes.
- ~160cm height
-Intelligent, but not a smartass. (around 120 IQ)
-Interested in partying, has excellent social skills, loses virginity during high school.

however, most people do not want a relationship with the above description. sure, theyre hot, but are they beautiful? doubt it. Thats why every girl out there is pretty to at least 1 guy. Murrican media idolises the above description.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Theres two sets of criteria for ideal beauty. One is society's criteria, and the other is yours.
Society's criteria include, but not limited to-

-Thin but not to the point of anorexia.
-Symmetrical face
-For Asians- Big eyes, dyed hair. For Caucasians- Blonde hair, medium lips, medium eyes.
- ~160cm height
-Intelligent, but not a smartass. (around 120 IQ)
-Interested in partying, has excellent social skills, loses virginity during high school.

however, most people do not want a relationship with the above description. sure, theyre hot, but are they beautiful? doubt it. Thats why every girl out there is pretty to at least 1 guy. Murrican media idolises the above description.
:haha:

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Fat chicks are a huge turn off. lol.

They look like a huge whale with all that flab hanging forward .....

Please chomp it off.

When you walk, you can't even walk straight and when you get in the car, the suspension dies.

Last edited:

moonshoes

HSC
N/A
I'm guessing you're a fat chick
Actually not. Size 10, Cauci.
But I can see how you made that connection.

The aim of creating this thread was not to 'fat-bash' or 'ugly-bash' or whatever other people may wish to do. It was created more at aiming to project a public and realistic approach to appearance and personal beauty.

Sure, I may not associate overweight people with attraction, but that doesn't mean that no one else would. I just wanted to inquire upon a huge aspect of society through actual people, not the ever looming media opinion.

I believe that beauty should be associated with health, personality and outlook. We all get old and with age comes great deterioration of personal aesthetics.
But beauty is acquired through ones disposition.

But that's just my opinion... :tennisclap:

hayabusaboston

HSC
I think "beauty" is mainly associated and primarily defined as physical good looks. Nothing more, nothing less, just the visual appearance of a woman/man. Thus I find it pretty easy to label individuals as good looking or not, obviously u dont tell people these days if they're ugly cos they get offended (not realising noone cares if they have the butthurt) but its pretty easy to delineate between good looking and bad looking people.

Some people are just drawn to slightly different physical features.

JustDance

HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
How come that the idea of ideal beauty is changing over the years? Can someone tell me his opinions on this one? If there's ideal beauty, why are different kind of approachs to beauty seen, wheter you look back in history or if you look around the globe today...

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
How come that the idea of ideal beauty is changing over the years? Can someone tell me his opinions on this one? If there's ideal beauty, why are different kind of approachs to beauty seen, wheter you look back in history or if you look around the globe today...
society changes a lot, as well as the media representations that come with societal change too. I guess it's up to the individual and their own preferences

You can't label "ideal beauty" as one thing, people have different opinions and ideas of what that means.

Also cultural traditions and beliefs can shape what people perceive as "ideal"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)