If you could go back to... (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chinmoku03

Ippen, Shin de Miru?
HSC
noir. said:
People automatically stereotype Asians and hold the belief that they're super massive nerds who can memorise a text book in an hour. Thus, they assume that because they hold this supposed gift, that they too will have knowledge shed onto them - through the textbook once possessed by an Asian, who did 4U math. God bless his/her soul.
o_O;

Damn, I have to hand all textbooks back to the school by the end of the year.

I guess that means no ripping people off for me >.<

Martyno1

oh hi
HSC
- NOT chosen I.P.T. and done Modern History... I.P.T. is easy but boring.
- Spoken to my year co-ordinator about taking French outside of school. Probably instead of Software Design/Development.
- Kept Advanced English instead of dropping to Standard in year 12.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
SoulSearcher said:
I can be very, very persuasive :) Also, I'm asian :)
LoL okay right now i understand....So im south asian - if i try maybe i can do the same? Actually no my laziness will win over me. I'll be happy with a price close to what i paid for :) but anyways that doesn't answer my question entirely.

You're asian
You're persuasive

What would you say that would make someone pay high prices for books that aren't worth that much? I'd imagine that you target incredibly stupid kids? It's the asian way after all :D

Chinmoku03

Ippen, Shin de Miru?
HSC
xclusv2bhung said:
You don`t have any of your own you mean ?
Yeah, I don't really use textbooks outside of the ones the school gives me. I have some Success One books tho. Maybe I can try ripping people off with those XD

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
I wish i'd studied for maths, I should of done French Beginners at Open High School and I wish i had chosen Studies of Religion.

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
tanjin said:
LoL okay right now i understand....So im south asian - if i try maybe i can do the same? Actually no my laziness will win over me. I'll be happy with a price close to what i paid for :) but anyways that doesn't answer my question entirely.

You're asian
You're persuasive

What would you say that would make someone pay high prices for books that aren't worth that much? I'd imagine that you target incredibly stupid kids? It's the asian way after all :D
:lol:

I'm keeping those methods secret, so that others won't be able to copy my ability and success, but I can get you incredibly high returns for your books ;)Not a gurantee, but I'll do my best.

cucum3rs

Queen Of The World
HSC
modern instead of ancient definately

i wish i tried a bit harder as well. maybe then i would be such an ugly shit from the minimal/no sleep from trying to cram 13 years of knowledge into 6 hours of revision.

i tell myself everyday im going study, and i just never learn.

Last edited:

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
SoulSearcher said:
:lol:

I'm keeping those methods secret, so that others won't be able to copy my ability and success, but I can get you incredibly high returns for your books ;)Not a gurantee, but I'll do my best.
Sure sure...now im curious...i'll follow you one day when you're selling the books...and see how the master of ripping people off does his business :)

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
Chinmoku03 said:
Yeah, I don't really use textbooks outside of the ones the school gives me. I have some Success One books tho. Maybe I can try ripping people off with those XD
whoa you serious ?
i choose to use my own rather than the school`s one ..
though maybe with the exception of agriculture .. there arent any textbooks on it -.-

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
SoulSearcher said:
Hehe, great, then I'd be able to meet you :D
:D lol i don't know what to say back to that...lol but no seriously can't you at least say or give a hint about, the people you target? For example do you target those quiet little nerds who think buying a thousands books and paying $70 for tutors can give them a uai of 100?

Without Wings said:
guys and girls could we stick to the thread topic, thanks :)
lol, yeh that's a good idea :p

Last edited by a moderator:

SoulSearcher

HSC
tanjin said:
:D lol i don't know what to say back to that...lol but no seriously can't you at least say or give a hint about, the people you target? For example do you target those quiet little nerds who think buying a thousands books and paying $70 for tutors can give them a uai of 100?
Hehe, you'll see if you come along ;):p

On an on-topic post, I might also have considered attempting one of the distinction courses in year 11, but I have absolutely no complaints about doing Cosmology this year :D

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
SoulSearcher said:
Hehe, you'll see if you come along ;):p

On an on-topic post, I might also have considered attempting one of the distinction courses in year 11, but I have absolutely no complaints about doing Cosmology this year :D
Our school never mentioned anything about these distinction courses. I know there are plenty of girls in my year who would have done very well in them. I'm assuming that these courses are high scaling?

SoulSearcher

HSC
tanjin said:
Our school never mentioned anything about these distinction courses. I know there are plenty of girls in my year who would have done very well in them. I'm assuming that these courses are high scaling?
Rather high scaling, but also very demanding. Incredibly rewarding though if you put the work in, the people you meet while doing the courses are an awesome bunch of people :D

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
SoulSearcher said:
Rather high scaling, but also very demanding. Incredibly rewarding though if you put the work in, the people you meet while doing the courses are an awesome bunch of people :D
We didn't even know these courses were offered until this year, when we were looking through the bos site - waiting and waiting for the hsc timetable to come up. Bum crack :mad1:

SoulSearcher

HSC
tanjin said:
We didn't even know these courses were offered until this year, when we were looking through the bos site - waiting and waiting for the hsc timetable to come up. Bum crack :mad1:
And you had to accelerate subjects to be eligible for them as well, which I'm guessing a few of the girls at your school have :uhhuh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)