If you could go to any university in the world where would it be an why? (1 Viewer)

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
LazyBoy said:
so what your going to be like a doctor who doesnt get laid?

But seriously, is that like better then a Doctor of Philosophy? It doesnt sound better, it just sounds more churchy andlame lol.
The joke's on you. PhD is the lowest doctorate level degree conferred, all the higher ones are "straight" Doctor of [Science, Laws, Arts, Theology etc].

And the church is way better than you. :p

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Lexicographer said:
The joke's on you. PhD is the lowest doctorate level degree conferred, all the higher ones are "straight" Doctor of [Science, Laws, Arts, Theology etc].

And the church is way better than you. :p
Of course you have to be wary of comparing these across coutries, a D Sci from the USA is normally only equivalent to a PhD, our D Sci trumps theres (and is also ALOT harder to get).

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
ild probably got to either Harvard or Yale, both have great pros going for them, ild probabably attend both doing undergraduate at one and then postgraduates study at the other

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Yes of course, however it's not like kerry doesn't come from a rich family either...
I suggest you look up what the "F" in John F Kerry, stands for.
John Forbes Kerry, is that of the Forbes magazine, and fortune 500

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
I would love to go to The University of California, Los Angeles because I love Southern California and I want to live there in a couple of years:).

jellybeenz

HSC
I'd go to Columbia or Princeton. Good schools with a lot of clout yet somehow not as obnoxious sounding as Harvard & Yale, IMO. Plus my dream is to live in New York or New Jersey (<---yeah too much Sopranos watching).

christ_ine

simply because
HSC
LazyBoy said:
title says it all.

I would probably go Oxford due to its exellent reputation and world ranking. And also i got a thing for english girls rofl.
I visited Oxford in December last year while I was in England. It's a pretty spiffy uni town .. wouldn't mind studying there.

mishka

HSC
N/A
any "old" university with lots of history.

i've heard the Barcelona University (Spain) is absolutely amazing :)

tyra

HSC
either UCLA or UC Berkley - William Hung goes there... i have a morbid fascination with him

manifestation

What?!
HSC
hmmm that's a toughy.....probably Princeton.....repututation is like WOW and academics is great, wouldn't mind going to Sydney either that's pretty well known in the world too. And then there's Harvard too but i think that's a little too much for me!

leathaface

Harvard for me with its extremely high reputation and prestige...
then followed by Oxford then Cambridge

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Oxford or Cambridge... then maybe Harvard/Yale/Princeton

I'm possibly going on exchange to the UK next year and might be studying at the University of Westminister, Cardiff University, Leeds University or University of London... trying to make up my mind and see where I have a good chance of getting an offer of exchange. Plus some are a lot more expensive than others.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
hmm legally blonde didnt really make harvard that appealing to me. However Rory's obsession with Harvard (and then Yale) makes me wanna go to those two. I like the east coast of America (esp the cute New England towns) plus i have family there so it would be great :) *keeps wishing* lol

Generator

HSC
N/A
University of California, Berkeley... Even idiots are allowed to dream.

ziggyboy

HSC
For Computer Science:

USA
1. Stanford University
2. MIT
3. University of California - Berkeley campus

UK
1. Imperial College - University of London
2. University of Wales

East Asia
1. Tohoku University
2. Tokyo University

South East Asia
1. National University of Singapore

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)