• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

If you could pick up additional subjects, what would they be? (2 Viewers)

michael1990

HSC
bored of sc said:
Extension English

Physics

Biology

Sport, Lifestyle and Recreation

Food Technology

Earth and Environmental Science

Music 2/Extension (maybe)

That's about
Why would you want to pick up so many subjects?

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
michael1990 said:
I think it's just the subjects that he likes. He's not necessarily doing them. :D

michael1990

HSC
Aerath said:
I think it's just the subjects that he likes. He's not necessarily doing them. :D
Um...
I know he isn't doing them.

this is why i said
Michael1990 said:

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
lyounamu said:
Same here. Mathematics is easily the most relaxing subject for me.

I wish I could do Extension 3 or Extension 4 Mathematics if they existed. Then, I wouldn't have to worry about the number of units I carry!
Extension 3 & 4 would be beyond 1st year uni level... not that i wouldn't do it if it were available.

bored of sc

HSC
michael1990 said:
To tell you the truth, I am so unsure about what to study post high school that they were all the subjects I have an interest in and considered doing.

Oh, I wouldn't pick up all those subjects. The subject timetable lines worked perfectly for the subjects I initially said I'd pick but then I considered changing them.

If anything, I would pick up physics for 14 units but that's it. Sorry about the misunderstanding.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
foram said:
Extension 3 & 4 would be beyond 1st year uni level... not that i wouldn't do it if it were available.
extension 4 that would be 6 units of maths

how much maths would there be in your timetable lol

michael1990

HSC
kaz1 said:
extension 4 that would be 6 units of maths

how much maths would there be in your timetable lol
LOL

well a hell of a lot.

michael1990

HSC
Aerath said:
Enough to make you go crazy. :p
Hell yeah.

Imagine waking up every morning, going and looking at your timetable seeing Mathematics lol

Or when your're nearly finished your day, and you have Mathematics last.

WOW lol

CRAZY!

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Aerath said:
Enough to make you go crazy. :p
Nah. It will be interesting. I can study Mathematics for a greatly prolonged period of time without getting tired. Contents in Mathematics are very easy to grasp for me whereas I struggle to understand the simplest concept in Chemistry sometimes.

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
It would be a fun amount. Math is pretty simple, but english makes me sadistic and homicidal.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
michael1990 said:
Hell yeah.

Imagine waking up every morning, going and looking at your timetable seeing Mathematics lol

Or when your're nearly finished your day, and you have Mathematics last.

WOW lol

CRAZY!
WTH? I have that at the moment for one of my days! Tuesday B - I have early morning Maths, then first period Maths, then last period Maths. :(

Last edited:

michael1990

HSC
Aerath said:
WTH? I have that at the moment for one of my days! Tuesday B - I have early morning Maths, then first period Maths, than last period Maths. :(
LOL

SUCKS!

4unitfreak

HSC
Haha. That list goes on forever.

Ext 1 and 2 English - in year 10 I was told that Standard English was the way to go in Year 12 (my school won't allow Standard in Year 11). I then proceeded to ace the rest of my exams and the SC in English, as well as every assessment in Year 11. It's still my best subject and I get reminded constantly by my new teacher that 'Ext 1 English would've been such a good choice'. Argh.

Also:
Modern History
Visual Arts (could've done Photography)
PDHPE
Legal Studies
Biology

That would put me at 24 units. Haha.

selablad

HSC
I'd pick up IT...or Legal Studies...or German (or whatever the subjects were called)

IT because I love messing around on the computer and would like to learn more about it properly, and for grades

Legal because it sounds really interesting and a few of my friends do it and enjoy it a lot. It would be a bit of a waste though since I don't want to work in that area at all, but hey, I used to do music and have no skills there...

and German because I'm pretty good at German and wish I'd taken it past year 10 level, and it's really fun and language students at my school get to go on so many cool excursions...

michael1990

HSC
selablad said:
I'd pick up IT...or Legal Studies...or German (or whatever the subjects were called)

IT because I love messing around on the computer and would like to learn more about it properly, and for grades

Legal because it sounds really interesting and a few of my friends do it and enjoy it a lot. It would be a bit of a waste though since I don't want to work in that area at all, but hey, I used to do music and have no skills there...

and German because I'm pretty good at German and wish I'd taken it past year 10 level, and it's really fun and language students at my school get to go on so many cool excursions...
DON'T pick IT, i was the same as you!

But it scales so badly, plus its not all hands on. Its mostly whats called assignments that you complete on the computer.

I should of done Legal. I would of been good at it.

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
  1. Either Accelerated 2U Mathematics or Accelerated Chemistry.
  2. German; it was so much fun in Year 7 :).
  3. IPT or SDD; I'm into coding, computers and programming.
  4. One of the Histories; Ancient or Modern; My best subject in Years 9 and 10 :).

selablad

HSC
michael1990 said:
DON'T pick IT, i was the same as you!

But it scales so badly, plus its not all hands on. Its mostly whats called assignments that you complete on the computer.

I should of done Legal. I would of been good at it.
Okay...but in Queensland we don't have scaling as such, so it doesn't matter...but maybe IT wouldn't be good. What is that other subject you have, the SDD one? What's that? Maybe that would be more fun?

selablad

HSC
Razizi said:
  1. IPT or SDD; I'm into coding, computers and programming.
yeah, that. I don't know the specifics of what each of the NSW computer-ish subjects are. What's the difference between them all?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)