• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

If you could pick up additional subjects, what would they be? (1 Viewer)

michael1990

HSC
selablad said:
Okay...but in Queensland we don't have scaling as such, so it doesn't matter...but maybe IT wouldn't be good. What is that other subject you have, the SDD one? What's that? Maybe that would be more fun?
SDD is Software Design and Development.

I don't do it, but i have heard its good.

Um... IPT is information processing technology. Thats more databases and documents as such.

selablad

HSC
Oh, thanks :)

Maybe I'd do that then. SDD then. Oh well, it's a moot point really, since I'm not in NSW and I don't think we even have such a subject.

Still, nothing wrong with dreaming!

agua.fuego

HSC
lyounamu said:
Same here. Mathematics is easily the most relaxing subject for me.

I wish I could do Extension 3 or Extension 4 Mathematics if they existed. Then, I wouldn't have to worry about the number of units I carry!
Can't imagine doing that much Maths! I dropped it entirely, even though my parents and my Maths teacher didn't want me to. Same with Science.
Mind you, I'd take that for English.

agua.fuego

HSC
foram said:
It would be a fun amount. Math is pretty simple, but english makes me sadistic and homicidal.
I get that way after a day of Science and Maths. I used to have - in year 8 - English, Maths, Double Science, PE double, then Religion. After English, my day would just go slowly downhill. Especially the Maths/Double Science part.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
agua.fuego said:
Can't imagine doing that much Maths! I dropped it entirely, even though my parents and my Maths teacher didn't want me to. Same with Science.
Mind you, I'd take that for English.
I used to LOVE science but I lost all my interest. Becoming year 11 made me realise what I really love and what I am not really suited to (namely sciences, biology and chemistry). Even though I managed to get top ranks in both subjects, I had to try so hard to get those ranks. If I just put average effort in, I would easily be the bottom people who don't understand even the basic concepts. I just don't hold any love for sciences.

However, on the other hand, my ex-worst subject, English has become my 2nd favourite. Coming to year 11 made realise how much potential I had in this particular subject and how much I can learn from this subject to improve myself further and develop critical thinking that is increasingly required in many academic fields. So, I agree with you. However, I both love Maths and English, which are basically the most important subjects.

agua.fuego

HSC
Yeah, it was year 10 for me that made me completely lose - well, I wouldn't say "passion", but a like of, I suppose - Science. I had an awesome teacher year 9, and my year 10 teacher and I just didn't... eh. Didn't like him. So I chose Textiles over Chem and now he makes little snide comments to me whenever he sees me.
For Maths it was just too much, after 4 years in top set it was just incredibly boring, and I hated it. That was with a passion. I wanted to go back to easy maths, like in year 7, when we were just learning Algebra. The good times.
But English? Adore it, doing Advanced and Extension 1, then adding Extension 2 next year. Can't wait.

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
lyounamu said:
I used to LOVE science but I lost all my interest.

I both love Maths and English, which are basically the most important subjects.
Usually, people who love math also love science. I love math and science, and I only need to put minimal effort in order to get good marks. Infact, most people I beat, actually study many many times more than me. Chemistry was rather hillarious, I walked into the test having done no studying, and I got 97% which was one of the top marks, where as other people who bothered to study ended up with marks <90%. The same usually happens in math too. I can study for 2 hrs, and other people can study for 12 hrs, and I will end up beating them. :D:D

I think theres a tendency for people who are good at math to also be good at science. Very few people are very good at both Math and English, they're usually very good at one or the other. lyounamu, you're a genius.

I didn't come No.1 because there are people who study as much as, if not more than lyounamu :eek: . Thus, I have undertaken Super-High-Intensity-Training this holiday to improve my performance from merely being exceptional to the levels of being ultra no-life nerdlike. Studying as much as lyounamu is now my goal! :read: :read: :read: (Although I am now throughly sick and tired of studying, I will persist. I won't give up for a few more days, I hope! :D) If I burn-out, i'll study next holiday. :)

Last edited:

BackCountrySnow

HSC
foram said:
Usually, people who love math also love science. I love math and science, and I only need to put minimal effort in order to get good marks. Infact, most people I beat, actually study many many times more than me. Chemistry was rather hillarious, I walked into the test having done no studying, and I got 97% which was one of the top marks, where as other people who bothered to study ended up with marks <90%. The same usually happens in math too. I can study for 2 hrs, and other people can study for 12 hrs, and I will end up beating them. :D:D
You fucking mad cunt!!!
congrats knob jockey.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
foram said:
I didn't come No.1 because there are people who study as much as, if not more than lyounamu :eek: . Thus, I have undertaken Super-High-Intensity-Training this holiday to improve my performance from merely being exceptional to the levels of being ultra no-life nerdlike. Studying as much as lyounamu is now my goal! :read: :read: :read: (Although I am now throughly sick and tired of studying, I will persist. I won't give up for a few more days, I hope! :D) If I burn-out, i'll study next holiday. :)
Wow, I am so proud of you, mate!!! That's the spirit and I wouldn't mind getting beaten by someone who tried as hard as I did or tried harder than me. There is absolutely no regret. I wish every luck mate and hope that you get the results that you truly deserve. That's absolutely inspiring!

bored of sc

HSC
foram said:
Usually, people who love math also love science.
Usually - but not me.

Maths = awesome. :uhhuh:

Science = hard and average. :uhoh:

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
bored of sc said:
Usually - but not me.

Maths = awesome. :uhhuh:

Science = hard and average. :uhoh:
Maths = best subject on earth :)

Science = quite easy but boring and average subjects :mad1:

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
selablad said:
But you get to do experiments in science!
Funny thing is: I HATE experiments. They are the most useless periods. They are highly characterised by lack of productivity and bludging.

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
Well, actually I find the experiments I do in chemistry very fun, but that may be because my teacher is very entertaining, and he teaches very effectively, and some of the experiments are rather interesting. I didn't know pencils could explode untill he showed me. It was soo cool! :D

My physics teacher speaks in monotone though, and the experiments arn't so interesting... :(

bored of sc

HSC
lyounamu said:
Funny thing is: I HATE experiments. They are the most useless periods. They are highly characterised by lack of productivity and bludging.
true

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)