if YOU/GF WERE PREGNANT RIGHT NOW, WHAT WOULD YOU DO? (1 Viewer)

IF YOU OR YOUR PARTNER WERE PREGNANT WHAT WOULD YOU DO

• Abort

Votes: 75 50.0%
  • Keep him/her

Votes: 43 28.7%
  • Hide under a table and hope everything will be okay

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • I'd be lost and confused

Votes: 23 15.3%

• Total voters

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
exactly. i think it is best to atleast give the baby a chance at a life rather than deciding that it will automatically be shit. just cause they cant decide whether they want to live, i dont think people should take advantage of this vulnerability

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
But i don't like.. have a problem with people choosing abortions, i don't want them banned or anything...

It's just to me it seems like we're developing a society where some girls feel NO grief, NO guilt when they have an abortion, they don't reguard what's inside them as a living creature (although you'd have a hard time finding a doctor/scientist to tell you they're not living)..

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
yeah i know what you mean. i could understand if someone really genuinely needed to abort but i am just sceptical about peoples reasons and whether hey have really looked at the foetus as a life and looked at their responsibility first. i just really fear that people simply get rid of their babies out of convenience.

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Oh it is definately living, and has human dna..... no respectible doctor will tell you otherwise...

The question is, is it REALLY 'human'.
the problem is that legally a foetus is not considered alive. it is alive once it takes its first breath which is a stupid bureaucraticish definition used to justify murder. i think abortion before cells have differentiated is a bit different though as the baby is not functioning yet but i sttill dont like that either

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Well legally they're not 'alive', but you'll have a real hard time finding a credible scientist to tell you that it's not alive....

I think after seeing a tape of an embryo, seemingly jumping in it's mothers womb at 12 weeks i find it hard to think of it as non-living.

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Well legally they're not 'alive', but you'll have a real hard time finding a credible scientist to tell you that it's not alive....

I think after seeing a tape of an embryo, seemingly jumping in it's mothers womb at 12 weeks i find it hard to think of it as non-living.
yeah i know its ridiculous ay

Smashing Crabs

I live in the Snowy Mountains, but attend boarding
HSC
Uh... NO-GO-ZONE

If I ever found out that I was pregnant, as a teenager (which I wouldnt because I am just NOT that stupid) I would abort, no hesitations. I wouldnt even give the father a chance to give me his opinion, not because I am a heartless wonder, but because I REALLY DONT LIKE KIDS. Now, that previous sentence alone will probably lead you to believe that I dont have a heart, but I suppose thats all in the eye of the beholder. I mean, I dont see why someone cant just buy a pet who will love you unconditionally, rather than give an agonising birth to a miniature version of yourself which is just going to grow up resenting you anyways. Im not saying that I am a brat to my mum. My mum is my best friend. She's done a damn good job of raising my brother and myself with little to no assistance from my father, and we've both turned out to be pretty OK kids. We have morals, a sense of individuality yet an understanding of the boundaries we have to live with.
Now, Im sure that several of the people who read this are going to say that I am stereotyping teenage parents and that I have no idea what they think and/or feel, right? Well, starting with my elder brother and right up til the present, I have known 9 (YES, NINE) people who have accidentally fallen pregnant as a teen. Majority of their children are turning out wonderful. The minority are somewhat dysfunctional, but simply because their parents are, well, TRAILER TRASH. My best friend since yr 8 is currently 7 months pregnant to a guy from her Youth Group who seduced her, and prematurely ejaculated without informing her (his defence was 'hardly anything ever comes out... as if thats enough to get you up the stick'). Her and I share a journal in which we share all our deepest thoughts and emotions, and in this journal her pain and humiliation is visible in every single word she writes. She knows that she has possibly ruined her life for a few moments of ecstacy. However, she refuses to let it get the better of her. (She doesnt believe in abortion, thats why she's keeping her baby). She's going to raise her baby for a year and a half, and then have him (yes him) in day care while she's back at school, getting her HSC. Shes making the best of the card she's been dealt. Others should follow suit (no pun intended)
Anywho, thats just my little opinion. No, I would never keep a baby, as a teenager, but that doesnt mean that keeping it would be the bad option.
I highly doubt anyone agrees with me... but thats OK. LOL :uhhuh:

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
Im not having kids... the last thing the world needs is little me's running around... by not having kids Im doing my bit for the environment.

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
{Justin}{All things are possible except skiing through a revolving door.} says:
why does noone in that abortion thread consider adoption a viable option?
forward slash - yes, the other name was more economical says:
I'll march in there and spread justin's wisdom around

DONE. :)

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
that's cool, i'd totally agree with ur decision flipsyde, i jus dun like the way people are trying to distance themselves from the living creature inside themselves, almost comparing it to nothing more than shit untill it is born.
I would feel angry at myself for letting such a mistake occur. I don't think I'd feel guilty because I would abort it before it's considered a foetus. When it is an embryo, I personally do not believe that it is a human being. and im not comparing it to "nothing more than shit". I could never properly raise a child right now the way it deserves to be raised. So abortion would be my only option.

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
grk_styl said:
I would feel angry at myself for letting such a mistake occur. I don't think I'd feel guilty because I would abort it before it's considered a foetus. When it is an embryo, I personally do not believe that it is a human being. and im not comparing it to "nothing more than shit". I could never properly raise a child right now the way it deserves to be raised. So abortion would be my only option.
adoption should be an option. there are so many people out there who cant have children. they would willingly have your baby if you had one

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
HSC
lukebennett said:
adoption should be an option. there are so many people out there who cant have children. they would willingly have your baby if you had one
but by that stage, the baby really is a human, and I could never give it up. Hence why i'd give it up before it becomes a human
...just my 2 cents

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
HSC
Komaticom said:
If your parents were available, grk_styl, they could help with the raising of the child. You can try and visit your baby after he/she's been adopted. I don't see a problem with that, unless of course it's against regulations for biological parents to visit their offspring once he/she has been adopted by another family.
i understand that. And that is a very valid claim. Yet i see no harm in abortion, hence it would be the only thing i'd do. :)

Lundy

Banned
HSC
I would keep it. I'm anti-abortion, except under certain circumstances (rape, dangerous pregnancy, yada yada). No I don't want to get into a moral and ethical debate. I'm just answering the question.

LadyBec

KISSmeCHASY
HSC
i'd hide under the table for a while....
But eventually I would most likely abort. I'd consult the father, but thats what i'd lean towards. I'm WAY to unstable to deal with a child, plus there is no way i could afford one. Besides, i can hardly cope with looking after other people's kids for more then 5 or 6 hours, if it was mine i'd it's be there 24/7.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)