If you were in Parliament..... (1 Viewer)

aaaman

Banned
HSC
If I was in Parliament..... i would hang myself, i rather die than be a dickhead like that :D

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
If I had one day in parliament, I would take my gun....

nah just kidding

One day isn't much time to really do anything significant because we all know how long it takes to process things in parliament.

But the two things that I would take on would be more funding for education (state schools and tertiary) and changes to the processing of asylum seekers (i.e. no more detention centres in their current form).

walrusbear

HSC
spell check said:
i'm surprised no one has suggested legalising marijuana
i'd pass that
would promote a logical approach to drugs

Generator

HSC
N/A
An independent Speaker, for one. I'd stop Bronwyn Bishop from ever discussing the standing orders again, too.

There's much more that could be done, but that would suffice for now.

leetom

there's too many of them!
HSC
zahid said:
te he heheheheh........suddenly gone from LEFT to FAR right have we?
I bounce around the spectrum.

But seriously, Australia is in need of a concise National Eugenics Program. Not necessarily the sterilisation of people thought unfit to breed, but the instant removal of children from parents who are clearly incapable of parenting. The children would then be placed in a well-funded orphanage, where they spend the rest of their lives until they turn 18, in which time they make an active engagement in the schooling system and are moulded into perfect citizens.

During their time in the orphanage, they are taught to detest drug use and immediately join a union based protest should they encounter one.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
leetom said:
I bounce around the spectrum.

But seriously, Australia is in need of a concise National Eugenics Program. Not necessarily the sterilisation of people thought unfit to breed, but the instant removal of children from parents who are clearly incapable of parenting. The children would then be placed in a well-funded orphanage, where they spend the rest of their lives until they turn 18, in which time they make an active engagement in the schooling system and are moulded into perfect citizens.

During their time in the orphanage, they are taught to detest drug use and immediately join a union based protest should they encounter one.
hahaha
You support Eugenics... how disgusting.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Well I wouldn't need to pass much of an enabling act the constitution covers most of that (the GG has hefty powers).

I think I would hark back to Rome Maybe something like Imperator (sounds suitably dark).

No wanky beige uniforms by dictarorship would be strictly benevolent and an unobtrusive as possible.

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Zahid... u support the palestinians killing all the Isreali's and "taking back" Isreal? :O
You are truely insane.
Where does it say I support "killing" F*&KEN twit.

and what do you mean "taking back" Isreal....its occupied territory....and thats terrorism....like it or not f%#ken retard it belongs to Palestine....Just can't wait till the ppl move out the the gaza strip......:) Good step.

Last edited:

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
How do you expect them to 'resist' ?
With a 'peaceful' demonstration like Ghandi's (that incidently lead to a whole bunch of deaths) ?

I do agree however that palestine should have GAZA and the west bank, and i hope that this ends up happening.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
If I could change laws there would be a lot of things I would do. Some of which are;
- Death penalty
- Significantly harsher punishments for everything else
- 3 strikes and then life in prison
- Change the legal system, in too many ways to explain in one sentence.
- Reductions and removal of welfare all over the place
- No more extra benefits to aboriginals and torrest strait islanders (like reserved places in uni)
- Licences to have kids
- Drastically reduce immigration
- Make homosexuality in public illegal
- Deport people who don't deserve to be here (such as that muslim guy who said its a girls own fault if she gets raped because of what she is wearing)
- Removal of the anti-dsicrimination legislation
- Starting taxing churches

There would be a lot more if I sat down and thought about it for a while. It would be a very busy 1 day.

spell check

HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
If I could change laws there would be a lot of things I would do. Some of which are;
- Death penalty
- No more extra benefits to aboriginals and torrest strait islanders (like reserved places in uni)
- Licences to have kids
- Deport people who don't deserve to be here (such as that muslim guy who said its a girls own fault if she gets raped because of what she is wearing)

There would be a lot more if I sat down and thought about it for a while. It would be a very busy 1 day.
HAHAHAHA

i sincerely hope you vocalise those opinions in public as often and loudly as possible

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
- Death penalty
- Licences to have kids

...is that a joke?

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
iamsickofyear12 said:
- Death penalty
- Licences to have kids

i think i'd deport you

i'm sure at some point with those reforms u'll encounter a thing called the constitution, and probably violate some fundamental human rights as well

edit: how exactly would you make homosexuality in public illegal? sex in public is already illegal, would u have gay police making sure no gay people r in the streets? make it illegal to kiss somebody of the same sex in public (tho i'm sure u'd have no problem if it was 2 women?) and thereby make it illegal for a mother 2 kiss her daughter, or 2 italian cousins 2 kiss. bah, ur an idiot

Last edited:

b0b444

HSC
i would...

- renounce the whole current government system
- start a new non-party based, unsponsored, true democratic system of governing involving community discussion groups, actual polling of citizens etc.
- try to actually educate kids about politics, governing and issues of national concern so they are not bred into a life of apathy
- either renounce VSU, OR: leave VSU but make income tax voluntray too
- make all education free
- encourage a more free media by restricting the reach of the murdoch and packer etc. empires and allowing more free to air television with more funding and restricting advertising on tvs and in general.
- never participate in a war again unless attacked first
- stay in iraq till everything is totally solved
- join kyoto and start getting some real money into alternative energy
- ban all private cars and start a real public transport system that every single person could use

just my 2 cents... ;-)

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
...is that a joke?
No I am Serious.

townie said:
i think i'd deport you

i'm sure at some point with those reforms u'll encounter a thing called the constitution, and probably violate some fundamental human rights as well

edit: how exactly would you make homosexuality in public illegal? sex in public is already illegal, would u have gay police making sure no gay people r in the streets? make it illegal to kiss somebody of the same sex in public (tho i'm sure u'd have no problem if it was 2 women?) and thereby make it illegal for a mother 2 kiss her daughter, or 2 italian cousins 2 kiss. bah, ur an idiot
Yeah I'm sure some of it would be against the constitution and against human rights, but what I said is just assuming that I could do whatever I wanted.

I'd make it illegal for people of the same sex to kiss and hold hands in public. The police who would be enforcing it would be able to make a judgement on whether it was homosexuality or not. Obviously a mother kissing a daughter would still be allowed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)