If you were in Parliament..... (1 Viewer)

chelzmalee

death by pastry
HSC
With all the shit flying recently about how Howard might step aside for Costello, and Beazley being a down right dickhead about tax cuts, I was just thinking....

If you were in Parliament for a day, and could change anything (laws etc), what would it be? Would you try to "make a difference"?

Last edited:

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
wikiwiki said:
If i was in parliament, i would spend all my time heckling.

Im not sure if any of you have seen footage of the Israeli Parliament, but one of the arabic opposition parties is hilarious.

They literally just heckle every time Sharon opens his mouth and then they start singing songs during major speeches.

Oh yeah!
OMG THATS A GREAT WAY TO ADD TO THE POLITICAL DISCOURSE ROFL!!! :rolleyes:

tattoodguy

i recon the country would be run better.

if instead of having the moron politicans we have in power...

we hand over all the power to the current members of big brother.

transcendent

HSC
N/A
Promote health and education with increased funding towards scientific research.

The people of Big Brother are fucking idiots. Every single one of them. :chainsaw:

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
chelzmalee said:
With all the shit flying recently about how Howard might step aside for Costello, and Beazley being a down right dickhead about tax cuts, I was just thinking....

If you were in Parliament for a day, and could change anything (laws etc), what would it be? Would you try to "make a difference"?
Yes i woul make a massive difference, which I wont elaborate on

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
Replace "advance australia fair" with "just dont give a fuck" (Eminem)

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
I would quite obviously become PM, sack the G-G, make myself G-G and then pass all kinds of authoritarian legislation making myself a dictator (even more than the constitution already allows).

Now I quite obviously have a great deal of time in which to reform to country as I see fit and quite possibly micromanage it. Myself being a nice enough guy I would be a benevolent dictator/enlightened Monarch and would use force as a last resort only.

Oh and incidently Upon retirement I would dismantle the position I held and enact laws preventing anyone else from ever gaining that kind of power again.

KassieD

HSC
well......

ha ha ha addymac i like ur style althought im not entirely sure u'd b able 2 achieve that in one day lol u could try thought, theres no harm in that

but go dictatorship lol id bring back corporal punishment 4 all those sick paedophiles and murderers.... n then i would sack big kim, n uncle johnny howard ;) theyre not doing any good for anyone with their little cat fights... i also secretly think they might b in love but cannot prove it....

KassieD

HSC
wait theres more

id think id also like to renegociate the free trade agreement we hav with the us cos we hav been given the raw end of the stick....

slip

HSC
im going to interpret this question as being what would you do if you made the decisions about how australia is run.

with draw troops from iraq, tell bush to get fucked.

spend more money on health and education (reducing money on private schools while increasing money for public and unis)

scrap vsu

give the states full control of health and take full control of education from the states

give loads of money to junior sport to decrease child hood obesity

tax the shite out of the rich, and give tax break to the poor etc.

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
slip said:
im going to interpret this question as being what would you do if you made the decisions about how australia is run.

spend more money on health and education (reducing money on private schools while increasing money for public and unis)

scrap vsu

give the states full control of health and take full control of education from the states

HEAR HEAR! SOMEONE ELECT HIM RIGHT NOW!

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
slip said:

scrap vsu

You have a flawed logic you want students to pay less but want USU??

leetom

there's too many of them!
HSC
addymac said:
I would quite obviously become PM, sack the G-G, make myself G-G and then pass all kinds of authoritarian legislation making myself a dictator (even more than the constitution already allows).

Now I quite obviously have a great deal of time in which to reform to country as I see fit and quite possibly micromanage it. Myself being a nice enough guy I would be a benevolent dictator/enlightened Monarch and would use force as a last resort only.

Oh and incidently Upon retirement I would dismantle the position I held and enact laws preventing anyone else from ever gaining that kind of power again.
That sounds fun addymac! Combing the Offices of PM and GG, I'm guessing you're alluding to Hitler's combining of the Chancellorship and the Presidency. Hitler though, came up with a name for this spanking new office- Führer!

Upon the passing of your own Enabling Act, what would you call your new office?

A request, can I be your Minister of Public Enlightenment and Propaganda, while getting to wear a beige party uniform with party armband?

Ohh! What would your insignia be? Would you hold true to any ideology? Would you make your own?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
I would hold a session where we put Kim in a mouse wheel and make him run round for two hours, pass VSU, and then I'd deport slip.

leetom

there's too many of them!
HSC
I would back your deportation of slip.

I would establish a National Eugenics Program in order to breed out all the filthy westies.

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
leetom said:
I would back your deportation of slip.

I would establish a National Eugenics Program in order to breed out all the filthy westies.
te he heheheheh........suddenly gone from LEFT to FAR right have we?

walrusbear

HSC
i'll go with scrap VSU
get this discussion started again :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)