Illnesses, injuries, breakages.. what have you got/had?? (1 Viewer)

Sprinkles~

splashing in puddles
HSC
Loza33 said:
Yay!!! someone as damaged and retarded as me!!!
Haha i'm pretty sure you can add me to the list.

- Broke my arm on the stairs at school
- A friend crushed my pinkie in a door
- A friend threw a stick and broke my finger (I have great friends :p)
- Knocked myself out by diving over a couch and split my head open so my eye brow was hanging down over my eye. My sister's reaction was to run & clean the carpet lol.
- Have had concussions & been in hospital a few times
- Split my knee open trying to catch a guineapig
- Had a massive hole ripped out of my leg by a stick & the dr had to stretch my skin to be able to stitch it up. There was a big chunk of flesh lying on the floor at school after haha, that was in primary school though
- Had a tooth surgically removed
- Had Glandular fever twice
- Had appendicitus
- Have been really sick with a chronic illness for almost 4 years now
- I'm always collapsing or something & ending up in ambulances or having to be carried
- Was in a car accident before my trials in 05 which screwed up my neck/back/hips,
- Was in another car accident before my trials (2 years of the hsc) last year but it was only really minor & hurt my neck again. Greatt luck with cars.

and the most recent would be collapsing during my bio lab at uni a couple of weeks ago & i couldn't move at all, I was lying on the floor like a retard. so freaking embarrasing.

I could keep going.... I'm like the world's biggest jinx or something!!

Loza33

HSC
Sprinkles~ said:
Haha i'm pretty sure you can add me to the list.

- Broke my arm on the stairs at school
- A friend crushed my pinkie in a door
- A friend threw a stick and broke my finger (I have great friends :p)
- Knocked myself out by diving over a couch and split my head open so my eye brow was hanging down over my eye. My sister's reaction was to run & clean the carpet lol.
- Have had concussions & been in hospital a few times
- Split my knee open trying to catch a guineapig
- Had a massive hole ripped out of my leg by a stick & the dr had to stretch my skin to be able to stitch it up. There was a big chunk of flesh lying on the floor at school after haha, that was in primary school though
- Had a tooth surgically removed
- Had Glandular fever twice
- Had appendicitus
- Have been really sick with a chronic illness for almost 4 years now
- I'm always collapsing or something & ending up in ambulances or having to be carried
- Was in a car accident before my trials in 05 which screwed up my neck/back/hips,
- Was in another car accident before my trials (2 years of the hsc) last year but it was only really minor & hurt my neck again. Greatt luck with cars.

and the most recent would be collapsing during my bio lab at uni a couple of weeks ago & i couldn't move at all, I was lying on the floor like a retard. so freaking embarrasing.

I could keep going.... I'm like the world's biggest jinx or something!!
Wow!!! awesome, for you i give a medal... i dont have any medals to give.. but if i did, you would so get one!! haha

I know what you mean about adding things to the list... i stopped mine half way through... haha coz it was getting long!!!

You had glangular fever twice? that sucks!! i had it really bad last year and had to spend weeks in hospital because i couldnt breathe and they had to open my throat... i thought you could only catch once.... now im scared... damn doctors lying to me!!

What chronic illness do you have? that sucks..

alby

cool duckie
HSC
my lists' probably not as bad as some of yours, but i'll go for it anyway:
- had my tonsils out when i was 4 (too big for my throat)
- got croup way too often as a kid (first time they thought it was asthma caus i was mid-primary school) and a mild case last year
- split chin open in fiji, year 1...stitches, overseas, young kid = not good. cant really see the scar caus its under my chin (but you can still feel it)
- greenstem fracture of my collarbone in year 3(?) thanks to that eggs, bacon, chips or cheese game at school...sling for a few weeks i think

then nothing too serious until my last few birthdays/parties
- fell off a horse on my 16th...no external bruising but it hurt like a banchee for the rest of the trail ride (happened right at the start)
- mum ran over my toe with a vacuum cleaner the day after my 17th party..mega owwy, nail took forever to heal properly
- put my elbow through a window & bashed my hip against the metal below it at my 18th party...no stitches caus i didnt wanna go to the doctors, but i now have one big scar (still looks pretty grose) and a couple of tiny ones (almost faded now)
- i think i was kinda sick around my 19th
- its almost my 20th, i'm not in casualty yet (though we all thought i would be this year) but for the past 5 days i've had a pretty dodgy sore throat and blocked nose thanks to my boyfriend

Legham

HSC
Exphate said:
I didnt think about tonsilitis lol.

And another couple of ops because of CMT.

Does falling out of the ugly tree count?
Oh, that reminds me of an injury i'd forgotten about! I fell out of a tree when i was little onto one of those wooden fence- support things.. not the actual vertical bit, but the horizontal wooden bit that all the vertical bits are attached to.. I landed right on the corner and had a dint in my ass for years :p You shoulda seen the bruising!

Sprinkles~

splashing in puddles
HSC
Loza33 said:
I know what you mean about adding things to the list... i stopped mine half way through... haha coz it was getting long!!!

You had glangular fever twice? that sucks!! i had it really bad last year and had to spend weeks in hospital because i couldnt breathe and they had to open my throat... i thought you could only catch once.... now im scared... damn doctors lying to me!!

What chronic illness do you have? that sucks..
Hahah yeah, its kind of like hmmm I should probably stop now before I make myself look like even more of a clutz :p

Whoah I didn't have gladular fever anywhere near that bad, that would have been scary!

Yeah you can, once you get it it stays in your body inactive (unless you're unlucky like me haha), thats why some people don't find out about it until ages after they're better in blood tests. I was on a school trip in japan the first time! i have Chronic Fatigue Syndrom and chronic pain stuff, lots of run *rolls eyes*. I first got sick cos my body couldn't deal with glandular fever and then appendicitus so I just never got better. Suckss lots.

alby said:
mum ran over my toe with a vacuum cleaner the day after my 17th party..mega owwy, nail took forever to heal properly
haha, the part about teh vavuum cleaner (not the getting hurt bit!) is kinda funny! :p

Eek I shouldn't even be on here, I'm meant to be doing psych work tomorrow lol!!

Loza33

HSC
Sprinkles~ said:
Whoah I didn't have gladular fever anywhere near that bad, that would have been scary!

Yeah you can, once you get it it stays in your body inactive (unless you're unlucky like me haha), thats why some people don't find out about it until ages after they're better in blood tests. I was on a school trip in japan the first time! i have Chronic Fatigue Syndrom and chronic pain stuff, lots of run *rolls eyes*. I first got sick cos my body couldn't deal with glandular fever and then appendicitus so I just never got better. Suckss lots.

It was a little scary, but i was pretty drugged up i dont remember much..

That would suck having it on a school trip.. coz it jsut takes so much out of you!!

Hey, that was kind of how i got diabetes... well.. i broke my ankle and had to have an operation for that.. the anesthetic made me really sick - throwing up for a few weeks, and hten i went back to school before i was better, and my exhausted body couldnt handle the flus around me (heaps of people were sick) and i got the flu, which turned into glangular fever.. and was really sick again, and then when i was better and went back to school and was still sick, i ended up in hospital AGAIN where they ran heaps of tests and found that the glangular fever had caused diabetes... something about it being triggered by a virus or something.. i dunno... all while on crutches... that was my term 3 of year 11.. and i still went back ot school and did the exams.... haha

How bad is your chronic fatigue?

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
Reading some of these makes me remember some of things I forgot lol

Have had glandular fever
Have cysts in my ovaries (very minute, and very controlled, so I don't remember much lol)
Fainted once due to low blood pressure and ended up with concussion coz I hit my head on the wall as I was fainting

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Wow, you guys have had so many injuries, illnesses etc...
I've had no more than a few occasions of winter flu, cuts, bruises and lacerations on an annual basis...so far I've never had any bones broken or fractured (at least none that I know of lol)
I guess the only other things that are different are that I am about to have some teeth surgically removed sometime soon and I have this large bump from a laceration which looks somewhat disgusting to some people because it looks like a slug had buried itself under the skin of my elbow...lol
A laceration on my right elbow that I had 4 years ago had resulted in an ugly '3D' scar which looks like a dark red-brown bump about 4cm in length. That bump was probably the result of bandages being literally stuck to the infected site and so removal of those bandages was really painful because they had to be pulled out with quite a large force directly from the injury (Ouch!). When it did heal, a large bump somehow formed on my elbow and it has remained there ever since. Unfortunately, that bump area is still sensitive to pain after 4 years...:(

Sprinkles~

splashing in puddles
HSC
Loza33 said:
Hey, that was kind of how i got diabetes... well.. i broke my ankle and had to have an operation for that.. the anesthetic made me really sick - throwing up for a few weeks, and hten i went back to school before i was better, and my exhausted body couldnt handle the flus around me (heaps of people were sick) and i got the flu, which turned into glangular fever.. and was really sick again, and then when i was better and went back to school and was still sick, i ended up in hospital AGAIN where they ran heaps of tests and found that the glangular fever had caused diabetes... something about it being triggered by a virus or something.. i dunno... all while on crutches... that was my term 3 of year 11.. and i still went back ot school and did the exams.... haha

How bad is your chronic fatigue?
That really sucks about the diabetes, I think we can come to the conclusion that glandular fever is EVIL. :p

That's pretty weird, when I had my appendix out I had a bad reaction to the anesthetic / morphine and mum's always it must have something to do with it cos I only went down hill after that. We both seem to have greatt luck, didnt think id meet someone as jinxed as me haha!

Yeah its pretty bad, for my last 3 years of school i went a max of 3 days a week for 1 or 2 classes and spent most of my other time bedridden. I have a really full social life lol!! It totally screwed up my marks and UAI so I'm reallyyy glad I managed to get into uni, I have no idea how though! :D

Have a good easter, hope the easter bunny brings you lots of chocolate! :)

Loza33

HSC
Sprinkles~ said:
That really sucks about the diabetes, I think we can come to the conclusion that glandular fever is EVIL. :p

That's pretty weird, when I had my appendix out I had a bad reaction to the anesthetic / morphine and mum's always it must have something to do with it cos I only went down hill after that. We both seem to have greatt luck, didnt think id meet someone as jinxed as me haha!

Yeah its pretty bad, for my last 3 years of school i went a max of 3 days a week for 1 or 2 classes and spent most of my other time bedridden. I have a really full social life lol!! It totally screwed up my marks and UAI so I'm reallyyy glad I managed to get into uni, I have no idea how though! :D

Have a good easter, hope the easter bunny brings you lots of chocolate! :)
I know, i am so excited!! I thought i was the unlucky, illness, clumsy jinxed one...

Agreed.... Glandular fever - EVIL!
Anesthetic - EVIL!

That sucks that it stuffed up your marks...

I really dont want it to stuff up mine... im hoping not to get sick this year.. cant my body just be good for 6 months? Wait till after the HSC goddammit!!

My first diabetic easter tomorrow.. not looking forward to it!!

But i hope eveyrone else has a good easter!

alby

cool duckie
HSC
alby said:
- its almost my 20th, i'm not in casualty yet (though we all thought i would be this year) but for the past 5 days i've had a pretty dodgy sore throat and blocked nose thanks to my boyfriend
i think i jinxed myself :(
easter sunday, woke up at 10 with THE WORST earache ever! had to go down to a family do, in so much pain by the time we got there (around 11.30). but luckily i went caus my aunty gave me some herron blues...i seriously never normally take anything (i can count on 2 hands the number of times i've ever taken medicine or had it rammed down my throat...and i'm the daughter of a nurse, how ironic), but these are absolute godsends! that said, i probably wont take them again unless i'm about half way to death

i went to the doctors the next day, got given some antibiotics, tried to have one hole when i got home but gagged...and took literally forever to consume (if you can call it that) most of it crushed on a spoon with some yoghurt (there was still some stuck to the spoon that i wasnt going to scrape off with my teeth). i puked, twice, an hour or so later...i havent taken one since. so i've been living on eardrops and the (now) occasional herrons for the past week, with my ear ever so slowly getting unblocked.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
You are lucky, i spent easter with a chest infection. This meant that i had a pretty crazy fever, could hardly think and because iam a chronic asthmatic, i also couldnt breathe very well. being on oxygen and given ventalin every 4 hours isnt fun :( I should have been in hospital, but because mum is a nurse and ive had asthma all my life, our house is stocked as if it were a hospital anyway. Still not over it yet, but atleast i dont feel so weak that iam going to die...estimated current lung capacity: 80% of norm.

Loza33

HSC
Wow!!

Sucks for you guys!!! I hope you both are feeling better...

My easter involved my family trying to be 'all family' like... us family like, is my brother and i getting drunk, my sister storming off and my brother, mum and i playing board games.. haha.. that is exactly what happened!!

We had very minimal chocolate... which was good.... it wasnt like i had to sit there and have hardly any, while everyone else had loads!

onebytwo

Recession '08
HSC
wow...reading all these strange illnesses makes me feel as though ive got it easy.
- broken humorous. also found out i had a bone cyst from the x-rays.
- left knee tendon problems since year 6.
- fucked my back when i was 8, from trying to hard when bowling during cricket, and ever since then it every now and then hurts so bad, to the point where i can barely walk. i'll trade 5 broken bones for my back to heal completely and never bother me again. unfortunately, thats never going to happen.
- regular irritating cold sores, so im always carrying zovirax.
- bloody shortsighted. damnit!

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
Let's see...

I have fucked ankles
I have a heart murmur
I've had brain surgery 6 times because of hydrocephalus
I have a brain tumour
I used to have a stomach tumour- last they checked, it was gone!

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
Serius said:
You are lucky, i spent easter with a chest infection. This meant that i had a pretty crazy fever, could hardly think and because iam a chronic asthmatic, i also couldnt breathe very well. being on oxygen and given ventalin every 4 hours isnt fun :( I should have been in hospital, but because mum is a nurse and ive had asthma all my life, our house is stocked as if it were a hospital anyway. Still not over it yet, but atleast i dont feel so weak that iam going to die...estimated current lung capacity: 80% of norm.
Sorry to hear that man.. :(

Me, the only noticable illnesses/injuries that i've had is a fever which for some strange reason occurs close to exam time (which is bad. very very bad) and i've had my middle finger fractured.

Loza33

HSC
S1M0 said:
Sorry to hear that man.. :(

Me, the only noticable illnesses/injuries that i've had is a fever which for some strange reason occurs close to exam time (which is bad. very very bad) and i've had my middle finger fractured.
That is it?

As in never even the flu??

I had a 'stomach bug' the last couple of days... which really sucked!!

Tuesday - my first day off work in voer a week!! Had plans to go into the city, catch up with a friend do some shopping etc!

Monday - Dancing around house, very excited! I had a day off work, everyone else had to go! Etc!

Monday, Midnight - wake up to nauseating stomach... proceed to throw up, most of night...

Tuesday morning - have to cancel on friend!

Spend great, desired day off in bed...

Wednesday - wake up, expecting to go to work! But alas, no - i have no energy to get out of bed even! So lose a whole days worth of pay, and get in trouble form boss for late notice!!

Then brother returns home from work at midday- i gave it to him - ah.. all is not lost!!

Haha!

(Plus my boss is is sister to my brothers boss, and when she found out we both had, she was a little more sympathetic!)

Sickness sucks!

Sprinkles~

splashing in puddles
HSC
Yesterday I found out I have a skin disease to add to the list. It's so gross, I don't want to go back to uni :/.

Loza33

HSC
Sprinkles~ said:
Yesterday I found out I have a skin disease to add to the list. It's so gross, I don't want to go back to uni :/.
That is not cool!! How did you get that? Is it cureable?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)