• Best of luck to the class of 2020 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

im gay (1 Viewer)

im emo

New Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2007
Messages
3
Gender
Male
HSC
2007
the title speaks for itself. but im a closet. i really dont want people to get the idea that im trying to get attention because of my sexual orientation. im just curious about some things that have been bothering me...

im in year 12... is this the year to tell my friends about my sexual orientation? im quite close with my group but everytime the subject of homosexuality comes up most of them bag it out, and express their negative views. they are really important to me, but their inability to accept my sexuality leaves me feeling depressed and empty.. should i risk losing them by telling the truth? i dont want to be ostricised because of it, i already feel lonely as it is.

most ppl on bos are open minded and probably dont care if someone was gay.. i dunno, im sorry guys i wouldnt ever post a thread asking for anything, but im wondering what ppl would do/think. ive been really sad and out of it these couple of weeks.

any advice is more than welcomed.
 
Last edited:

Season

Member
Joined
May 30, 2006
Messages
360
Location
ACT
Gender
Female
HSC
2007
ummm... congratulations...


What I've found is depending on where you are in Australia will be telling on how accepting people will be of your sexual orientation. Like in some places in the country people hate gay people while in my experience a lot of people in the city couldn't care less.

I've had a few friends tell me they were gay and I was cool with it. With the girls I said nothing would change but they weren't allowed to hit on any of my friends cos that would be too weird for me, but everyone else apart from that was cool. Wth the guys I said if they took my crushes away from me then there would be retribution :p

If you want to tell them, tell them. We can't really predict how they'll act cos we don't know them. If they're real friends then I'm sure they'd understand and accept you. Perhaps tell one or two or them and see how they react before telling everyone.
 

P_Dilemma

Extraordinary Entertainer
Joined
Oct 18, 2004
Messages
752
Location
The Void
Gender
Male
HSC
2006
If you're this confused, maybe you're not gay, just another confused teenage boy with raging hormones.

How do you feel if ppl say "YOU ARE GAY!!!"...?

If ur response is a frown, ur prob just confused.

If u are gay, just beam them a smile with a "yeah! i am!"

-P_D
 
G

Gavvvvvin

Guest
If you're emo your friends have probably already worked it out.
 

cowface

Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2007
Messages
51
Gender
Male
HSC
2007
If you find some guys at school hot and whack off to gay porno then you're obviously gay. No doubt about it.

BTW, I'm gay, and so is my boyfriend, who's in the same school as me. We're both not out and probably won't come out at school.
 

twinkles.

endomorph.
Joined
Mar 2, 2007
Messages
48
Location
Not with YOU!
Gender
Female
HSC
2008
if your friends accept you, then they obviously are true friends.
you should be comfortable with who you are, not with what others think of you.
plus, are you going to see everyone from yoru school again after schools over?
 

brows

Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2006
Messages
454
Location
Melbourne
Gender
Male
HSC
2007
im emo said:
the title speaks for itself. but im a closet. i really dont want people to get the idea that im trying to get attention because of my sexual orientation. im just curious about some things that have been bothering me...

im in year 12... is this the year to tell my friends about my sexual orientation? im quite close with my group but everytime the subject of homosexuality comes up most of them bag it out, and express their negative views. they are really important to me, but their inability to accept my sexuality leaves me feeling depressed and empty.. should i risk losing them by telling the truth? i dont want to be ostricised because of it, i already feel lonely as it is.

most ppl on bos are open minded and probably dont care if someone was gay.. i dunno, im sorry guys i wouldnt ever post a thread asking for anything, but im wondering what ppl would do/think. ive been really sad and out of it these couple of weeks.

any advice is more than welcomed.
A friend of mine came out about it last year. Everyone was completely shocked as he was just your average guy - i.e. no one suspected it as he didnt act overly gay etc. However, pretty much everyone embraced him including myself and i dont treat him or think of him as anyone different. Of course there are always going to be a minority who use it against you (e.g. the smartasses who make fun of everything/everyone within a 5m radius) but just take it on board and be open about it so they dont get any satisfaction out of it like my friend does. As a previous poster said ur mates will stay true with u if they really are true mates. If i was ur friend i would feel somewhat awkward at the start but i would accept it and appreciate your openess about it. Goodluck mate.
 

Serius

Beyond Godlike
Joined
Nov 10, 2004
Messages
3,125
Location
Wollongong
Gender
Male
HSC
2005
dont come out until uni starts - good advice. Once there people are alot more open minded, school is a small world and after it people realise how small it really was. Plus everyone is an adult now and has adult views. good luck with it.

edit: what the hell? thats exactly what iam talking about. Out of the handful of people i know who have come out i wasnt shocked or surprised. not because i had allready guessed[with a few i had though] but because its not really that different. Being gay is exactly like your average guy, except ofcourse for personal stuff that people dont need to hear about. Alot of people are gay, it happens its a statistic.
 
Last edited:

Bobness

English / Law
Joined
Aug 7, 2005
Messages
1,663
Location
Sligo
Gender
Male
HSC
N/A
P_Dilemma said:
If you're this confused, maybe you're not gay, just another confused teenage boy with raging hormones.

How do you feel if ppl say "YOU ARE GAY!!!"...?

If ur response is a frown, ur prob just confused.

If u are gay, just beam them a smile with a "yeah! i am!"

-P_D
You're so gay, right?
 

townie

Premium Member
Joined
Feb 13, 2004
Messages
9,662
Location
Gladesville
Gender
Male
HSC
2004
Uni Grad
2009
it depends how negative they are about it, if it's just jokes and shit...it's reallly not that bad, in reality, it makes it better, because, if u can joke about something u can embrace it.

hell, all my friends give me shit for being gay, but it's all in good fun, i came out in year 9 and didnt loose anybody.

yeah, some people were dicks, but not my friends, and any friend would embrace u, if not, they're not a true friend (cliched but true)
 

Bobness

English / Law
Joined
Aug 7, 2005
Messages
1,663
Location
Sligo
Gender
Male
HSC
N/A
Well then, someone else could do that to you as well keypad.

edit: or me :eek:
 
Joined
Mar 21, 2004
Messages
2,198
Location
Northernmost Moonforests of the North
Gender
Male
HSC
2002
im emo said:
the title speaks for itself. but im a closet. i really dont want people to get the idea that im trying to get attention because of my sexual orientation. im just curious about some things that have been bothering me...

im in year 12... is this the year to tell my friends about my sexual orientation? im quite close with my group but everytime the subject of homosexuality comes up most of them bag it out, and express their negative views. they are really important to me, but their inability to accept my sexuality leaves me feeling depressed and empty.. should i risk losing them by telling the truth? i dont want to be ostricised because of it, i already feel lonely as it is.

most ppl on bos are open minded and probably dont care if someone was gay.. i dunno, im sorry guys i wouldnt ever post a thread asking for anything, but im wondering what ppl would do/think. ive been really sad and out of it these couple of weeks.

any advice is more than welcomed.
www.closet-experts.com
 

Davriel

Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2006
Messages
102
Gender
Undisclosed
HSC
N/A
Musk said:
i say keep ur mouth shut until uni starts, school friends have a high level of "narrow minded"characteristics
What he said.
 
Joined
Mar 25, 2006
Messages
483
Location
West Pennant Hills
Gender
Male
HSC
2006
It depends if your friends negative views are serious or if they're just schoolyard banter.
I remember at my school we would joke about anything and everything but it somehow managed to actually increase the bond between everyone.
For example, we would play basketball most lunchtimes and teams would nearly always be divided along the lines of Asians verse the rest. It's not that we were creating racial differences it was just easy that way cos the teams were roughly 50-50.

As has been said, if they're really your friends they won't care.
 

S1M0

LOLtheist
Joined
Aug 17, 2006
Messages
1,598
Gender
Male
HSC
2008
The Brucemaster said:
For example, we would play basketball most lunchtimes and teams would nearly always be divided along the lines of Asians verse the rest. It's not that we were creating racial differences it was just easy that way cos the teams were roughly 50-50.
Thats how we play soccer too. We do asians vs the rest because its always makes the game more fun and evenly matched.
 

Serius

Beyond Godlike
Joined
Nov 10, 2004
Messages
3,125
Location
Wollongong
Gender
Male
HSC
2005
very original...except i stopped listening to changes parodies about 10 years ago.

No1 really cares if the makingfuncausehesgay thing is all in good fun or not. Theres always people who pretend its just a joke but they honestly think you are a 'sinner' or some shit. I dont see the need to open yourself up to that kind of ridicule.
 

Redgoddess

Member
Joined
Jun 25, 2005
Messages
170
Gender
Female
HSC
2006
I came out to my friends when I was in year 12, but all of them were cool about it, and I knew that they were all a pretty open minded, accepting bunch so while I was worried about it to an extent, it was easier for me to just tell them and then deal with it rather than having to worry about concealing the fact that I had a girlfriend. I'd still be careful about it though, like I didn't advertise it to the whole year at large, just my group of mates.
 

carreau

Member
Joined
Jun 5, 2006
Messages
97
Gender
Male
HSC
2006
townie said:
it depends how negative they are about it, if it's just jokes and shit...it's reallly not that bad, in reality, it makes it better, because, if u can joke about something u can embrace it.

hell, all my friends give me shit for being gay, but it's all in good fun, i came out in year 9 and didnt loose anybody.

yeah, some people were dicks, but not my friends, and any friend would embrace u, if not, they're not a true friend (cliched but true)
I'm all for gays being equal and all that.. but.. that sig.. man I dunno...lol:bomb:
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top