Im Having Trouble Studying (1 Viewer)

coralie1994

HSC
jelly? really? LOL never tried that combo before haha but yeah I guess it does haha

michaeljennings

HSC
you make it seem like its crazy! trust me give it a go and you will wonder why you have never tried it before. Blue jelly is the best

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
i do eat a lot i just get hungry really quickly and im looking for something that is filling rather than eating a lot because id like to save time
Maybe the foods you are taking are high GI(glycemic index?) - so they are quickly digested and you feel hungry quickly. E.g brown rice takes longer to break down & digest: so you feel full longer whereas if you say take typical white rice that's easy to digest (high GI) you feel hungry quickly. Same applies to other quick-to-digest food. I'm no expert on GI but maybe you can research it a little.

ashleighjudge

HSC
It may sound weird but just keep telling yourself 'no!!' when you think about getting food, to get over the hunger, you could also set yourself mini goals - I will eat something after... eg. I finish studying to the end of this chapter. Just make sure you are staying healthy.

michaeljennings

HSC
Maybe the foods you are taking are high GI(glycemic index?) - so they are quickly digested and you feel hungry quickly. E.g brown rice takes longer to break down &maybe you can research it a little.
I have yeah cos i eat a lot of bread, wholegrain crackers etc but it just doesnt seem to work

michaeljennings

HSC
It may sound weird but just keep telling yourself 'no!!' when you think about getting food, to get over the hunger, you could also set yourself mini goals - I will eat something after... eg. I finish studying to the end of this chapter. Just make sure you are staying healthy.
haha ive tried that and so far its the best out of all the things ive tried

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
I have yeah cos i eat a lot of bread, wholegrain crackers etc but it just doesnt seem to work
Your so-called wholegrain crackers, being processed food, probably digest quickly too.

Also I recall hearing: having a good intake of protein like meat , keeps you full longer. Talk to older and nutritionally-wise folks; their advice would be better.

Last edited:

riots

HSC
N/A
Nuts.

Almonds, cashews, pistachios (shelled), peanuts, etcetc.

Effortless eating, and it keeps you full. Just keep a bowl or jar of them with you and take a handful whenever you become hungry. Toss in a few sultanas as well to get a hit of sugar.

michaeljennings

HSC
ahhh excellent all this help is amazing you guys are legends. Ill rep all of you when i can the thing says i cant give out anymore for today cos ive given out too much hahah

firstneg

HSC
nutella on wholemeal toast. Has the chocolate, nuts and starchy. Soooo good. I have one piece and do not need anything else for three hours.

michaeljennings

HSC
nutella! thats awesome didnt think of that and i havent had nutella since primary school haha, thats defs goin on the shopping list =)

lil_pembo

HSC
Don't have water, it makes you pee too much...
Blueberries are supposed to be brain food...
But a good ol' chicken sambo never seems to fail for me :)

SpreadTheWord

HSC
Have snacks, during your study breaks ( every 30/45 mins). I wouldn't recommending eating while studying, because it will deter you from focusing. Also don't have a massive amount of food except for dinner obviously, as it will make you feel lathargic.

Thomas_Tank

HSC
When you feel like your going to go crazy over food, first change your schedules then go crazy over food and then reward yourself with more food when you finished the task, Hope that helps

DarkDrakayn

Premium Member
HSC
i don't know about you guys, but I think i go through a 2.25L bottle of LA Ice and a packet of shapes, whenever im studying...only chicken crimpy though.

jnney

lemon
HSC
I hate coffee, but I drink it anyway.

cpwincess19

HSC
DRINK TEA ! It works , and like pull your ears :/ it sounds so wierd but it makes me alert and also keep a straight posture :) hahahaha
& if you get bored drinking just the one flavour of tea , try different varieties there's like 20 types out there !
Possibly even more ... i bought the chamomile flavour , raspberry strawberry and cranberry flavour , green tea , vanilla , etc etc etc YUM !
& it's not bad either cos it's got plenty of antioxidants :) have a biscuit with it too or something hahaha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)