im in a relationship atm and is *curious* (1 Viewer)

HSC
In my relationship it depends on who has cash at the time... It turns out fairly even in the end :)

yulia

i'm sorry for your face.
HSC
miikey1986 said:
well i have been going out with this girl for 3 1/2 months now.

im just wondering do guys always pay for everything? like we see each other maybe 1 to 3 times max a week and i pay for everything, like movies, food , going out etc.. im in uni atm and i work part time and i know she has HSC and doesnt earn income and all.

im not worried about why i pay and this as i am not stingy

but im just curious for other's ppls relationships and experiences as this is my first relationship with a girl

if guys always pay for everything? or whats the deal? pay for self ?

like u know i cant 100% be sure she likes me u kno , as we havent been going out for that long , like is she going out with me for my money??

coz u kno wouldnt u feel some guilt at all? the guy paying for everything everytime

thanks for the help guys and girls much appreciated
The guy pays most of the time...the times I pay is when I sneak it in or I argue with him, or we make some arrangement, like he'll pay for food and i'll pay for the movie, but he usually makes it so I end up paying for the cheaper thing...

B ut I know of quite a few girls who are with some guys just because of their money...

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Korn said:
hang on $250 a week, fuck, dude ur being ripped off, are you getting anythin in return???

you could probably find a cheaper prostitute
You could probably get one for $50 a night, then you could have the weekend for yourself.

denise_

So fetch!
HSC
miikey1986 said:

im just wondering do guys always pay for everything? like we see each other maybe 1 to 3 times max a week and i pay for everything, like movies, food , going out etc.. im in uni atm and i work part time and i know she has HSC and doesnt earn income and all.

but im just curious for other's ppls relationships and experiences as this is my first relationship with a girl

like u know i cant 100% be sure she likes me u kno , as we havent been going out for that long , like is she going out with me for my money??

coz u kno wouldnt u feel some guilt at all? the guy paying for everything everytime

well when my relationship only lasted 3 months.. my ex was the most stingiest biatch ever.. no offence.. but yer omgsh he made ME pay for HIM twice! his excuse was that he "forgot" his wallet for both times.. and all he pays me for is food considering i only eat tiny morsels around him doesnt cost much.. >.< even tho he doesnt earn any income he shouldve made a better effort to pay and be less stingy ..
maybe u should start by paying less often see how she reacts to it.. but i dunno guys with money are often used and abused by girls.. not that i've ever done that before *thinks* nop never done that. i have a guilt conscience. i feel bad when they pay.
but in a relationship, i reckon it should be 50/50 or 40/60 maybe 40 being the girl. one of the reasons why people get married to their special someone is that they believe that their partner can support them through both physically, emotionally and financially
good luck mikey

chelzmalee

death by pastry
HSC
I like it 50/50. If he pays for me, I feel like I owe him something, so I usually prefer to pay for myself.

strawberriqueen

HSC
chelzmalee said:
I like it 50/50. If he pays for me, I feel like I owe him something, so I usually prefer to pay for myself.
i know wat u mean... my bf has a hard time coz i will not let him pay for me... he has now taken to buying stuff for me before i arrive (eg chocolate if we see a movie)... he hates not paying for me but he has to deal

Lhyviathan

2/cos C
HSC
My system was to just take turns in paying for things which are similarly priced. The trick is to not really focus on who is paying more in the long run, and just to feel gratitude for each other's generosity.

For example, at the movies:

Me: my own ticket, 2 frozen cokes.
Her: her own ticket, popcorn for two.

The system works. :uhhuh:

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
When my ex and I were going out, everything just seemed to 'happen'. I'd pick up the odd bill/shout/whatever, and she'd pay for some bits too. I guess it was 50/50 in the end, but we never put any deliberate thought into it.

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
I usually go halves, or, at the moment, Skittled and I have a $100 a week budget between us so we just get out the money and do it that way. I think its nice paying halves, its not necessarily easier, but then, when it comes to the rare times when he pays for me, it makes it special and I feel all spoilt, even when its something small.

I wouldnt feel comfortable letting my so pay for everything... and I wouldnt feel comfortable paying for everything either. If she has a job, she should pay for some things.. and as if the HSC is that hectic at the moment :rolleyes:

HSC
Come on most people can at least get money together to go to the movies once a week, what do u think parents are for?
Plus plenty of people hold down casual work and do the HSC
And wouldn't most people feel bad if someone spends 200 bux a week on them? I mean how many hours do u have to work to get 200 dollars?
Careful you might be getting used

Jase

HSC
There's should be no such thing as 'paying for something'.

You both use your own damn money (or your parents) and pay for your own food.

Of course.. there is such a thing as shouting :D.

HSC
miikey1986 said:

Wow that's generous (and cool) ... last b/f I had, he offered, but my dad's always taught me that letting people buy you things are untolerable, so I've always felt guilty, even borrowing twenty cents. I make it fifty fifty ish.
I don't know if she's wanting you for your money ... just mention you haven't got so much cash if you phone her later, and if she's like 'then we shouldn't go out if you got no money' instead of offering to help chip ... then you got a problem

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
erm yeah, movies don't cost that much i am sure she has 10 bucks to spare
i don't think you should 'talk to her about it' though, like i'd be pretty put off about having to talk about money. what you should talk about, is if she actually refuses to eat non-restaurant sit-down food since she's expecting you to pay.
and 3 months is pretty long i reckon haha. i would feel bad if my bf paid for absolutely everything for 3 months. but then again some people are used to it.

with dating, from the first dates i've always paid for stuff as well. it's not like a business partner or something like someone said before, cos he'd get dinner and i'd get movies or something.

also, do you mean $200 a week between you two? cos i don't know, it doesn't seem that much.. it depends on how much you see each other i guess. but if you see each other around 3 times a week it's pretty reasonable.

gronkboyslim

HSC
dont be a fucking loser.
if you like her, getting bangs and shit, shoudnlt matter

at the rub and tug, its like 150 bux anyway. biattch

Chriis

HSC
N/A
yeah. like, my gf and i's first time out i paid for it, and then she refused to let me anytime after :p

now whoever pays for whatever whenever, but usually we'll buy our own coz it's just easier to manage how much you have so you know what you can spend.

i.e. own train tickets, food (coz we may goto different food places if we're shopping or whatever - or so we dont have to order crazy stuff for the other one), movie tickets etc

but sometimes if one of us is short, or if we're buying clothes or whatever we'll treat eachother.

$200 a week isnt that much if it's a few times, especially if it's between you two, (which it sounds like it is.)

MzbLaZeIT

im am teh seks.
HSC
0o0 said:
you could i guess tone it down a little and explain to your girlfriend that you are unable to spend so much every week seeing you have other essential expences of your own, most girls will understand and wont hold it against you.

i agree with this!!

i mean if she doesnt have a job especially (if that was me for instance) id feel some guilt... even try bludge off my parents to shout my guy once every so often.. of course money doesnt grow on trees.. id feel pretty bad + not make him pay for such expensive places.. $200 isnt cheap each week jst for going out to dinner lol

when i was going out with my last boyfriend he usually paid.. but i was persistant to pay atleast a few times.. coz i felt bad! i mean just coz your a guy doesnt mean you HAVE to pay.. i think its good for a girl to atleast offer..if she doesnt then its a bit stingy!
but it was really equalled out.. (i was going out with this guy for only 2 months) he'd buy food, movie ticket.. etc (wouldnt let me pay) but id return the small favour and do little things like id buy him ciggirettes every so often or credit or something... coz he'd usually pay for everything when we went out (dinner/movies etc)

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
It all depends on what the couple is happy with.

My boyfriend has a job, and I don't. My parents ask me exactly what I want to buy, and give me not a dollar more of what I need, so my boyfriend ends up paying for all the unnecessary pretty things I want, that my parent's don't want to buy. When we go out, we just put our money together and spend it from one wallet, but usually we always need more than we have, so he withdraws more.

It's definitely wrong to assign one person in the relationship to pay for everything, whether it be the guy or the girl, the one with the job or the one without.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)