im screwd (1 Viewer)

^emmie^

HSC
i am ssoooo freacking out i cant remember how to do anything ive been trying to do past HSC questions but i still find most very hard i cant remember any formulas
WHAT CAN I DO is anyone else feeling like this?
what does everyone think r the most important topics to know the best
plz wb

collide

HSC
Learn all the theory first. Hopefully by doing this you'll have better understanding of the topics to be able to apply the formulas. Force yourself to remember the formulas.. maybe write it out several times?
After you have sound knowledge of all the topics, do as many past papers as you can. Figure out what you're not confident doing and do past paper questions relating to that topic(s) until you can do the questions properly.

Well that's what I'll be doing after paper 2. I haven't done any maths questions for like 3 weeks now.. pretty sure I've forgotten everything.

HSC
Yep I feel the same. :( But I've felt like that throughout the whole course. :S

Have a look at your Trial mark. If it was good, then you're probably fine, and just need to refresh your mind on the topics. If not, have a look at where you went wrong, and spend a more time on those topics. Also, have a look at the formulas and topics that were put into your Trial paper, as well as the past HSC papers. That will give you a rough idea of what to expect and what kind of questions they'll ask you i.e. which topics you'll need to focus on.

Also, maybe write down the formulas you think will be needed in the exam, and put them in a place you see everyday.

edit:
collide said:
Well that's what I'll be doing after paper 2. I haven't done any maths questions for like 3 weeks now.. pretty sure I've forgotten everything.
That's the problem with Maths; the moment you stop studying for it, you forget EVERYTHING! :(

Last edited:

nubix

HSC
Would it be possible for you to learn how to derive the formulas?

eg. rθ comes from (θ/2π)2πr

HSC
^emmie^ said:
i am ssoooo freacking out i cant remember how to do anything ive been trying to do past HSC questions but i still find most very hard i cant remember any formulas
plz wb
you need to get some confidence back. do all the questions that you know

mc88

HSC
Best thing to do for formula's is to just write them out until they stick.

I've also found that by going through questions and writing down the method of doing them (either through using examples or your own work) can clarify what you need to do.

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
At school almost half of our Maths assessments are just entries into a summary book.
Periodically, we will write in new summaries for the content we learned so far which includes proofs, formulas and examples.

They are useful because we can look over them whenever we need to quickly revise topics for exams.

Otherwise, you could purchase the Excel HSC Mathematics study guide (Somehow the Preliminary version is more detailed).

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
^emmie^ said:
plz wb
Suicide? ...... i heard all your problems go away....

claudia b

HSC
don't worry guys: If you're all screwed then we'll all get scaled up:) do plenty of practice papers (put you're formula's up in the shower or on the cofee desk next to the TV and you'll learn them in no time...) what I'm most worried about is english

kiet44

HSC
^emmie^ said:
plz wb
you do 12 units, just don't count maths.....but I have been holding this back for too long and I have one thing to say...: dumbass...

In any case, try maximise your marks on the first 4 questions, you know ones which are like: find x, OH I FOUND IT, ITS UNDER THE TABLE!!!, and for topics which have been re occuring heaps: motion, sequences and series (loan repayments and compound interests rarely comes up BUT IT DOES), trig. Just look at the front and back cover of the past paper book and see which topics had the most re-occurence.

Further more..: DUMBASS

HSC
kiet44 said:
you do 12 units, just don't count maths.....but I have been holding this back for too long and I have one thing to say...: dumbass...

In any case, try maximise your marks on the first 4 questions, you know ones which are like: find x, OH I FOUND IT, ITS UNDER THE TABLE!!!, and for topics which have been re occuring heaps: motion, sequences and series (loan repayments and compound interests rarely comes up BUT IT DOES), trig. Just look at the front and back cover of the past paper book and see which topics had the most re-occurence.

Further more..: DUMBASS
Dumbass?? Just curious, how does stressing out about the HSC classify the OP as a "dumbass"?

^emmie^

HSC
yer maths counts i do childrens services at tafe so that dont have a UAI

kiet44

HSC
sorry, I find "i am ssoooo freacking out i cant remember how to do anything" very amusing which is then reinforced with "i cant remember any formulas", not the fact she is stressing out over the HSC which is perfectly normal.

Like I said before just focus on the questions which have had the most re-occurence in the past HSC exams if your at this stage and having alot of trouble, and to also try maximise your marks i.e. 12/12 for the first 3 or 4 questions. And then try pick up some marks after that to total your raw score to like 60% then it will be scaled and what not and it shouldn't be too bad. However there is no doubt that at this rate your maths mark isn't going to be too good, so try and get your other 8 units to score amazingly in the exam. Also a good technique is, during the 5 minutes reading time, look at the easy questions which you know how to do then start off with them, this then builds confidence along the way, and as the confidence builds, formulas and other stuff will just naturally come to you.

Thats all I can say, further more, I think the reason your not remembing any formulas or anything is because of the stress your under at the moment. Take some time off, like maybe have a whole day without study. Then get back into it after.

^emmie^

HSC
yer im going good in all my other subjects like have good rankings

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)