Imaginative journeys! (1 Viewer)

What do you think bout Imaginative Journeys?

• Excellent

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • good

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • okayish...

Votes: 15 22.4%
  • Indifferent/ dun care...cbb

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • shithouse!

Votes: 18 26.9%
  • I hate hsc english!

Votes: 25 37.3%

• Total voters
T

Tyler

Anyone doin imaginative journeys? i hear not many people are doing it and physical journeys is the most common one being done.
Whos thinking of using what as their supp text?
I thinken of using somethin like 2001 a space odyssey the film or text,, and sumthin like wizard of oz or bill and teds excellent adventure..lol and sum poem.

Last edited by a moderator:

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
I might use back to the furtue if l can...my brother won't stop watching it!! I voted good because l don't really like english when we have double periods a day....zzz...zzz

clerisy

HSC
What prescribed text are you doing? I'm doing the Tempest...

For supplementary materials I'm thinking of doing Alice in Wonderland or The Alchemist... I'd like to get a movie in, though and Id prefer to do an older film from maybe the 1940s or 1950s (simply because I like them better). Any ideas?

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
can someone please explain to me what is a supplementary text and when is it used?

I am also doing Enders Game. I am doing Chaucer (such a dickhead), King Lear and Frontline as well.

nafannyhead

HSC
suplementary material (or additional material) is something you have to learn and analyse like the area of study booklet from BOS (the blue thing with road not taken, wind in the willows, etc), and the book you are studying class (i am doing enders game.) So you have to find a few pieces of additional material (can be books, movies, poems etc) and then probably in the hsc youll be asked a question :

Q: What is journey? Discuss by refering to the board of studies booklet, your set text (enders) and a variety of additional material.

hope that helps..

nafannyhead

HSC
imaginitive journeys suck for finding Additional material! thats all i can say about imaginitive journeys, there are only movies and books and movies and books and..... all the other journeys you can use heaps of stuff, dam imaginitve.

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Will we be taught to do this in class or is it up to us to learn the material?

P.S thanks for your help as well.

clerisy

HSC
Your teacher CAN go through some related texts, but they don't have to... it's pretty much up to you to come up with some yourself.

Aussiechick

HSC
imag journeys are okish.. i dont like them much tho, would much rather physical

my supplementary material is minpins by roald dahl, an episode of charmed, and only when I sleep by the corrs

lil bronze babe

imaginative journeys

i'm doin imaginative journeys

suggestions:

-a beautiful mind
-Dali paintings
-The Matrix

i cant do any of these because some classes r studyin them but mayB u ppl might want to?

NEwayz, so sum1 giv me a suggestion on wot i can do?
i need 2 texts

T

Tyler

thanx for the suggestions lil bronze babe, much appreciated, anyone else with any good ideas, post em.

zelda

the hobbit is a perfect example of imaginary journey :p
umm also LOTR even tho the hobbit is the prelude of it
Others prolly..the time machine(movie) or the sixth sense

Kirsti

HSC
My school is doing inner journeys. It is such a broad topic! It's basically the same as Self-Discovery from our Prelim course but we can't use the same texts :(
It's been quite fun trying to relate all the booklet texts to inner journeys when some are obviously meant to be physical.

Does anyone have any ideas on visual texts I could use for inner journeys?

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
fight club
alice in wonderland
the wizard of oz
charlie and the chocolate factory
if you watch buffy, you can use heaps of stuff, i'd recommend "restless" from season 4 in particular.
umm, american psycho, although your school might not appreciate you using such a violent movie... we don't have any restrictions about R rated stuff, but they can't explicitly tell us to do it.
round the world in 80 days
gulliver's travels
labyrinth
peter pan

i can think of more, but they more relate to physical/inner, although some of them could cross over between the other, or all three

wildtiger

HSC
i dont understand imaginative journeys, even though we're doing it at school.

for physical journeys, theres stuff like
- obstacles for protagonist to overcome
- overcoming these obstacles changes characters
- time restrictions

for inner, theres
- change in the way protagonist or characters thinks/reacts/behave
- learning

etc.. theres heaps more other stuff but i cant think of any right now. i cant seem to be able to think of any points to do with imaginative journeys?? help! :(

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Yeah we've got imaginative journeys, just started it so no idea what it's like.
See, if we'd have drawn inner journeys I'd have just collected all the SMH articles on Mark Latham and used those! Lol.
Now I gotta find out what an imaginative journey actually is (according to the big, bad BOS) and then figure out what texts and articles I can use for it... I need MEATY articles, not flimsy BS...

clerisy

HSC
Originally posted by wildtiger
i cant seem to be able to think of any points to do with imaginative journeys?? help! :(
Its so true! I have the same problem...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)