IMPORTANT: I can't take Extension English anymore! Read on... (1 Viewer)

Jeee

Banned
HSC
Okay, I love english.
However, in Extension English it's not the content that troubling me but the teacher, the time... and everything is just everywhere!

1) I have to wake up extremely early in the morning - I know I have to be committed, but it's doing my head in. I'm just not built for early mornings. Because of this, I've been missing several classes.
2) The teacher. I seriously feel like crying. They're unorganised, unclear about everything, and I feel like everything is absolutely EVERYWHERE! I want to kill Extension English and do really well, since I've been coming top in Advanced English... I don't want to lose Extension English.
And I want to pick up 4 unit HSC English.
OH MY GOSH.
Nothing is making sense. I'm loathing the classes.
3) Some of the work the teacher is making us do is lame! I feel like I'm in pre-school again. I'll wake up early in the morning, get to class, and we end up cutting and pasting magazine pieces to 'visualise our character.' What's with that?!
I can't taaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake this anymore.

Please, any words of advice. Anything.

Last edited:

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
For HSC, your lesson time may switch. Consider that a consolation. Our teacher discussed when we wanted to have the lesson, and we instantly ruled out mornings. See what about think about it and see what you can do.

As for the teacher, complaining to the Head or the Deputy is really about all you can do. Try learning the texts on your own for a bit, reread and rewatch everything you need to for EX1. For EX2 get an independent source outside of the school system to check over what you've done.

Best of Luck

sunsettah

HSC
I'm over extension one as well. I hate it. I am the only person in my class, and my teacher just spends lessons telling me I'm not trying hard enough and my work is okay, but should be a lot better. I KNOW.

Like.. holy crap maybe I don't give a shit about my marks, ever think of that? So leave me alone.... It's my choice. lol.

astroe

HSC
Just keep it to be honest.
If it gets you your kickass ATAR at the end of Year 12, you're practically set for life, assuming you get into your course.

What's a year or so of mediocre suffering if you can be successful later on in life? haha.

I had lessons at 7:30 weekly and I felt like dying, but hey, the timetable eventually changed and I'm happy I kept it.

And, wow, only person in the class? LOL.
Lucky! You don't get affected by scaling and your student to teacher ratio is high, 1. :p

sunsettah

HSC
Yeah.. I'm one of those weird people that don't care much about their ATAR.

I'd like to get into uni and do psychology or teaching, or maybe environmental science or something.. but I know if my ATAR is 50 or higher I will be okay enough to do a B Arts and then transfer, etc - even though it will waste time and cost more but at least I'm there.

Even even my ATAR goes to hell and i get 35, I'm pretty easy I mean I could do a traineeship and work as a learn, or go to TAFE and transfer into uni based on my performannncceee.... or do that STAT test t get into uni.. I'm not really fussed - you don't have to go to uni to make good money. I just wanna be happy and make enough money =] not big on the idea of going to school, finishing, going to school again for another 4 or 5 years, etc.

You only live once =] we're all just organic matter bound for decomposition anyway.

It's hard to get teachers to stress less about my crappy assignments.. lol they refuse to understand my views on life as a big picture

Last edited:

imsopostmodern

cool as a kuhncumber
HSC
if you really want to do EE2 then you don't really get a choice. you have to stick with EE1. but you could maybe ask about swapping to a different class that isn't so early in the morning? and this would allow you to change teachers as well.

it's quite different in year 12, the work you do is somewhat less intense than the year 11 course and it's more interesting. try sticking in there for a little bit longer :)

MissAmazing

HSC
hmm, yeah, the only reason im doing extension one is to do two and i cant take one anymore, its too hard and i hate poetry. i have to stick with it tho -.-

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
Everyone here should try sticking with it. I HATED extension 1 for the first half of year 11 and now it is one of my favourite subjects, so interesting and my teacher gives out lollies in extension 2 sometimes.
:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)