Important - Please Read (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldendawn

ὄσον ζῆς...
HSC
glitterfairy said:
Whoa I missed one... ACK I chipped a nail... ok... let's try this again...

I thought red was the devil's colour? (although red is my other favourite colour)
Nah, pink is like the devils colour too...cause pink is like a shade of red...hehe (don't argue with me, I'm an art student!)

Just kidding. The only colour the devil possesses is ignorance...and mauve...what a gross colour.

HSC
N/A
Gentlemen, it has been a riveting conversation but glitterfairy must bid adieu and adjourn to her sleeping quarters *yawn* Big day ahead... two exams in one day... *shudder*

We shall continue this on the morrow!

*glitterfairy picks up her PURPLE blankets... no, just kidding, they're red and pink, not mauve! All is good!*

goldendawn

ὄσον ζῆς...
HSC
glitterfairy said:
Gentlemen, it has been a riveting conversation but glitterfairy must bid adieu and adjourn to her sleeping quarters *yawn* Big day ahead... two exams in one day... *shudder*

We shall continue this on the morrow!

*glitterfairy picks up her PURPLE blankets... no, just kidding, they're red and pink, not mauve! All is good!*

LOL - mauve.

Anyway, sleep well, and best of luck with your exams tomorrow!

G'night. :)

J

jhakka

Puce is a colour with a cool name. And that's all I have to say about that. :p

400miles

goldendawn said:
In many religions (other than Byzantine Christianity!), sensuality is a part of greater spirituality (hence Bollywood movies are so beautifully colourful and musical). Brazen sexuality on the other hand, can become perverted when it does not find its fulfilment in the soul; when it denounces transcendant and fiery beauty; when it accepts material sense as the only sense. Eternal damnation, likewise, is of our own making. I believe that good and evil are earthy values, and that the greater universe breathes in and out in constant process of causation - of cause and effect. Good and evil are of our own making, because choice is all.

Oh, and pink is totally the devils colour....hehe
400miles returns to crying girlishly at the fact that he just read that whole paragraph. Then cries even more at the fact that he didn't really understand it. Then cries even more at the fact that he realises he found the AREA not the VOLUME in yesterdays maths test. Then laughs because he's happy. Then cries a bit more because he still hasn't read jhakka's major work and wonders if it was ever written.

goldendawn

ὄσον ζῆς...
HSC
400miles said:
400miles returns to crying girlishly at the fact that he just read that whole paragraph. Then cries even more at the fact that he didn't really understand it. Then cries even more at the fact that he realises he found the AREA not the VOLUME in yesterdays maths test. Then laughs because he's happy. Then cries a bit more because he still hasn't read jhakka's major work and wonders if it was ever written.

*Goldendawn wonders why 400 miles can't take anything with meaning or some wit it in. In this vein, Goldendawn wonders why 400 miles wants to read Jhakka's major work. Goldendawn suggests Prosac. Goldendawn is going to stop talking about himself in the third person now.*

haha, no just kidding (about the prosac anyway). :)

400miles

400 miles sighs. He thought Goldendawn was a girl all this time, how stupid he now feels.

goldendawn

ὄσον ζῆς...
HSC
400miles said:
400 miles sighs. He thought Goldendawn was a girl all this time, how stupid he now feels.

Haha - you thought I was a girl. I accidently had "female" on in the gender section of my profile...that was a crack up when I saw it...

Don't you have "avatars" enabled?

J

jhakka

400miles said:
It was written, and it's not going to be put up on the net.

J

jhakka

Having a sing-along. :p

Actually, I'm listening to Green Day's Jesus of Suburbia (from the American Idiot) album, and drifting about BOS. The usual stuff.

goldendawn

ὄσον ζῆς...
HSC
jhakka said:
Having a sing-along. :p

Actually, I'm listening to Green Day's Jesus of Suburbia (from the American Idiot) album, and drifting about BOS. The usual stuff.

Lol. Yeah, sing alongs are awsome. So are Green Day...
I'm doing just about the same thing...listening to a catchy tune -
"Deste Mou Ta Matia" by Despina Vandi, and doing some revision for Ancient History...

J

jhakka

Argh, I hate Ancient History. I've literally given up on it, and am not looking to three boring hours next Thursday.

goldendawn

ὄσον ζῆς...
HSC
Ancient History seems daunting in the sheer volume of sources and facts required. I think it is, however, practically easier than it may seem. What you need to know will always remain the same, and the questions are always re-worded imitations.

J

jhakka

I still hate it and know pretty much nothing except Old Kingdom Egypt, since our teacher refused to teach us anything (unless you count "Summarise this chapter" as teaching) with the excuse of "The Board of Studies wants us to encourage independant learning" as well as continually telling us we'll fail unless we spend every weekend at Sydney Uni in the library.

No thanks, I think I'll pass on working for Ancient.

goldendawn

ὄσον ζῆς...
HSC
It looks like you got dealt a bad hand by your school. To say that you will fail unless you go to Sydney Uni library in your spare is untrue. I have seen the standards packages for Ancient History. The band 6 responses are not indicative of a great amount of scholarly research, or, for that matter, of much original thought (I do acknowledge that it is difficult to come up with high ideas under exam conditions). Ancient History in the HSC seems to be more about organising information to substantiate a basic assertion. If you have a few well placed primary and secondary sources, combined with a narrative understanding of the various topics, you will do well in an exam.

Old Kingdom is one of my favourite topics...

J

jhakka

Meh, I'm over caring about Ancient History now. If I were in the other class with the other teacher, I probably would have been motivated to at least try. She works them hard, but she's really nice and teaches well.

I tend to do better at take-home essays/assessments than at in-class assessments, since I have all the sources I need in front of me, and I know how to structure an essay.

goldendawn

ὄσον ζῆς...
HSC
Yeah, I understand that. Memorising can be a problem, and it is easier and more fruitful to produce a work in a relaxed situation with immediate access to sources and time to breath.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)