Important - Please Read (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
HSC
N/A
Lynn really doesn't like to be a nazi, but she would honestly prefer if the calibre of IPR discussion remained reasonably high so that all the ipr members can showcase their brilliance :) If anyone feels the need for absolute mindless spam (and we all feel like this from time to time), there is always the NS forum, or msn. IPR remains here because it distinguishes itself from other "regular" spam threads (and it's not just the use of third-person-narration). Once we lose that, we will lose IPR - even the fact that the IPR family includes three mods and a Benefactor would not be enough to save it.

Furthermore, Lynn does not approve of publicly dissing other people's works. Not only is it very distressing for the author of that work (who has already had their major work heavily analysed by other members) to read criticism such as stated above, but how would Alex feel if someone wrote something like that about *her* major work? Lynn feels that one should always try to be as civil as possible, and treat others as one should like to be treated.

Last edited:
J

jhakka

Justin agrees with Lynn.

Effective immediately, any Non School style posts, insulting posts, or repeat posts will be deleted on sight.

If there are any issues, please contact me via PM.

/nazi.

Last edited by a moderator:

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Evan gives kudos to Justin for nazi-ing.
Evan would like to issue a statement. I-PR has been an extremely cool place to hang out, and chat to friendly people-heck some of the people he has encountered off this thread are the nicest people he has ever met! However in recent times posting on I-PR has almost become a drain because chronically people seem to forget their sense of decorum. Evan hopes that in the future people will be more mindful when they post in here for we don't want this to become a problem thread where Justin, Lynn and Susan must moderate every post because it won't take long till they will get sick of it and just delete it. So come on guys( and gals) bring it up a notch, do you want it to be said that class of 04 created I-PR but class of 05 killed it?

goldendawn

ὄσον ζῆς...
HSC
Evan, Justin and Lynn all make decent points, for which Marcus would like to show his support. Of late Marcus has also been feeling alienated from I-PR, due to the consistent degradation of subject matter and manner. Marcus believes that I-PR has prevailed only because of the will of its' members to maintain a safe, friendly but nonetheless stimulating environment. If this will is lost or submerged, then I-PR will cease.

super katie

BEHOLD!
HSC
Katie thinks that this calls for a lynching, however as she is currently experiencing a shortage of rope, duct tape or other similar binding apparatus (for reasons that shall not be divulged on this thread of supremely high intellectual calibre) she calls instead for a unique I-PR form of punishment (or pleasure) that has not been seen around these parts in months. Thats right kids its time for a good deckslapping!

PerfectByNature

I am Jack's wasted life
HSC
glitterfairy said:
Lynn really doesn't like to be a nazi, but she would honestly prefer if the calibre of IPR discussion remained reasonably high so that all the ipr members can showcase their brilliance :) If anyone feels the need for absolute mindless spam (and we all feel like this from time to time), there is always the NS forum, or msn. IPR remains here because it distinguishes itself from other "regular" spam threads (and it's not just the use of third-person-narration). Once we lose that, we will lose IPR - even the fact that the IPR family includes three mods and a Benefactor would not be enough to save it.

Furthermore, Lynn does not approve of publicly dissing other people's works. Not only is it very distressing for the author of that work (who has already had their major work heavily analysed by other members) to read criticism such as stated above, but how would Alex feel if someone wrote something like that about *her* major work? Lynn feels that one should always try to be as civil as possible, and treat others as one should like to be treated.
Alex understands what Lynn means, she was trying to be as nice as possible... and someone has said that sort of stuff about her work... not her MW but other stuff shes written, you have to be ready to hear criticism.
Alex is very sorry if she was too harsh.

HSC
N/A
Lynn agrees that one should always be prepared to hear criticism in the artistic world. And you should believe her, because she has heard some pretty nasty stuff in the dance world ;)

HOWEVER - as intelligent, mature individuals, Lynn feels that we are able to *constructively* criticise other works when we feel the need to. Not only is this a more objective viewpoint to speak from, but something constructive/positive has a much better chance of being taken on board (which is the aim of the game, yes?). Lynn knows the frustration of wanting to vent something you can't say, but she is also very aware that pointless venting often does little except to hurt someone (oh, Lynn also wishes she took her own advice more often! grrr!). The more people who give constructive criticism, the better - she knows how painful a "You suck, you're not good enough, get out of here!" is.

Other news: Lynn has recently come home from her singing concert and would like to tell everyone her hair is still curly :) It's pweeeety and fun to play with!

tez0r

Rawr?
HSC
tez wants to touch lynn's hair....but he is far too busy with trials. He wants to cry rainbows

PerfectByNature

I am Jack's wasted life
HSC
glitterfairy said:
Lynn agrees that one should always be prepared to hear criticism in the artistic world. And you should believe her, because she has heard some pretty nasty stuff in the dance world ;)

HOWEVER - as intelligent, mature individuals, Lynn feels that we are able to *constructively* criticise other works when we feel the need to. Not only is this a more objective viewpoint to speak from, but something constructive/positive has a much better chance of being taken on board (which is the aim of the game, yes?). Lynn knows the frustration of wanting to vent something you can't say, but she is also very aware that pointless venting often does little except to hurt someone (oh, Lynn also wishes she took her own advice more often! grrr!). The more people who give constructive criticism, the better - she knows how painful a "You suck, you're not good enough, get out of here!" is.

Other news: Lynn has recently come home from her singing concert and would like to tell everyone her hair is still curly :) It's pweeeety and fun to play with!
yeah, Alex agrees... ill try to be nicer... im used to Beta-ing fanfics, and some of those writers are truly awful... lol
its true though...

PerfectByNature

I am Jack's wasted life
HSC
Hello Thomas... Alex didnt know 400 miles' name was Thomas... HELLOO!!!!!!!!!!
Alex wishes people would come on more often so she could have a good hard chat with someone sane... eveyone at her school is weird....

PerfectByNature

I am Jack's wasted life
HSC
Alex replies that it is because Jarred smells like a rather pungent fish that has been lying in the sun for about a week

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
400miles said:
Thomas welcomes himself back to the thread.
Evan decides to rename you the Three-In-One, hello Three-In-One! *waves*, Evan now returns to his studies. Bye!

skyby

HSC
walks in and looks arund... hmmm its gostly quiet here

looks around the place while no one is here......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)