IMPORTANT - Youth Decide... (2 Viewers)

HSC
N/A
That site is moronic. It is biased to the max.

How about some real solutions, such investment into:

- Nuclear Technology: Some ribbons being cut on new nuclear power plant launches, mining and research
- High-capacity batteries; Electric cars which will run off clean nuclear energy.
- Bio-degradable material development: so we can fully phase out plastic bags.
- Energy-efficient desalination
- Import some foreign knowledge from France and other countries who are a bit more up-to-date.

Wait, no, that's hard and real work. Let's complain instead, use some smart words like "green initiatives", throw some money around to print leaflets and brochures / make websites to raise awareness, and complain again.
oh wow shit m8 i never knew anything about any of those

THANKS 4 TEH INFORetc

Jaylee42003

HSC
Who cares what Australia does, we have very little impact on whats going to happen anyway. We could all start living in mud huts and completely do away with cars and modern technology, we wouldnt even reduce global carbon emissions by 1%, it would be completely unnoticeable.

Likewise we could each own 20 large 4wd and run them non stop for a year, we still wouldnt even equal americas carbon emissions per day. What Australia decides to do will have very little impact on the end result, I saw we tentatively support other countries to reduce their emissions, but plan as if they wont.
First of all, Australia should be leading by example. Second, so what if it's less than 1%: at least it's something. Third, <refer to bold writing> what. the. fuck. ? How does -that- work? And what purpose would that serve?Supporting countries that are cutting their emissions, but be lazy hypocrits and say 'oh, but we can't make a difference anyway, so what the hell'. :confused:

P.S. Voted for the dead fishy world lol

Last edited:
HSC
First of all, Australia should be leading by example. Second, so what if it's less than 1%: at least it's something.
So true. Australia should be at the forefront of this issue, as a developed nation, we are part of a group which emits the most greenhouse gases, yet will be affected the least due to wealth. Although Australia may 'only' contribute 1%, climate change is an issue for which we need to look beyond ourselves as a nation and realise that this is a world issue, every little bit counts.

John McCain

Horse liberty
HSC
N/A
The results are in! And they're pretty incredible...

Here's a snapshot of Youth Decide results.

- 330 local voting events
- 37,432 votes
- 91.5% voted for world three - 40+ emissions reduction targets
- 5.9% voted for world two - 25 - 40% emissions reduction targets
- 2.5% voted for world one - Government's current emissions reduction target of 4-24%

Planck

Banned
HSC
N/A
Global warming isn't a lie but the idiotic responses to it are a total scam.

emmilt

HSC
youth decide =biased

EDIT: I posted this to make people aware of it, so that those who are interested can do something further. I know it's biased but no-one's forcing you to vote.[/quote]

i think that this is the most biased survey EVER ... sure it is great that people are raising awareness about certain situation and it is great that so many kids are getting involved but OH MY GOSH if you havnt read the survey it shows you three worlds, world 1 : the great barrier reef is destroyed blah blah blah.. world 2: up to ten million people affected by coastal flooding each year and world 3: the impacts from world 1 and 2 are avoided economic impacts on climate change are reduced significantly and everyone lives with pixies and fairies.... i mean SERIOUSLY they give you no reason why the government may have chosen world 1 and not world three

here is a question what are the negative impacts on world three how much money would this cost us and how many people would not be able to afford what we are suggesting even the currrent 15% reduce in emmisions costs us more money.... i have been searching the internet forever to find a outlet for people that have a problem with this website and it is extremely hard..
i am a fourteen year old girl and i wish to get my opinion across that this survey is the most stupid biased survey.. the website was written by people who want to share their opiniong and just to make a point across they try to brainwash millions of children around australia by granted they do write some facts but NOT ALL THE FACTS ......

have a lovely day =)
xoxoemily:)

badquinton304

HSC
Re: youth decide =biased

EDIT: I posted this to make people aware of it, so that those who are interested can do something further. I know it's biased but no-one's forcing you to vote.

i think that this is the most biased survey EVER ... sure it is great that people are raising awareness about certain situation and it is great that so many kids are getting involved but OH MY GOSH if you havnt read the survey it shows you three worlds, world 1 : the great barrier reef is destroyed blah blah blah.. world 2: up to ten million people affected by coastal flooding each year and world 3: the impacts from world 1 and 2 are avoided economic impacts on climate change are reduced significantly and everyone lives with pixies and fairies.... i mean SERIOUSLY they give you no reason why the government may have chosen world 1 and not world three

here is a question what are the negative impacts on world three how much money would this cost us and how many people would not be able to afford what we are suggesting even the currrent 15% reduce in emmisions costs us more money.... i have been searching the internet forever to find a outlet for people that have a problem with this website and it is extremely hard..
i am a fourteen year old girl and i wish to get my opinion across that this survey is the most stupid biased survey.. the website was written by people who want to share their opiniong and just to make a point across they try to brainwash millions of children around australia by granted they do write some facts but NOT ALL THE FACTS ......

have a lovely day =)
xoxoemily:)
WTF am I reading?

On a more serious note, this shit is gold.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)