• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Improving my handwriting (1 Viewer)

R

randhi

i had the same problem last term all my teachers told me how shocking my writing was and it cost me alot of marks, so anyhow what i basically did was i switched my pen those Bic crystal pens and at first you write slower to get use to it and slowly get faster. oh and reward yourself everytime you can read it, i mean i don't write so its complete neat but to the point its readable. anyway good luck!!

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
i print if i have time and am writing something out as it is more legible. handwriting is hard to improve but just practice. work out what letters are hard to read in your writing ( e.g. maybe your u;s look wrong) then find someone with neat writing and copy there letter. lol do this for all the letters of yours that are bad

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
im a slow messy writer.. for the HSC.. i just did subjects where there was lil writing :p

but i got told off very often.. by multiple teachers and uni lecturers.. most important thing is the ideas.. and slight legibility.. and also i recall i could never read their writing either :)

or lastly.. find a career that bad writing is essential :D

Kultemkampf

HSC
L_RES88 said:
Buy a stencil or get one of those books which make u write over the dotted lines.

or write "go pats" if bernie is marking it.
Go Pats. Is this a serious problem Daz, your handwriting is better than everyone elses.

And Darren i'd like to add that res dog will be getting dux next year so quit now

kpq_sniper017

L_RES88 said:
Buy a stencil or get one of those books which make u write over the dotted lines.

or write "go pats" if bernie is marking it.
who's bernie? and "pats"?

where do u get the stencisl from?

kpq_sniper017

Kultemkampf said:
Go Pats. Is this a serious problem Daz, your handwriting is better than everyone elses.

And Darren i'd like to add that res dog will be getting dux next year so quit now
fu*k dammit (sorry mods...excuse me)
if ur gonna post useless posts than rnt gonna help me, then get lost - ur following me around every bloody thread i post in, and it's really fukin annoying!

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
Parker pens are good, however they are quite heavy. That can be a good thing and a bad thing... good is that because it's heavier you'll write slower which means it might be neater, bad is that it's going to make your hand a lot more sore a lot quicker!

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
I'm a pretty messy writer, but I tend to write neater with fine pens for some reason, so try that

L_RES88

HSC
N/A
pcx_demolition017 said:
who's bernie? and "pats"?

where do u get the stencisl from?
ask kulterkampf he seems to know all the answers

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Pen license? I thought that was just some lame thing my primary school had!

Needless to say, I was last to get one.

I still use pencil, though.

J

jhakka

pcx_demolition017 said:
my handwriting is "messy and not very readable" according to my english teacher. i really need to improve it before the hsc next year. i've started trying to correct it, but what can i do to improve it? the worst thing would be if i went into the exam and had bad handwriting, and lost marks for it. luckily i've still done pretty well at school, but i'm just afraid that hsc examiners will be "stricter" when it comes to legible handwriting.
Just do what my brother does and write in various fonts. :p

kylie_robbo

Yeah... in my exams I am constantly changing pens (between blue and black and different brands) and my font... one question will be long and stretched out, and the next will be small and bunched up.

Ah well... it isn't as bad as it used to be... I can now read my writing atleast.

funniboi

HSC
Slide Rule said:
Pen license? I thought that was just some lame thing my primary school had!

Needless to say, I was last to get one.

I still use pencil, though.

yeh, i was referring to primary years. =)
hahaa, i never got 1 -- and yeah, i still use pencil most of the time

considering i have 1 book for all my subjects
and that book aint even half used.

*sigh* year12 is such a bludge for me. no wonder i'm failing.

kpq_sniper017

L_RES88 said:
ask kulterkampf he seems to know all the answers
and who in da hell is this kultekamp guy?
hes been posting in all of my damn threads. bos is meant to be for learning, not annoying the hell out of people.

coroneos

HSC markers haf 2 make every attempt to read ure writing no matter how shat it is.. so no worriez la.

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC
tomorrows_angel said:
Parker pens are good, however they are quite heavy. That can be a good thing and a bad thing... good is that because it's heavier you'll write slower which means it might be neater, bad is that it's going to make your hand a lot more sore a lot quicker!
i dont have a problem with speed, if anything its actually quicker because u only have to touch the paper very lightly

HSC
My handwriting is shitty, I'm a lefty. If i concentrate and take my time, I can make it neat for taking down notes, and still at a pretty good speed. In exams, I don't give a shit, I start off ok, and at the middle and rest of the way it becomes so bad that I cannot even read it myself when i get it back :p....My teachers are kool, they would be the best decrypters of hyrogliphics or watever they are :p

EskimoPunk

HSC
I've seen samples of Band 5/6 HSC responses and the handwriting is absolutely shocking. So don't worry, it's probably just your English teacher who's stupid and anal retentive about stupid things like handwriting.

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
handwriting is really annoying- to think that it plays a role (no matter how small) in determining your marks for any given assessment.

i mean i have shitty handwriting and i can only write 4 pages in an hour, compared to other ppl who can write 8 in the same time... the xtra amount of info they write helps them get a better mark (if its all right- which it usually is).

but then again dont ask me- theres no food in the house and ive been eating crunchies- too much sugar in the old circulation system.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)