in a bad state :( (1 Viewer)

LightXT

HSC
Uni Grad
I used to be on the shit list (bottom 25% of my year). Then I got my ATAR and no one cared that I used to be on the shit list.

Kingportable

HSC
Those sentences just say that you don't have a full concept of the HSC and University admission. What course do you even want to do and at what school? 98+ is a very high ATAR, why do you even need that? You have a lot of difficult classes, did you even know that so many people have gotten the high ATARS required for the harder courses in UNI without those class that Universities are complaining? The smartest (therefore naturally smart) students will be at chemistry, physics, ENA and maths. Did you know you have a 5 year window after the HSC to edit your ATAR by only re-taking some of your courses. Did you know most pre-requisites have been taken down? Courses usually just have recommendations.

Magical Kebab

HSC
thanks guys, the guy who scored the highest mark joined late and i taught him everything, then he ended up beating me. So yeah, being the nice guy sucks.

Thanks and good luck to you all.

Nooblet94

Premium Member
HSC
First of all, if the highest mark was 32, you've got nothing to worry about.

Secondly, even if everyone else was getting 40's it's easy to turn around and improve. Throughout year 7-10 I was averaging somewhere between 50 and 60 for maths and high 70s for basically everything else. I pulled my shit together over the year 10/11 school holidays and now I'm first in Extension 1 and 2 maths (out of around 100 and 70 people respectively) and physics. I know lots of other people that have done similar things. You'd be surprised how easy it is to improve once you actually put your mind to it.

nightweaver066

HSC
Go through your errors on the test. Your mistakes are lessons to never make them again.

avhead

no-hope fighter pilot l0l
Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
HSC
There's no point being depressed about it and dwelling upon your past. Instead, be optimistic, and try and not let it happen again and LEARN FROM YOUR MISTAKES, and even if it does, it's Prelim dude, this is the year to make mistakes and learn from them. :)
I'm sure you'll probably destroy the next test considering your work ethic!

delian

HSC
N/A
Learn from mistakes you make in prelim.
Don't give up. I screwed up a few assessments even in yr 12 but I persevered, and well it paid off.

ShaxBOS

HSC
Suck my dick OP, I got 5/45 in 2U (srs) and I don't even care LOL.

But seriously, you should move on and try to do better, it's only year 11 for god's sake.

Last edited:

ShaxBOS

HSC
I used to be on the shit list (bottom 25% of my year). Then I got my ATAR and no one cared that I used to be on the shit list.
That's fucking inspiring considering your mark, but then again...the bottom 25% of sbhs is like..what? A 80% average lol?

IamBread

HSC
yes, title explains it.
I have been studying quite a lot and expect to get quite high marks. Last week, i received my 3unit mark back for circle geometry and i received a 23/50. Im currently entering depression and am really confused on how this happened.
If u do realise my atar aim, its quite obvious this is impossible for me.

any advice would be appreciated, i suck.
It's year 11. Don't worry about it. Year 12 is what matters. Year 12 is very different to year 11. I didn't do very well in year 11. Learn from your mistakes, don't worry about them. "Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." Use these results, see where you went wrong. See where you can improve and look for relationships you may not have seen before. Year 11, it's the time to make mistakes.

IamBread

HSC
Haha I was the same. In year 11 I came no where. When I decided I wanted to do 4u maths, I had teachers telling me I shouldn't because I'd fail etc etc. But in the end I got E4 in maths. Granted, I didn't go to a good school, but my marks were far beyond what the school would have expected at the end of year 11.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
thanks guys, the guy who scored the highest mark joined late and i taught him everything, then he ended up beating me. So yeah, being the nice guy sucks.

Thanks and good luck to you all.
You're lucky this happened in prelim. This happened to me in year 12 4unit

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Bottom 25% probably means an ATAR of less than 90.
:/

@op: Note: Studying =/= Success
Exam Technique + Studying + Hardwork + a tiny bit of Luck + Balance = Success

Don't worry man it happens to everyone, in terms of disappointment from bad results, (happened to me as well a few weeks ago), so just forget about it and move on. Find a bit of motivation and various strategies, mine is to focus more on upcoming assignments/assessments/class tasks rather than making notes for prospect exams earlier on as notes can come later.

delian

HSC
N/A
It's year 11. Don't worry about it. Year 12 is what matters. Year 12 is very different to year 11. I didn't do very well in year 11. Learn from your mistakes, don't worry about them. "Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." Use these results, see where you went wrong. See where you can improve and look for relationships you may not have seen before. Year 11, it's the time to make mistakes.
+1. ONLY yr 12 really counts.

dr cookie

HSC
hey hey

don't worry about it!! task 1 of 2012 of course you'd need some warming up! just stay positive and know that we all have some bad days and that day might just have been one. just be thankful it wasn't your HSC!!! :D

ellie95

HSC
N/A
yes, title explains it.
I have been studying quite a lot and expect to get quite high marks. Last week, i received my 3unit mark back for circle geometry and i received a 23/50. Im currently entering depression and am really confused on how this happened.
If u do realise my atar aim, its quite obvious this is impossible for me.

any advice would be appreciated, i suck.
This is exactly me in maths. I know how to answer the questions and i been studying a lot recently and i have only been getting 60's. I am stressing out and my confidence level is 0. I dont know how to fix these either :(

Do you think that we can improve in the hsc course?

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
I got a B8 in the SC Internal results (got like low 90s As for Half Yearly and Yearly of Year 10 yet got a B8 for 10.3)

My topic test results for 2U + 3U combined so far:
Basic Algebra (Algebra, Surds, Quadratics, Quadratic Inequalities, Simultaneous Equations, Absolute Value equations etc.) - 39/39 - 100%
Functions + Plane Geometry - 42/45 - 93%

Looks good for now but watch, by the time I do a circle geometry test like you did, I'll get 30% or something (no joke).....
It's obviously because circle geometry is a hard topic... In fact, I hate geometry so bad... I'm just plain bad at it...
I reckon that if you did a topic test on something like basic algebra, functions or trigonometry (the typical schedule for Term 1 of Year 11) you'd get 85%+ easy...

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)