In HSC and I don't know much chemistry. Best textbook? (1 Viewer)

Olevelswerebetter

HSC
So I joined the school late in year 11 midway from abroad and took chemistry as one of my subjects thinking I could do it (I'd never done chemistry before). A few weeks after the hsc year began I realised there was no way in hell I could do this and went to the deputy to change my subject, but to my shock and horror you can't change subjects once hsc begins. I'm stuck learning chemistry now it seems.
So does anyone know how the best textbook, related materials or study methods for this subject if you only have very little prelim knowledge? (I know module 1 mostly of prelim but not the rest.)

Sent from my LG-H818 using Tapatalk

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Conquering Chemistry is pretty good but you can also study and use state rank notes/resources off here to formulate your own notes and catch up. The notes would be useful since they have relevant content which can help you learn it quicker since you're behind.

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
Watch the letslearnscience videos on Youtube

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
These resources on paper or digital can help to a certain extent, but given you are struggling so intensely with chemistry, you should actually consider seriously seeking the help of a tutor who can intensively work with you over the summer break, identify your weaknesses and target the relevant prelim knowledge you are lacking-or at least areas of concerns in the HSC right now. This is actually going to be the most time-effective and cost-effective (in terms of costing your results if you don't develop a good understanding very soon and your enjoyment of chemistry) to ensure you don't let chemistry drag your ATAR down.

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
These resources on paper or digital can help to a certain extent, but given you are struggling so intensely with chemistry, you should actually consider seriously seeking the help of a tutor who can intensively work with you over the summer break, identify your weaknesses and target the relevant prelim knowledge you are lacking-or at least areas of concerns in the HSC right now. This is actually going to be the most time-effective and cost-effective (in terms of costing your results if you don't develop a good understanding very soon and your enjoyment of chemistry) to ensure you don't let chemistry drag your ATAR down.
If you can afford it, do this quickly. You have no time to waste. A good 1-on-1 tutor can greatly help you.

Or, at least, get a good Chemistry student you know to help you.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)