in "lamb" :| (2 Viewers)

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Boxes said:
what i don't understand is who are these posters actually advertising? as in, which company? it seems to just be advertising the greatness of lamb, rather than the greatness of a company that slaughters lamb.
It's Meat and Livestock Australia doing the advertising.

Pace_T

HSC
people who choose to be vegetarians choose to be in the minority
and people who choose to be in the minority should fuck off

thx bai bai

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Does it matter?

The point of the ad is to get you eating lamb.

evche

HSC
scarybunny said:
Does it matter?

The point of the ad is to get you eating lamb.
but my morals say otherwise!
get me now?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
You are not the target audience of the ad, therefore they have not made a net loss by your being offended.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
evche said:
but my morals say otherwise!
get me now?
lol if we were not supposed to eat animals they would not have been made out of such delicious food

and it's just a picture. do you go to woolies and cry because there are slabs of meat in the deli hanging up for you to see?

bawd

HSC
The stupid 'Lamb' adverts are the most retarded adverts I've ever seen, mainly because I don't understand them.

Don't like lamb, has this sort of prickly hairy feeling on my tongue.

Spit roast Deer, on the other hand is awesome. :)

evche

HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
lol if we were not supposed to eat animals they would not have been made out of such delicious food

and it's just a picture. do you go to woolies and cry because there are slabs of meat in the deli hanging up for you to see?
i dont like seeing it, but no haha
but i guess, the idea of it being thrust in my face in a place where it isnt usually advertised (outside a food vending area) isnt very appealing.

evche

HSC
ok, now this is starting to piss me off.
i have said thise forum is not about me changing peoples idea about meat. im asking for peoples opinions, "try walking in anothers shoes" type of way.
there is also two different levels on which this poster can be offensive, not just from my specific perspective.
but why when someone mentions being vegetarian, do meat eaters suddenly seem to become offended,
and self righteous and argue against their choices? "why dont you eat meat, oh my god etc."
no-one asks this of people who prefer the same sex, or follow christianity. in the end what i choose is my business, and is not the topic of this forum, so lets leave that out.

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
evche said:

haha that's clever. i love it

where in hurstville is it? i sometimes go into hurstville after school and i haven't seen it

i love lamb. a rare rack of lamb mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

bawd said:
Spit roast Deer, on the other hand is awesome. :)

i had dried deer in finland last year. must say was interesting. still prefer lamb

zeam

HSC
N/A
evche said:
i have said thise forum is not about me changing peoples idea about meat. im asking for peoples opinions, "try walking in anothers shoes" type of way.
there is also two different levels on which this poster can be offensive, not just from my specific perspective.
but why when someone mentions being vegetarian, do meat eaters suddenly seem to become offended,
and self righteous and argue against their choices? "why dont you eat meat, oh my god etc."
no-one asks this of people who prefer the same sex, or follow christianity. in the end what i choose is my business, and is not the topic of this forum, so lets leave that out.
Ok, fine choose your own business, but you do not trying to make people change things, like a billboard, because you find it offensive. any society that cater to the minority is sure to be doomed.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
evche said:
Fair enough but because the reason you find it offensive IS your personal choice not to eat meat, it's going to come up. I can understand why you don't like the poster but at the same time considering you aren't the target audience and the ad isn't setting out to offend anyone (just proclaim the brilliance of lamb), I can't agree that it's over the top, that's all.

I sure don't get offended by that ad where the little boy makes the person out of vegetables :confused:

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
evche said:
I think the meat councils spring time advertising for lamb is definitely crossing the line. i was in Hurstville Westfields yesterday, and saw giant banners saying "lamb is in the air" with two lamb chops together in the shape of a love heart.
As a vegetarian, i would rather not see hunks of meat hanging in front of me when i walk through the shopping center. I think its fair enough to be offended, especially when they are still viewable when i eat lunch at the food court.
on another level, i find the notion of "love" and "death" put together so deliberately ridiculous.

anyone agree?
The idea of a free society is that you can express yourself, even if it pisses someone else off.

evche

HSC
they are in the big open area in front of the cinema's.

i think you may have won me over with that comment... i never thought I'd admit defeat on an Internet argument haha, but its only because i realised that I'm being a hypocrite by complaining, as i hate that bullshit politically correct shit.

... still really really hate that ad though.

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
evche said:
they are in the big open area in front of the cinema's.

i think you may have won me over with that comment... i never thought I'd admit defeat on an Internet argument haha, but its only because i realised that I'm being a hypocrite by complaining, as i hate that bullshit politically correct shit.

... still really really hate that ad though.
how can you hate it??
it's so cute!
and tasty!
delicious yum

had hurricanes a couple of nights ago
lots of lamb there
yumyummyummyumuyyuuummmmm

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Would she get offended if it was an ad showing a person wearing a leather jacket?

madsam

God among men
HSC
evche said:
i know it sounds silly, but there is ethics that should go along with advertising.
dude, get realistic, there are no ethics in advertising. Just government laws and regulations. Advertisers will do anything that will sell their product, and this ad is barely offensive, its merely meat advertisers advertising meat, through an example of what can be done with it eg chops

In summary: Man up, cockfag

AGF91

HSC
Ahh, the great food chain of life! Wouldn't vegetarians love it if sheep had their revenge on people that ate lamb, sorta like the movie, "Black Sheep" hahah! But seriously, vegetarians are pretty strong at heart to be able to avoid eating something we rely living on, prettyy selfless. But you gotta hand it to lamb (btw i'm not vegetarian, i love thy lamb!), you gotta respect the fact that we need em' like any other meat source out there. Its like anything else the only time you truly respect something is when its gone so if we eat and eat and lamb is wiped off the earth, I sure as hell am gonna miss eating em, bit of a condraction ey? :p. I know this is totally off-topic from what were discussing but meh, I feel like ranting!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)