• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

In need of a Practice Essay Question for Richard the third and Looking For Richard! (1 Viewer)

Princess Talie

HSC
As this is the first year in which this topic has been used there are no past papers for me to use. I have emailed my teacers but they have not replied. I am starting to panic and was wandering if anyone out there had a essay question on Richard the Third and Looking for Richard. Any help would be very much appriecated!

petespace

HSC
Re: In need of a Practice Essay Question for Richard the third and Looking For Richar

Its really easy to adapt some of the past HSC papers such as "Transformations" into "exploring connections" because they essentially show how texts have changed to suit different contexts. That's what i did.
However if you're still after a question try this one:

Elective 1: Exploring Connections (20 marks)
(a) Shakespearean drama and Film
'It is how individuals react to the world around them that reveals the most interesting connections between texts.'

Evaluate this opinion in relation to the connections you have made between King
Richard III and Looking for Richard.

hope this helps ;)

zaefr

HSC
Re: In need of a Practice Essay Question for Richard the third and Looking For Richar

1. In comparing your TWO texts you will have become aware of how the contexts of the texts have shaped their form and meaning. Of more interest, perhaps, is a comparison of the values associated with each text.
To what extent has this point of view been your experience in your study of Texts in Time OR Exploring Connections?

2. You have studied two texts composed at different times.
When you compared these texts and their contexts, how was your understanding of each text developed and reshaped?
Answer with reference to your study of Exploring Connections

(b) Drama and Film
When they are considered together, how do Shakespeare’s and Pacino’s representations sustain
interest in humanity and our place in the world?

(b) [FONT=&quot]Prose Fiction and Film [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
3.How does a comparative study of [FONT=&quot]Richard III [/FONT][FONT=&quot]and Looking for Richard [/FONT]bring to the fore ideas about the human nature and our desire for power?
In your response make detailed reference to your TWO prescribed texts.
Others
4. Exploring connections between texts inevitably also brings us to a consideration of how values have changed over time. How has your study of these two texts illuminated both their connectedness and societal change over time?
5. ‘Values that humanity hold in high regard have not changed over time’
Consider this statement in the light of the two texts that you have studied for this module.

6. By considering the connections between texts, we gain an insight into the way values have changed over time.
To what extent is this true of the texts you have studied in this unit?
7. Texts transcend the age in which they are created by reflecting what is constant in human nature.
Explore this idea in relation to the TWO prescribed texts you have studied.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)