Industrial Chemistry. (1 Viewer)

cartoonmaiz

HSC
N/A
How was the option?

What did people get for the equilibrium constant?
I got 2450... a little different from other people.

gayforniall

HSC
Uni Grad
Omg for the modelling the step for the Solvay Process omg. I was like:

"The purification of brine can be modelled in a school laboratory. Calcium ions can be precipitated out with Sodium Carbonate and Magnesium ions can be precipitated out with Sodium Hydroxide. *Insert relevant equations here*"

cookeemonstah

HSC
yes that was bs. Farrr I wish i did something easier like shipwrecks or forensic chem

Automatia

HSC
I did the modelling of an equilibrium for sulphur dioxide to sulphur trioxide. Thoughts?

crazy_paki123

HSC
i got k=0.9 somthing cant remember, although alot of people in my school got different k's :/ thinkk thats the only bit i failed in industrial though, the rest was straightforward

ellie95

HSC
N/A
I got 2500 but someone in my class got 0.9 or something, which is the right answer

freeeeee

HSC
How was the option?

What did people get for the equilibrium constant?
I got 2450... a little different from other people.
I got similar, cant remember exactly now but was like 2000 something. Im pretty sure we are correct.

Zeroes

HSC
I'm proud of myself for succesfully guessing how to produce Oleum cause I'd completely forgotten about that part.

yahey

HSC
I got similar, cant remember exactly now but was like 2000 something. Im pretty sure we are correct.
i dont understand. NO is used to produce O2 and N2, shouldn't we take the reciprocal of the K provided??? Because its not the forward reaction thats happening???

cookeemonstah

HSC
it was at 2000 degress. K was 2450 i think.

i dont understand. NO is used to produce O2 and N2, shouldn't we take the reciprocal of the K provided??? Because its not the forward reaction thats happening???
oh and they gave u the equation for K

The last 7 marker was kinda tricky. ANd the modelling was hard, apparently we were supposed to use the decomposition of nahco3 into h2, n2 and na2co3.

deswa

HSC
Yeah 7 marker was interesting. I talked mainly about the development of soaps and detergents and then wrote just a bit on emulsifiers. I'll lose marks though if they want something concise -> I wrote 3 pages lol because I didn't know how to cut it down further.

For modelling I did decomposition of NaHCO3 and I got k to be 2450 as well

yahey

HSC
it was at 2000 degress. K was 2450 i think.

oh and they gave u the equation for K

The last 7 marker was kinda tricky. ANd the modelling was hard, apparently we were supposed to use the decomposition of nahco3 into h2, n2 and na2co3.
But NO is being used, not produced. Shouldnt the concentration of the products which are H2 and N2 be on the top instead of NO?

louielouiee

louielouielouielouielouie
HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
What was the process, and the gases produced at P and Q?

liz2814

HSC
wasn't Q chlorine gas and P hydrogen gas? that's what I put anyway

simskee

Demon
HSC
The forward reaction was NO producing N2 and O2, so the equilibrium constant is not the reciprocal of the K provided - even the K was given, so i dont understand how people would get it wrong

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)