Information on Accommodation (1 Viewer)

Ishynooshy

HSC
I'm a bit confused at the moment. I accepted my offer at B&G and paid for the deposit, rent etc on Friday morning. I then phoned the office up just to confirm that they've received it and they said everythings been paid for and anticipate my arrival there on the 13th of Feb. I just had a look at the acceptance email again and it says that "your acceptance is not complete until you have finalised payment of the acceptance fees and completed the other forms detailed in the Accommodation Offer Email/Weblink within the timeframe stipulated". Will they really care if I haven't received the residence forms within 48 hours? Besides, some of the questions I can't answer like ANU student number, major subject area....

Davo1111

HSC
N/A
You're into B&G, you've paid the fees and they've accepted your payment. As for the email, was this sent to your before you paid it? Its probably an automated email.

"your acceptance is not complete until you have finalised payment of the acceptance fees and completed the other forms detailed in the Accommodation Offer Email/Weblink within the timeframe stipulated""
just means they actually want you to pay the fees in order to get in. I.e. they dont want you rocking up on day one (without paying the fees) with the email saying you've been accepted.

Charlessunstrum

HSC
I'm also being considered for fenner and I didn't have it as a preference... It's self catered right..? Herein lies the problem. I cannot cook anything at all. Nothing. Also, according to google maps it seems like a bit of a trek from fenner to the law building.
I'm thinking I might become malnourished and develop bow-legs from all the walking.

But it's actually probably a really good thing right? I'll get fit and learn to cook :)

Sammy-Blue

HSC
There's a free bus between Fenner and ANU. Can't remember exactly how frequent. Cooking is easy, don't worry about it.

Epic

HSC
I emailed the accommodation management and they said that we should find out about our accommodation arrangements by the end of the week.

John555

HSC
I emailed the accommodation management and they said that we should find out about our accommodation arrangements by the end of the week.
Thats good, gives me more time to sort out my finances/options etc.

Lovmysr

HSC
What / when is this?
I got a letter in the mail from them today. I was hoping for some enrollment info but instead got invited to the Sydney Pre-Departure Information Evening. It's on the 1st of Feb (monday) at Rydges World Square (389 Pitt Street). It's just an hour and a half (6pm - 7:30pm) and you can bring one guest. Need to RSVP by thursday.

In the letter they say it will include brief presentations and informal discussions with the director of university counselling and health centres as well as the director of uni accom. Reps of the colleges/halls will be present too.

If you don't get the letter you can ask for more info, but check your mail box - its probably sitting there. =D

Epic

HSC
Oh ok thanks. I live a long distance from any city so mail usually takes a couple more days to get here. Probably won't be going anyway, dosn't seem important enough to fly down for lol.

gingerwitch28

HSC
Goodo. Currently overseas and sitting here, checking accom portal/email whenever I can, and panicking in the meanwhile. I have to rely on my brother to do everything for me. Very stressful, but I'm glad there's a timeframe. And geez, I'd be freaking out if it weren't for this website, it's great that we can all share info.

ah.sport

HSC
N/A
I got a letter in the mail from them today. I was hoping for some enrollment info but instead got invited to the Sydney Pre-Departure Information Evening. It's on the 1st of Feb (monday) at Rydges World Square (389 Pitt Street). It's just an hour and a half (6pm - 7:30pm) and you can bring one guest. Need to RSVP by thursday.

In the letter they say it will include brief presentations and informal discussions with the director of university counselling and health centres as well as the director of uni accom. Reps of the colleges/halls will be present too.

If you don't get the letter you can ask for more info, but check your mail box - its probably sitting there. =D
'spose i'll be seeing you there.

cricketfan10

HSC
For those unhappy @ being considered for Fenner...don't be. Great place, you'll love it. Although like everyone says it will depend on what you make of it. And this is coming from someone who had a massive bitch at being offered a place there early this yr :D

Deornoth

HSC
For all those unhappy about being considered for Fenner, I advise you should consider yourselves lucky! After being denied a place at Burgmann (my first pref), my accommodation application now reads that I'm being considered for UniLodge! At this point in time I envy all those you may get a place at Fenner!

HiddenDragon

HSC
Well its the 1st of Feb 3:30 and still no offer... Come on i want Fenner!

Im so impatient lol

Deornoth

HSC
I contacted Fenner today and they told me that all spare places had already been given out. But then again, they may have just been trying to get rid of me... :mad:

I hear UniLodge is fairly tight now on spaces as well...

John555

HSC
I haven't got my accommodation offer yet either... Surely tomorrow is the day?

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
I haven't got my accommodation offer yet either... Surely tomorrow is the day?
The UAS website says that if you don't have an offer by today you should advise UAS. Also make sure you've checked spam folders and logged into the accom portal in case it's an email problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)