Information Techonology was a joke... (1 Viewer)

yulec

ilovehim
HSC
The only question i wasnt sure about was Q10

A client has requested a list of users who have accessed a file
which of the following would contain the correct info;

a) Audit trail
b) hacking log
c) version control
d) file permissions

I choose A since I thought it was most correct however its still a bit vague.
my teacher was waiting outside the exam room and the bos people gave her the exam question so she could look at it and she was going through it when we came out and we asked about that question, and she told us that its A so ur answer is correct lol

bouncingfire

HSC
true but would just using common knowledge answers be marked as high as if you would have wrote it as it says on the syllabus?
I guess. I would assume then that the marks for the extended responses would separate these 2 groups of people. Most of the short answer questions were direct to the point and dead easy to answer

bouncingfire

HSC
my teacher was waiting outside the exam room and the bos people gave her the exam question so she could look at it and she was going through it when we came out and we asked about that question, and she told us that its A so ur answer is correct lol
Its a stupid question since an audit trail is a generic term referring to any sort paper trail. There is no software or function in windows or os10 called "Audit trail"

bouncingfire

HSC
What did everyone do for question 15?

What would be the most efficient way to conduct a survey from 3000 customers?

a)emails
b) interviews
c) memoranda
d) group meetings

chadyno1

HSC
the amount of band 6's this year will be over 10% surely!!! :tongue:

sherwan

HSC
What about the Generic drivers being replaced by supplied ones from Vector or some shit? Only question that had me stumped.

chadyno1

HSC

a)emails
b) interviews
c) memoranda
d) group meetings
I think it was a) emails!

chadyno1

HSC
It

anyone answer section 3 as a report style??

are we supposed to? because I didn't! :confused:

yulec

ilovehim
HSC

a)emails
b) interviews
c) memoranda
d) group meetings
im pretty sure its A

bouncingfire

HSC
Re: It

Yes our teacher said they have to be in report style. If you look at the HSC sample answers for '01 and '02 they are in reports. Your basically meant to replicate how you would write it if you were in a business situation and you were addressing a client.

sherwan

HSC

It didn't ask to produce a report. The past years usually asked to produce reports/memorandum/agenda's etc. This time it wasn't specific :/

bouncingfire

HSC

On the top is says "Present a Logical and Cohesive response " tbh i find it a lot easier to fulfill this criteria with a report.

You could be correct though as it doesn't specify

bouncingfire

HSC

Also historically Band 6s are very low

2001 0.07%
2002 0.05%
2003 0.65%
2004 1.01%
2005 1.34%
2006 1.15%
2007 1.81%
2008 1.46%
2009 1.02%
2010 1.74%

Percentage is gradually increasing however It's interesting that its so varied. The percentage for standard English band 6s is always around .02%.

So maybe the exam paper has been made easier to try and increase this percentage? Even so it doesn't make sense though since I thought the aligning process is meant to make these figures more consistent?

bouncingfire

HSC

What was the last question from this years IT exam?
define hazard and give example

explain why work environment and ergonomic factors are important considerations in the work place

explain the role of the employer, employee and work cover in minimising these factors(using unsafe equipment, bullying and lack of training)

Gigacube

HSC

define hazard and give example

explain why work environment and ergonomic factors are important considerations in the work place

explain the role of the employer, employee and work cover in minimising these factors(using unsafe equipment, bullying and lack of training)
Wow, I would have expected a harder question for the last question.

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A

woah lol at 2001 band 6s o_O

I just realised that this year there were no spread sheet or database questions or those silly word formatting questions in multiple choice lol asked :D Thank god!!

For the aforementioned multiple choice questions in this thread

The answers were audit trail and emails for the last question.

Also that vendor driver questions was in the syllabus, and I had been tested on it in the trials, so easy, how many points did you guys point for it's benefits? it was 4 marks and they gave you about half a page to write. I did 2 benefits with examples and explanation. I said the user gets more features with vendor drivers, such as editing software designed for specifically for a camcorder and that it improves performance for GPUs / higher resolutions blah blah.

And no, you didn't have to do a report format, I just did it because it's more simpler to suit the question in that format as you can use headings for the different topics and use points, + make a recommendation the end.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)