Information Techonology was a joke... (1 Viewer)

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Re: It

^^ lol, explains how easy this exam was...
I would like to see the diagram, and shaking the computer doesn't seem like a smart option, I would've guessed it would be D, even though I haven't seen it.

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A

I would like to see the diagram, and shaking the computer doesn't seem like a smart option, I would've guessed it would be D, even though I haven't seen it.
There was no diagram. That was it. And D is correct.

nnarsey

Gandhi
HSC

Also historically Band 6s are very low

2001 0.07%
2002 0.05%
2003 0.65%
2004 1.01%
2005 1.34%
2006 1.15%
2007 1.81%
2008 1.46%
2009 1.02%
2010 1.74%

Percentage is gradually increasing however It's interesting that its so varied. The percentage for standard English band 6s is always around .02%.

So maybe the exam paper has been made easier to try and increase this percentage? Even so it doesn't make sense though since I thought the aligning process is meant to make these figures more consistent?
thats probably because not everyone had computers in those days, therefore the learning experience was very limited especially with the limitations of dial-up internet

bouncingfire

HSC

My theory is that the internet has gotten more people interested in computers, the internet has further allowed those people to develop there skills potentially resulting in the higher marks. Most of the skills which are tested in the exam can be learnt easily if someone has a nature interest and talent.

Since the internet was not as prominent or accessible back in the 1990s and early 2000s this has resulted in less people gaining a personal interest in IT.

Ctalke

HSC

I was pointing out the stupid answer not saying I used it hahaah.

x3mattyboii

HSC

WHAT DID EVERYBODY GET FOR Q8 MULTIPLE CHOICE? Is it Real-time?? S:
i was getting caught up between real time and batch since i didnt really know what Dual was and i know it wasnt the last one

bouncingfire

HSC

I thought it was real time. Batch is where a bulk amount of tasks are done at once when a system is idle.

Last edited:

Wight

ಠ_ಠ
HSC

Based on the description they gave you, it should be realtime. One of them was a completely usless answer that had no relevance to anything; batch is, as rick said; the multi-user basically refers to multi-tasking. Real-time seemed to fit the best (Though I don't have the paper on me so I can't clarify).

Edit: Read it in one of the images above...it does not mention any extra processes that need to run simultaneously so it's definitely real time.

Last edited:

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A

WHAT DID EVERYBODY GET FOR Q8 MULTIPLE CHOICE? Is it Real-time?? S:
i was getting caught up between real time and batch since i didnt really know what Dual was and i know it wasnt the last one
Real-time.

chauchihuahua

HSC
there was one question.

6. Which document outlines the core values, philosophy and customer focus of a company?
(A) Code of conduct
(B) Mission statement
(C) Organisational chart
(D) Company objective statement

Gave the question to my teacher and she couldn't answer between B and D.

I answered D because when you outline three points... its three or more sentences.
Mission statement - can not be more than one sentence

:S

yulec

ilovehim
HSC
there was one question.

6. Which document outlines the core values, philosophy and customer focus of a company?
(A) Code of conduct
(B) Mission statement
(C) Organisational chart

I answered D because when you outline three points... its three or more sentences.

it was B

Wight

ಠ_ಠ
HSC
there was one question.

(A) Code of conduct
(B) Mission statement
(C) Organisational chart

If you go to the hsc.csu.edu.au website, and head to the Information Technology section, it defines that mission statement as almost exactly that question (from what I remember anyway...unless that was my own notes :S). So yeah, it was B.

Edit: (from Wikipedia)
Commercial mission statements often include the following information:
1 Purpose and aim(s) of the organization
2 The organization's primary stakeholders: clients/customers, shareholders, congregation, etc.
3 How the organization provides value to these stakeholders, for example by offering specific types of products and/or services
First -> philosophy.
Second -> customer focus
Third -> Core values

Last edited:

Uniqueness

HSC
N/A
OK I see how everyone says it's easy and everything but aren't you all computer geeks anyway? (Apart from the stupid shake the computer ones)

Oh btw was there a lot of OHS crap? My teacher says there's always heaps of them since BOS is lazy and can't be bothered making up proper questions. Were there questions from past papers? Apparently they tend to do that too (my sources are very limited when it comes to IT)

Last question and please don't laugh, is there such thing as 'state rank' for IT?

bouncingfire

HSC
OK I see how everyone says it's easy and everything but aren't you all computer geeks anyway? (Apart from the stupid shake the computer ones)

Oh btw was there a lot of OHS crap? My teacher says there's always heaps of them since BOS is lazy and can't be bothered making up proper questions. Were there questions from past papers? Apparently they tend to do that too (my sources are very limited when it comes to IT)

Last question and please don't laugh, is there such thing as 'state rank' for IT?
The technical questions are very basic, you dont have to be a geek to do well in it. Just listen in class.

There was very little OHS this year however as you said they tend to throw it in a lot so be prepared for it.

The person who comes first in the exam gets a rank, i'm not sure about any others.

Uniqueness

HSC
N/A
The technical questions are very basic, you dont have to be a geek to do well in it. Just listen in class.

There was very little OHS this year however as you said they tend to throw it in a lot so be prepared for it.

The person who comes first in the exam gets a rank, i'm not sure about any others.
I just meant it's easier for technical people, if that makes any sense. I think OHS is common sense so hopefully there will be more of that during my HSC xD

You missed a question: "Were there questions from past papers?"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)