Integration Material (1 Viewer)

dhwanit2005

HSC
Hi,

I am doing 4u maths, so advanced maths it not going to be assessed for me. However, I am new to integration so I started doing 2u integration from the Cambridge Maths book, however the questions are very similar and not that challenging. So if anyone has any harder worksheets for 2u integration, could you please share them with me. Also how should I do the 2u book so I can get a maximal output?

Thanks in advance

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
Hi,

I am doing 4u maths, so advanced maths it not going to be assessed for me. However, I am new to integration so I started doing 2u integration from the Cambridge Maths book, however the questions are very similar and not that challenging. So if anyone has any harder worksheets for 2u integration, could you please share them with me. Also how should I do the 2u book so I can get a maximal output?

Thanks in advance
Honestly, I just did 4u+3u integration first and it was learnable. The only thing you learn in 2u integration not explicitly in 3u/4u is that integration can be considered as the area under the curves, using area formula to calculate these areas etc. i.e basic/intuitive stuff. Do 2u integration first if you want."

I barely used the 2u book if not at all in Year 12. The only thing worth learning in the 2u book is Series/Sequences since that occurs again in MX1/MX2 in certain types of problem e.g complex numbers (4u), Induction (3u/4u). Other than that, perhaps 2u statistics for ensuring you're up to date with the fundamentals?

Focus more on doing the 3u/4u book and learning 3u/4u concepts since they will be more relevant for you.

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
Hi,

Thanks in advance
If you’re doing 4u and find that it’s not that challenging, just do the enrichment questions , they are the hardest it’s going to get in that book. Try look at past papers from James Ruse and the like, I’d think they would have the harder questions as well

Etho_x

HSC
N/A
Hi,

Thanks in advance
Hey,

The Cambridge book is designed to have lengthy and (sometimes) repetitive exercises, but with enough questions to leave aside some for review. If you feel as though you are confident with understanding the integration concepts just from the examples alone, select a few of the “development” questions or the enrichment questions to do as opposed to completing the whole exercise. Don’t skip 2U integration imo since it provides a solid foundation for 3U and 4U integration. I’d also do the 2U chapter on Motion.

I unfortunately don’t have any worksheets but otherwise if you’re good with 2U, learn 3U and 4U integration as you will definitely be assessed on these.

In terms of getting the most out of the textbooks, in my opinion contrary to what has been said above, I would still learn all of the 2U concepts, but as I mentioned, you don’t have to do all of the questions. If you are confident with the concepts just from the examples, do a few questions and move onto the next exercise. The reason I say this is because there are always times where NESA may throw students off with harder 2U questions in a 3U paper. It’s rare - but it CAN happen.

Hope that helps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)