• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Internal Marks? (1 Viewer)

awbeyona

HSC
not to that degree, no.

But they will bring ur rank up as much as possible while remaining subtle to maximize your overall hsc and atar score to reflect well on the school.

This is, obviously, just all speculation but from what ive seen so far this seems to be the case

edit:

However, if your ranked 90/100 and ur external is 80/100 (in the cohort) they wont bother realiging ranks

its mainly with the top 10 kids

correct! To get a good reputation. Think people!!! Every secondary school teacher knows this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

michaeljennings

HSC
correct! To get a good reputation. Think people!!! Every secondary school teacher knows this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ill admit youre correct when a moderator says so, im not trusting some random person who thinks that someone at baulko can get a 99 when their ranks suck (no offense OP)

themanman

HSC
N/A
So like instead of having people ranked 96,97,98,99 and 100 they just have 6 people ranked 95th to make themselves look better?
no u have both misunderstood (or ive done a pathetic job explaining)

@jess and micheal

take this scenario

Jess is ranked 2nd for internals
Micheal is ranked 3rd for internals

however, in the external exam..

michael comes 2nd and jess 3rd.. the school will change michaels internal rank to 2nd to maximize his overall hsc score to reflect well on the school

however, its usually when there is a larger gap than that

say..

kid 1 comes 10/100
kid 2 comes 22/100

Kid 1 gets the 15th highest ext mark
kid 2 gets the 8th highest

they will swap their internal ranks

thats what some have been speculating

depends on the school.. my school has poor credibility and is very dishonest

jessxxr

HSC
OMG WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU SERIOUSLY, do you know understand that this 'logic' you have presented is as flawed as can be. how are they improving their reputation by replacing someone doing great with someone that is below themm, this person that has been bumped up is probably not going to do as well in exam as the person that they replaced, and so overall internal marks will then be decreased because of them. is this just like a trolling thread or something like wtf.

themanman

HSC
N/A
OMG WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU SERIOUSLY, do you know understand that this 'logic' you have presented is as flawed as can be. how are they improving their reputation by replacing someone doing great with someone that is below themm, this person that has been bumped up is probably not going to do as well in exam as the person that they replaced, and so overall internal marks will then be decreased because of them. is this just like a trolling thread or something like wtf.
you have misunderstood him
they change them AFTER we sit the HSC

not before

awbeyona

HSC

@jess and micheal

take this scenario

michael comes 2nd and jess 3rd.. the school will change michaels internal rank to 2nd to maximize his overall hsc score to reflect well on the school

say..

kid 1 comes 10/100
kid 2 comes 22/100

Thanks for your explanation. I think this happened to me as well. I was third lowest in Chemistry but I think they put me at the top 5 as I came first in my external CHEM.

jessxxr

HSC

@jess and micheal

take this scenario

say..

kid 1 comes 10/100
kid 2 comes 22/100

how is that even possible though!!?? your school sends away your ranks without knowing how people are going to perform, they will not be allowed to change ranks after they find out actual hsc exam marks, that just sounds crazy, as if board of studies would allow that???

michaeljennings

HSC

@jess and micheal

take this scenario

say..

kid 1 comes 10/100
kid 2 comes 22/100

...So basically youre just spreading a rumour?

themanman

HSC
N/A
...So basically youre just spreading a rumour?
for you it may only reside as a rumour

but from whats been going on in my school (which you might be oblivious to in your school) there has been
far too much dishonesty

it has been blatantly obvious and many of the students are pissed off

themanman

HSC
N/A
how is that even possible though!!?? your school sends away your ranks without knowing how people are going to perform, they will not be allowed to change ranks after they find out actual hsc exam marks, that just sounds crazy, as if board of studies would allow that???
they receive our externals before we do

from memory, they have to clarify the ranks

please keep this in mind:

principal told me: "whoever comes first in the externals takes the top internal mark"

at the time i was thinking.. how the fuck does my own principal not know how the system works

after hearing awbeyona out.. and trying to decipher the meaning behind is incoherence

its all clicked in

michaeljennings

HSC
for you it may only reside as a rumour

but from whats been going on in my school (which you might be oblivious to in your school) there has been
far too much dishonesty

it has been blatantly obvious and many of the students are pissed off
please demonstrate some proof then...

tambam

HSC

@jess and micheal

take this scenario

say..

kid 1 comes 10/100
kid 2 comes 22/100

The school only sends marks to the Bos, and this can't be changed after a certain date. Ie. It wouldn't actually be possible to manipulate the school marks after hsc marks come out. The school has access to hsc marks the same day that students receive them.

And half of the stuff being said on this thread is so screwed up.
Your hsc mark depends on your internal mark and your hsc mark. Each are worth 50% and are a reflection of how hard a student has worked in school assessments and the hsc exam. You can't do well in only one and expect to get extremely good marks.

The system Ishtar no means perfect, but it does a pretty good job of making things fair, and just because your school system might be flawed and teachers manipulative, it doesnot make the bos moderation and alignment system bad

awbeyona

HSC
I know it is weird but YES, THEY CAN CHANGE IT. They send our approx. mark in late SEP.. This really happened to me...

enoilgam

HSC
trolling thread or something like wtf.
Agreed. Schools have to submit internal ranks to BOS in mid september so how would they change the ranks? I know, the principals bribe the BOS janitor for access to the computers. This thread is ridiculous

Last edited:

themanman

HSC
N/A
The school only sends marks to the Bos, and this can't be changed after a certain date. Ie. It wouldn't actually be possible to manipulate the school marks after hsc marks come out. The school has access to hsc marks the same day that students receive them.

And half of the stuff being said on this thread is so screwed up.
Your hsc mark depends on your internal mark and your hsc mark. Each are worth 50% and are a reflection of how hard a student has worked in school assessments and the hsc exam. You can't do well in only one and expect to get extremely good marks.

The system Ishtar no means perfect, but it does a pretty good job of making things fair, and just because your school system might be flawed and teachers manipulative, it doesnot make the bos moderation and alignment system bad
thats why i've stated a few times now:

"depends on the credibility of your school"

-- here is some proof:

i was supposed to be ranked 7th in a subject
at the last second the teacher regretted having the guy at 5th place and swapped me with him

he found out upon receiving reports and went apeshit

themanman

HSC
N/A
i thought he was trolling too

but i can see some of the truth in it

it definitely doesn't happen in ALL schools

buts its definitely happened in mine

--- heres more proof

a guy in our school was ranked bottom 10 for most subjects

he did really good in the externals and received dux

now wait..

the guy at first place still did really well.. and wasn't that far behind that guy

when aligning internals and externals.. he still shud have scraped out far on top

a lot of us were repeating "wtf"

Last edited:

tambam

HSC
thats why i've stated a few times now:

"depends on the credibility of your school"

-- here is some proof:

i was supposed to be ranked 7th in a subject
at the last second the teacher regretted having the guy at 5th place and swapped me with him

he found out upon receiving reports and went apeshit
Just because your school is fucked doesn't make the system bad.

jessxxr

HSC
i know it is weird but yes, they can change it. They send our approx. Mark in late sep.. This really happened to me...
omg just listen though ffs, pretty sure its impossible to change internal ranks after people sit hsc exams and plus isn't it going to be blatantly obvious like "oh board of studies, i seemed to have made a mistake in my calculations, the person coming 4th, aka the person that got the highest hsc exam mark, is actually supposed to ranked 1st internally, soz boardd of studies, dodgy calculator, don't blame me.." yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh buddy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)