international commerce UNSW (1 Viewer)

apple-green

HSC
Hi, I'm interested in the International Commerce course at UNSW, but I can't seem to find much information on it other than on the UNSW site. So, I was wondering if anyone is doing it or also interested in the course and knows more about it than I do? =/ Like, the number of people that are accepted, stuff on the course itself etc.

Also, I'd like to know if the course is actually worth doing, or if I'm better off just doing plain commerce ^^''

Thanks in advance for any help!

muzeikchun852

HSC
international commerce = commerce + international studies.

this is a 4 years course and 1 year of compulsory exchange. although the exchange could be funded, it still costs a huge sum of money. as most uni ppl say, international studies is just a higher class of arts course. if u likes the art component more than the commerce, i suggest u to do commerce/art instead, because there is a enormous difference - 108 UOC in commerce/arts and 24 UOC in international commerce. but the cons of the requirement for commerce/arts is another year of ur life in uni.

apple-green

HSC
Thank you for the reply! To be honest, I was mostly interested in continuing japanese studies in uni, so you cleared up a lot of stuff for me :)

Simo91

HSC
You would be better off to actually post this in the UNSW forum as you would get more replies from people who are actually doing the course there and would give their personal opinions.

I know a few people doing Comm (intl), and it seems like the degree where you have to be pretty outgoing and such considering you'll be on exchange for a year. You just have to weigh up personal preference when deciding. You can take the extra year and go on exchange, or you can just do straight commerce. Or, like I have done, use the extra year to do a combined degree (comm/eco, comm/arts, comm/sci etc).

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
Hi, I'm interested in the International Commerce course at UNSW, but I can't seem to find much information on it other than on the UNSW site. So, I was wondering if anyone is doing it or also interested in the course and knows more about it than I do? =/ Like, the number of people that are accepted, stuff on the course itself etc.

Also, I'd like to know if the course is actually worth doing, or if I'm better off just doing plain commerce ^^''

Thanks in advance for any help!
To be honest, unless you have a cadetship or something, I think doing commerce by itself is useless. I think Commerce (International) is worth doing. Numbers of students enrolled in the course are quite low though.

apple-green

HSC
You would be better off to actually post this in the UNSW forum as you would get more replies from people who are actually doing the course there and would give their personal opinions.

I know a few people doing Comm (intl), and it seems like the degree where you have to be pretty outgoing and such considering you'll be on exchange for a year. You just have to weigh up personal preference when deciding. You can take the extra year and go on exchange, or you can just do straight commerce. Or, like I have done, use the extra year to do a combined degree (comm/eco, comm/arts, comm/sci etc).
Thanks, I never realised there was a UNSW forum here ><

Just one more thing, if this makes any sense, would you happen to know which would be considered a 'stronger' degree - Commerce (International) or Commerce/Arts?

muzeikchun852

HSC
Thanks, I never realised there was a UNSW forum here ><

Just one more thing, if this makes any sense, would you happen to know which would be considered a 'stronger' degree - Commerce (International) or Commerce/Arts?
commerce/arts. because it's two seperate degrees.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)