International Rules (1 Viewer)

hazaar

Greenie
HSC
International rules- a mix of AFL and Gaelic Football.

What do you think of the hybrid game and the two game series between Australia and Ireland?

sweet_as

Is with all of my people
HSC
the game is ok to watch for a laugh - and can get pretty exciting to. Hopefully noone gets injured though.

last year was the best with the bitchy Irish whinging about tackling and Chris Johnson taking that Irish guy's head off lolz

BlackDragon

HSC
exactly. aussie rules plus gaelic football. as in, australia plays afl and ireland plays gaelic football so they combined the two so the two nations could compete.

the hybrid game suits ireland in alot of ways. but i find it interesting to watch.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
realise how australia is only good at things not many countries play? cricket, rugby... but when it comes to international rules, it's just so screwed up that only 2 countries bother with it. i dont even know why theres a thread dedicated to it, and why i am even writing in it.

sweet_as

Is with all of my people
HSC
The reason that only two countries bother with it, is that the game was invented to be played by only two countries - that is Australia and Ireland - combining their two native sports.

It's not fucking rocket science.

is2SWaNz

HSC
The Irish are at it again. Complaining that it was too rough...

Just like last year. Anyways, i don't like this hybrid game. I don't get excited, and its scary 'cos when there is footy, i get really excited.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
is2SWaNz said:
The Irish are at it again. Complaining that it was too rough...

Just like last year. Anyways, i don't like this hybrid game. I don't get excited, and its scary 'cos when there is footy, i get really excited.
Yeah maybe because the Irish are semi-professionals with day jobs while the AFL thugs get paid to sit in a gym all day. The whole thing's an embarrassment.

sweet_as

Is with all of my people
HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
Yeah maybe because the Irish are semi-professionals with day jobs while the AFL thugs get paid to sit in a gym all day. The whole thing's an embarrassment.
The Irish are actually all amateur - I wouldn't be suprised if the GAA tell the AFL to fuck off over future series.

Anyway the Swans players have picked up no injuries so all is sweet.

Last edited:

davo_

good kid
HSC
Sorry - I don't really like getting into the personal insult scene here; but every post wuddie has ever made has been completely bollocks. Pity there isn't an ignore button.

sweet_as

Is with all of my people
HSC
davo_ said:
Sorry - I don't really like getting into the personal insult scene here; but every post wuddie has ever made has been completely bollocks. Pity there isn't an ignore button.
QFT

Stranger10

HSC
hazaar said:
International rules- a mix of AFL and Gaelic Football.

What do you think of the hybrid game and the two game series between Australia and Ireland?
The game is a farce to say the least. Nobody in their right state of mind particularly cares if we lose, but its always good to get a win no matter the sport.

Considering you have to change basic rules to compete at an international level should say it all really.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
davo_ said:
look buddy, just because you dont agree with it, doesnt mean the remaining 99% of the population is like you. frankly, the fact that you're still posting years after the hsc tells me you're not all the bright, so you're the one who should be ignored.

pity theres no ignore botton...

davo_

good kid
HSC
wuddie said:
look buddy, just because you dont agree with it, doesnt mean the remaining 99% of the population is like you. frankly, the fact that you're still posting years after the hsc tells me you're not all the bright, so you're the one who should be ignored.

pity theres no ignore botton...
I think you just proved my point there champ. Your argument there has not substance or backing; putting it bluntly: you are an idiot.

BlackDragon

HSC
wuddie said:
realise how australia is only good at things not many countries play? cricket, rugby... but when it comes to international rules, it's just so screwed up that only 2 countries bother with it. i dont even know why theres a thread dedicated to it, and why i am even writing in it.
that is so not true it is not funny. cricket is the second most played sport in the entire world you fool! behind football. (soccer).

mass worldwide participation sports atwhich we excel:

Cricket. (Best in the world, world champions)
Swimming. (We sweep the world champs and olympics every single time)
Football. (We're among the top 35 nations of the world. Have many great players in great leagues)
Hockey. (World champions and olympic champions)
Basketball. (Mens: 3rd at the last two olympics) (Womens: Best player in the world and World Champion team)

So uh.. you're wrong.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
try walk into france, germany, the US, canada, etc and ask if anyone knows what cricket is.

theres only 10 regular cricket playing countries around the world, dumbass

Stranger10

HSC
wuddie said:
realise how australia is only good at things not many countries play?
Try telling americans that NFL and Baseball are rubbish sports? Neither of them are huge in the world, but they are symbols of their country.

About the only thing that Australia is really a fair bit behind on is running.

Stranger10

HSC
Did you think of that one yourself?

I hope that wasnt an insight to your life...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)