• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

International studies + Combined Degrees (1 Viewer)

Albeie

HSC
Hi, im just wondering what UTS offers in the international studies courses. I've read booklets and internet stuff but i was wondering if anyone who currently does/has done this course can give some insight? Would you recommend the course or UTS in general. I have alot of friends wanting to go Usyd or UNSW and seem to look down upon UTS as a crap-er uni but im sure its not that way...? Also if anyone would happen to have an insight into the combined degree with law, comments would be greatly appreciated. Finally, if its not too much hassle, can anyone tell me what student life is like at the uni? Thanks in advance to anyone who attempts to answer these questions

Arowana21

HSC
N/A
u want to go to UNSW...lol (cos i go there!!! jks)
But yeh, on a serious note, i sorta do combined, with international studies and commerce.
With international studies, i would reccomend u to look at their websites, and have a look at the exchange partners, and read about the program etc....But personally i would go for UNSW or Usyd for international studies, cos they both have good course structure and since they both are quite good ranked uni in the WORLD, they would have more exchange partners. But i reckon Usyd is slightly better, cos they are partnered with Harvard Uni, but it is only if u do comb law.

With law, as i said b4, if u want both law and Intl studies go for Syd, but if u want JUST law, both are good. I heard UTS is relatively good. But in the resources department both Syd and UNSW is tops.

This may sound a bit bias.....but ultimately it is up to u

panicstation

HSC
Ok, you are mixing up exchange and international studies.An exchange is usually for six months and international studies is usually a whole year away and you are expected to learn a language. AT UTS, you get to choose Spanish, French, German, Japanese, Chinese, Italian and some others.

Student life wherever you choose is what you make of it. If you get involved, any uni you pick is going to be fun.

Just one word of advice. If you are planning to do a combined degree with law and you have no interest in journalism - DO NOT PICK JOURNALISM. It is heaps hard work and although excellent if you love it, as I do, it is too much if you are just using it to fill in your double degree.

Albeie

HSC
What about reputation? Does UTS have a good standing amongst the industry and employers in general?

SSRabbitohs2009

28:06:42:12
HSC
It appears to be extremely popular for International Studies.
And it is also a good reputation for Nursing (the facilities there are supposedly fantastic)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)