Internships 2008/09 (1 Viewer)

havy

HSC
Re: internships 07

wow thats intense...in that case your program has 11 working weeks + 1 week holiday = 12 weeks altogether

stazi

Nightman
HSC

2 weeks of holidays

at least i hope that's what it will be like. i don't see how that's intense - i'll have to work 48 weeks in a year.

havy

HSC

stazi said:
2 weeks of holidays

at least i hope that's what it will be like. i don't see how that's intense - i'll have to work 48 weeks in a year.
a week and a half should be enough - wk2 starts on the 17th, so the wk2 friday will be 21st, your break starts on 22nd, and wk3 starts on the 2nd (wednesday), so the holiday is around 11 days, including wk2 sat and sun plus the whole week after plus 2 days in wk3 (monday and tuesday - 31st and new yr).

well its not really intense...its just that going back to uni right after work finishes is a little rushed. more break is always good, of course getting paid is better:)

Last edited:

havy

HSC

btw, it seems that we are the only ones posting now...wheres everybody? I guess they must be all studying or partying, perhaps i should start some of those study parties too.

stazi

Nightman
HSC

havy said:
a week and a half should be enough - wk2 starts on the 17th, so the wk2 friday will be 21st, your break starts on 22nd, and wk3 starts on the 2nd (wednesday), so the holiday is around 11 days, including wk2 sat and sun plus the whole week after plus 2 days in wk3 (monday and tuesday - 31st and new yr).

well its not really intense...its just that going back to uni right after work finishes is a little rushed. more break is always good, of course getting paid is better:)
i really hope i dont have to return on the 2nd :s i plan on being hungover for a week after new year's.

yeah, going back to uni straight away will be teh gh3y. although i will have an awesome semester 2: only three subjects. plus we have another break after week 3 next semester.

what uni are you at?

havy

HSC

macquarie uni. i think our semester starts on the 25th of feb with 2 wks of mid semester break :) and no stuvac :mad1:

Last edited:

havy

HSC

staz u go to usyd right? wats it like over there?

stazi

Nightman
HSC

usyd is fantastic. great social life, lots of clubs and socieities, great career opportunities, hot chicks

stazi

Nightman
HSC

holy crap this is awesome. <3 commbank. the internship is from the 10th of december to the 15th of february: 10 weeks. 2 of those weeks are during the holiday period, thus I'm not required to work. However, they employ me as a regular employee, thus I get those 2 weeks paid! To add to the sexiness of this, I also accumulate two paid days of leave. Woohoo!

stazi

Nightman
HSC

Got into the next round of P&G !!!! :D

havy

HSC

stazi said:
Got into the next round of P&G !!!! :D
congraz.
btw whens the cba offer deadline? wat will you do with the cba offer if u get the P&G job?

stazi

Nightman
HSC

apparently i can still reneg it after accepting, if i provide two weeks notice. I may wait until Friday arvo and email my contact at Commbank about my conundrum.

stazi

Nightman
HSC

yeah, probably, but oh well. i dont plan on working for commbank in the future. i've got a grad job lined up with Unilever, which is my first preference for grad work, atm, so no biggie.

havy

HSC

so u've already got a grad offer with unilever? then why bother with the internships?

havy

HSC

I guess more experience is always good, should try anything that can further broaden our horizons.

stazi

Nightman
HSC

'basically' got an offer, in that they really want me to work for them and will give me preferential treatment in the process. ive even spoken to their Australian CEO!

i want more work experience, plus money for this coming vacation. i like moneys.

beverly

HSC
N/A

stazi when did they contact you?
I keep getting calls from HR since organising an interview and it seems they're rejuggling things alot. I've already taken an offer elsewhere which pretty much means I will have to deny P&G either way but between getting multiple phone calls from them and getting the impression they've made efforts to give me the time I wanted I'm in two minds on how to let them know now...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)