Interruptions in Exams? (1 Viewer)

k.a.r.i.n.a

HSC
I think my worst nightmare just manifested itself from my subconscious today.
I am, of course, talking about the fire alarm going off during my Maths half-yearlies exam.

I always thought it would be funny if it actually happened. The fire alarm at my school is like ultra-sensitive so is prone to going off at anything, even if some dust got caught in the sensor.

But it's not.

You know why?

Because I was almost finished the exam; we had about half an hour left out of two and a half, and it decided to go off.

And since everyone had to be "evacuated", of course everyone started talking about the exam, and so when we got back we weren't allowed to touch our papers. We had to wait, in complete silence, with nothing to do, for 45 minutes until the Board of Studies actually responded.

Who then said that we had to do another exam next Monday and that this one was void.

Grrrrrrrrrr.

So I was just wondering, have any of you guys ever experienced a major interruption in exams? Especially in the major HSC exams?

:hammer: < that's what I want to do to BOS right now. diediedie. :burn:

k.a.r.i.n.a

HSC
This was at Our Lady of the Sacred Heart College, Kensington. Sydney. And thanks :) I should actually be studying for Maths Ext 1, which is tomorrow... eeep. *hides*

Some April Fool's joke, huh? :bomb:

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
In our year 11 maths exam, someone left their folder open outside and all their papers were blowing around the balconies outside the hall and we could see the whole oval with papers hovering over it.

the girl was so embarrassed bahahaha.

TheFeared

HSC
I was interrupted in my economics essay today. I was writing about the unemployment rate and the nokia ringtone went off and as I was about to start thinking again, it goes off again, and again for a few times which got annoying but sorta funny.

Guesss

HSC
I am, of course, talking about the fire alarm going off during my Maths half-yearlies exam.

I always thought it would be funny if it actually happened. The fire alarm at my school is like ultra-sensitive so is prone to going off at anything, even if some dust got caught in the sensor.

But it's not.

You know why?

Because I was almost finished the exam; we had about half an hour left out of two and a half, and it decided to go off.

And since everyone had to be "evacuated", of course everyone started talking about the exam, and so when we got back we weren't allowed to touch our papers. We had to wait, in complete silence, with nothing to do, for 45 minutes until the Board of Studies actually responded.

Who then said that we had to do another exam next Monday and that this one was void.

Grrrrrrrrrr.

So I was just wondering, have any of you guys ever experienced a major interruption in exams? Especially in the major HSC exams?

lmao theres always evacuations at my skool wen the SC is on! lmao

LordPc

HSC
how come board of studies is involved with your half yearlies?

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A

I would suggest that the school has never experienced this type of situation before and is wary of students' appeals over the results so sought the advice of the BOS to determine how to proceed.

This is the sought of situation that could lead to appeals on a number of levels e.g. the student who believes that someone did better then him/her because of the interruption as they were able to ask someone else a question, or a student believes that they were disadvantaged over the interruption and therefore didn't perform to ability.

Last edited:

kwabon

Banned
HSC

But it's not.

You know why?

Grrrrrrrrrr.

hahahaha wat a coincidence, the fire alarm went of in our school as well, when i was doing maths ext 2 exam, lol and our fire alarm just all of a sudden went off, and yeh the examiners didnt really care, so she let us continue with the exam. bloody oath and it had to go off when i was sketching graphs :eek:

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
hahahaha wat a coincidence, the fire alarm went of in our school as well, when i was doing maths ext 2 exam, lol and our fire alarm just all of a sudden went off, and yeh the examiners didnt really care, so she let us continue with the exam. bloody oath and it had to go off when i was sketching graphs :eek:
Damn that must've sucked :(

k.a.r.i.n.a

HSC
I would suggest that the school has never experienced this type of situation before and is wary of students' appeals over the results so sought the advice of the BOS to determine how to proceed.

This is the sought of situation that could lead to appeals on a number of levels e.g. the student who believes that someone did better then him/her because of the interruption as they were able to ask someone else a question, or a student believes that they were disadvantaged over the interruption and therefore didn't perform to ability.
Yeah. That's pretty much it. Teachers just freaked out, and so they just HAD to consult BOS. Which was stupid because we all knew that they're evil when it comes to exams and it was pretty likely that we'd have to sit the test again. It also sucked for our Maths teachers because they had to rewrite three tests: one for Mathematics, one for Maths Ext 2 and one for General Maths. I feel sorry for them. :mad1:

studentcheese

HSC
A girl next to me had her mobile phone ringing during an exam! I could not concentrate and the teacher didn't do anything about it or she didn't hear it. Though, I do believe that the girl couldn't concentrate too. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)