Invasion Day. (1 Viewer)

mishka

HSC
N/A
federation day.

duhh

or federation anniversary
Federation was declared on January 1st, so shouldn't "Australia Day" also be on the same day?

People I've spoken to make the argument "yeah, but at least we get another holiday". That's not the point... January 26th was to do with First Fleet and so the day should be named after that.

If and when Australia gets off its backside and becomes a republic, there will never be a true "national" day of celebration (I'm excluding Anzac Day from this because it's a day of commemoration, not celebration). The European-Aboriginal contact history just has too many negative connotations for it to be a fully inclusive national celebration.

Last edited:

FabricLive

Banned
HSC
i been to meekathara meekathara meekathara meekathara meekathara meekathara meekathara meekathara meekathara jail jail meekathara jail hospital jail

Wheelbarrows

Banned
HSC
Steven G: wat to do for invasion day ahhh may as well go and hav a drink with land grabbers.....hat side wayyyyss oh

DailyChocoMilk

HSC
I don't see why indigenous people are still so offended. They still "celebrate" it the same way we do. By throwing asinine barbeques, going home and having a wank.

-I assume Invasion day would be the same. Only with less barbeques and more wanking.

... on second thought let's change it to Invasion day.

Yasser Arafat

Banned
HSC
N/A
uh what lol you are clueless, many abos dont celebrate it, instead they protest etc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)