Investment Banking Internships 2008 (1 Viewer)

sf_diegoxrock

HSC
pete_mate said:
You still haven't said whether this is in the Mac Capital division or other front office. It would be very unusual if this is the case.

Further, it'd be virtually impossible in this market in the future.
Sorry, it didn't cross my mind. Macquarie Private Wealth and Funds Group I believe.

A bit OT but how did your psych test go at Macq? I'm at the second stage (psych) as well for the Risk Management Group as well. Very slow process indeed.

pete_mate

HSC
i did the psych test today, its very frustrating.

There are situations where you're provided with 4 qualities that describe you, and often all 4 of them are very much representative of you and you can't pick one that you're "least".

very annoying test

geetarjoe

HSC
N/A
pete_mate said:

There are situations where you're provided with 4 qualities that describe you, and often all 4 of them are very much representative of you and you can't pick one that you're "least".

very annoying test
But a large part of the assessment and selection process all the same.

sf_diegoxrock

HSC
i'll be happy if it's just the personality part that annoys me, rather than the maths/english questions...

i've booked mine for Weds but i've just come down with a virus today, feeling like absolute *#($ might have to end up rescheduling it

sf_diegoxrock

HSC
+ do they provide you with pen and paper for the psych test? or are you expected to do everything in your head?

I heard there was an onscreen calculator last year?

c2643c

HSC
Hmmmm.. this is so strange - i got a rejection email earlier from mac bank... and now they emailed me again saying that i can go to a first interview. I'm assumin its not IBD since all the IBD recruitment has finished.... anyone else got this email?

sf_diegoxrock

HSC
so they didn't even tell you what division it was? strange...

nevertheless, congratulations haha

*bump on the Q: does anyone know if you get calculators for the macbank psychometric test?

c2643c

HSC
I just found out ... CAG (Corporate Affairs Group)

So what division are you going for?

Descendia

HSC
You get a crappy little calculator and pen and paper for the psych test. The calculator is the worst ever, and I kept missing buttons :|

I found the first section (shape sequences) quite tight for the time. The numerical and reasoning were alright.

But the calculator freaking sucks.

pete_mate

HSC
Descendia said:
You get a crappy little calculator and pen and paper for the psych test. The calculator is the worst ever, and I kept missing buttons :|

I found the first section (shape sequences) quite tight for the time. The numerical and reasoning were alright.

But the calculator freaking sucks.

Did you get your own private little room with a bar fridge and free drinks and stuff as well? i thought that was awesome.

But yeah, i agree, the shape/sequences stuff was very tight for me. But the calc is just one of those cheap ones, just get used to it beforehand.

Descendia

HSC
Yeah, there were the mini-fridges and drinks. Some guy in my testing session was like "what if the drinks are a there as a test or something? Like, they might be watching to see who takes drinks..." :rolleyes:

danielvh

HSC
Descendia said:
Yeah, there were the mini-fridges and drinks. Some guy in my testing session was like "what if the drinks are a there as a test or something? Like, they might be watching to see who takes drinks..." :rolleyes:
Yep, you probably won't be hired if you don't drink everything in there.

c2643c

HSC
Just out of curiosity... at the end of your interview, do the interviewers make any suggestions as to whether you've passed or do they generally give the same feedback each time and then send you a letter or give you a call regarding how well/badly you went?

Anyone have any experience of how Macquarie rejects people?

I just had my interview today, seemed alright but I just don't know what to expect now and its kind of bugging me.

sf_diegoxrock

HSC
It's probably procedure but my interviewer spent a lot of time explaining to me the process of getting the job (I'd say about 10-15minutes) just going through what I can expect at each stage

Be patient! Good things come to those who wait

I got a call back 2 days after my interview + an email asking for me to book the psychometric test

Goodluck

c2643c

HSC
sf_diegoxrock said:
It's probably procedure but my interviewer spent a lot of time explaining to me the process of getting the job (I'd say about 10-15minutes) just going through what I can expect at each stage

Be patient! Good things come to those who wait

I got a call back 2 days after my interview + an email asking for me to book the psychometric test

Goodluck

Ahh ok.. yeah she did spend a lot of time explaining to me the next process and what happens from here onwards... I was more worried as to if she was jus trying to wave me off haha...

Thanks though... makes me feel a lot more relaxed :) hopefully i still have a chance!

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
so.. who is still waiting for final offers/rejections zzzzz

c2643c

HSC
sunjet said:
so.. who is still waiting for final offers/rejections zzzzz

Im still waiting...but not in the IB division...

c2643c

HSC
sunjet said:
Ditto.. what division/company?
MacBank - CAG.... had my HR interview on friday, and just waiting for a reply. I felt OK after it, but cus it's taking them so long to reply, i think its most likely a rejection now :(

How about u?

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
pete_mate said:

very annoying test
I experienced the same thing when I did my test. The personality part doesn't count for too much. I did get asked about the results in my second last interview, although this was not a typical grad/intern role.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)