• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

IPL-Cricket (1 Viewer)

AnandDNA

HSC
Pls guys this was a thread to discuss the IPL not the country. what are you thights on teh future of 50 over cricket now that 20/20 is becoming more popular. 20/20 is clearly 1000x better than 50 overs, i reckon they shud just keep it as 20/20 and test cricket.

munchiecrunchie

HSC
umm I'll just be interested to see some awsum cricket and see aussies against aussies.

can we cut the racism and focus on the cricket?

siddharthlaha

HSC
Uni Grad
I think we should keep all three. i dont see why we cant. maybe keep twenty twenty as a club competition (or an olympic sport), 50 over cricket as world cups and between countries, and keep test match cricket as the "elite" of competitive cricket.

Muz4PM

HSC
AnandDNA said:
Pls guys this was a thread to discuss the IPL not the country. what are you thights on teh future of 50 over cricket now that 20/20 is becoming more popular. 20/20 is clearly 1000x better than 50 overs, i reckon they shud just keep it as 20/20 and test cricket.
I think because of Twenty20 we may see a slgiht decline in the 50 over variety as it takes away from it's job as the "exciting shorter version" of cricket. However, I like watching 50 over cricket for the fact that it is smash and dash, but also there is a need for tactics and plans, which is something I enjoy watching.

Tests, no matter how boring some people think they are cannot be done away with. Test cricket is the pinnacle of our game, it brings together all of the tactics, skill and endurance which is needed to play for five days. I wonder what effect Twenty20 will have on tests. Since the inception of the fifty over game, test cricket has become more fast paced, I wonder what will happen now we have Twenty20.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
siddharthlaha said:
Mate your not a bogan cause ur australian, I can tell by your continuous swearing what kind of person you are. 90% of my friends are australian!.
Way to stereotype. You obviously don't know what the term hypocrite means. I'm not surprised.

And once you say a country is bad, you are looking down on its people. I dont hear you saying anything about Australia?
Once again how fucking stupid can you be. This is the IPL thread. The I stands for India. What does australia's living conditions have to do with the IPL?

An mate ive lived in australia all my life (born and bred), so im just as Australian as you are.
Doubt it but since it is not quantifiable i'll let it slide.

And i will get to my UAI aim. I dont do standard english, I do advanced.
Certainly doesn't come across that way
Show some respect cause u'll be shining my shoes one day.
You're pretty arrogant for someone who doesn't even know what the word racism means, and who struggles to comprehend and present a logical argument. Let me guess, you do 4 unit maths ta school and have no humanities subjects because you are a curry?
See that's a fucking stereotype.

ps and at least i have the decency to try and resolve the arguement. like i said before, stop this fight and we'll agree to disagree.
No you don't, you continued with it the same way i have, you just added that to the end there because you realise how stupid you sounded on a losing argument. I don't mind agreeing to disagree, but at least fucking mean it.

AnandDNA

HSC
Pls people the IPL indirectly is stopping the racism and bias-ness of people, by having teams with players of all different countries. The teams have a mixture of aussie, indian, south african, pakistani, sri-lankan and they are all playing together in the same team. So keep all your racist comments to yourselves and just post your views on teh whole IPL if u have any or dnt post anything at all and ignore this thread :)

siddharthlaha

HSC
Uni Grad
Blakegman

Can we just let this drop??? Im sick of it seriously.

(ps i dont do four unit maths and do ancient history and business studies.)

blakegman

HSC
N/A
Re: Blakegman

I would be too if i was you.

But ok.

siddharthlaha

HSC
Uni Grad
Thanks.

but does anyone no whos playing the first game?

Kolkata knight riders and who?

AnandDNA

HSC
1st match: Bangalore Royal Challengers v Kolkata Knight Riders at Bangalore - Apr 18, 2008
Match scheduled to begin at 20:00 local time (14:30 GMT)

2nd match: Kings XI Punjab v Chennai Super Kings at Mohali - Apr 19, 2008 (17:00 local, 11:30 GMT)

3rd match: Delhi Daredevils v Rajasthan Royals at Delhi - Apr 19, 2008 (20:30 local, 15:00 GMT)

4th match: Kolkata Knight Riders v Deccan Chargers at Kolkata - Apr 20, 2008 (16:00 local, 10:30 GMT)

5th match: Mumbai Indians v Bangalore Royal Challengers at Mumbai - Apr 20, 2008 (20:00 local, 14:30 GMT)

The local timings are for Sydney i believe

blakegman

HSC
N/A
What type of name is the Mumbai Indians lol.

That's like the Sydney Australian's.

-1 to Mumbai marketing department

siddharthlaha

HSC
Uni Grad
blakegman said:
What type of name is the Mumbai Indians lol.

That's like the Sydney Australian's.

-1 to Mumbai marketing department
Agreed that is a dumb name.

maybe they are like going for like "american indians"?

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
i really would hate to see the players giving up their national matches just to play in the ipl. just as i would hate (am hating) to see epl or foreign league players knocking back the socceroos. they have to get their priorities straight - country always comes first. it is one selection spot you can't buy your way into.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
:mad:
wuddie said:
i really would hate to see the players giving up their national matches just to play in the ipl. just as i would hate (am hating) to see epl or foreign league players knocking back the socceroos. they have to get their priorities straight - country always comes first. it is one selection spot you can't buy your way into.
While i agree with the sentiment. The situation with soccer is a completely different scenario. Players want to play for their country, but can't, by their respective employers.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
blakegman said:
:mad:

While i agree with the sentiment. The situation with soccer is a completely different scenario. Players want to play for their country, but can't, by their respective employers.
well then, if playing club football means one can't play rep matches for his country, then one has to ask himself, is it worth it? has he got his priorities right? is he weighing up things according to the dollar sign? i don't want to sit on my high horse here and judge. but to me, i will place my country and its matches in the highest order. if i do play for a club, i will ask for a get-out clause, which says i can elect to play for my country whenever it has a match on (except for friendlies).

that's the same idea with ipl. one of the biggest issues cricket aust has with ipl is the scheduling and whether the players will be available (and in their peak condition) when it comes to playing for aust. it should be no surprised that most of our players have joined for the money. but i would be absolutely disgusted if any of the players elect to play ipl instead of playing for aust, and that player deserves to lose any respect anyone has for him. it is quite simply, without cricket aust, most of these players wouldn't have the fame they enjoy at the moment.

kchap42

HSC
Dumsum said:
It'll probably be both Ten and TenHD (with the latter being High Def and with Dolby Digital sound. Maybe.). Naturally, I'll be watching the HD version.

It's one of those things that really isn't cricket but I think will be fun to watch anyway.
yep it will be on both when i checked last night.
and yes i agree it should be a bit of fun to watch anyway. Get as much viewing as I can of Shane Warne before he's gone from everything forever & gilly & get some punter.

hehe & warne said they didnt need a coach he's filling in the positiong HAHA:rofl:

siddharthlaha

HSC
Uni Grad
What they should do is have like an "IPL window" - A time period during where the IPL is held and there are no international games.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
i hope the game is actually going to benefit from this 'window'. i wouldn't be too worried about other countries trying to set up their own league, no one else has the market power of 1 billion other than india.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)