• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

IPL-Cricket (1 Viewer)

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
woo, cricket on tv again. and not stupid stuff like the windies vs. lanka. i hate league, and started hating afl since i moved to syd from adel in 1999 (crows '97/'98 forever)

Trajan

HSC
A High Way Man said:
windies vs. lanka. i hate league, and started hating afl since i moved to syd from adel in 1999 (crows '97/'98 forever)

You dont really mean that do you?

I've always been indifferent towards AFL....by indifferent I mean hate.

Muz4PM

HSC
fernando said:
Who did win the test series bewteen the Windies and Sri Lanka? I watched bits and pieces but never got a result.

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
Trajan said:
You dont really mean that do you?

I've always been indifferent towards AFL....by indifferent I mean hate.
well, they dont play it in SA. we all know what happened to the mighty adelaide rams

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
Muz4PM said:
Who did win the test series bewteen the Windies and Sri Lanka? I watched bits and pieces but never got a result.

Windies drew in the test series and won in the one day matches.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
once upon a time sri lanka was sooo good at one dayers, i actually feared for aust when they played them. what happened? who to blame?

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
wuddie said:
once upon a time sri lanka was sooo good at one dayers, i actually feared for aust when they played them. what happened? who to blame?
they need to kick off the older players such as sanath j. they can't depend on his random occurances of centuries. they need to start placing some young fresh players into the team.

Muz4PM

HSC
The problem with Sri Lankan cricket, just ask Marvin Atapattu about the "muppets" who are selectors. :D

I must agree with Fernando though, they need to bring in some new blood, and remove Sanath. I think that was the point of Atapattu's comments, the selectors called Attapatu back, but he realised that younger, more promising players should have been called up.

I think they have two good bowlers in Maharoof and Malinga. I think Vaas needs to stay for a season or two, to continue mentoring them, and teaching them. Same as Jayawardene and Sangakara need to mentor the younger batsmen such as Silva and Vandort.

AnandDNA

HSC
Indian Premier League - 1st match
Bangalore Royal Challengers v Kolkata Knight Riders 2007/08 season

Played at M Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bangalore, on 18 April 2008 - day/night (20-over match)

Result Kolkata Knight Riders won by 140 runs

McCullum played like a God cant believe he pulled it off with all those boundaries. I knew he was a good hitter but wow he is in excellent form.

Ganguly and Ponting did okay but ova 70% of the runs came from 1 player alone.The required run rate was impossible to achieve from Bangalore and im not surprised that they did so bad. Like the commentator said, they have majorly test players, what a waste of money. I believe Rahul Dravid shud retire he hasnt be in great form in yonks and i belive his done his share for a lifetime.

What were ur thoughts on the game??? :D

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
AnandDNA said:

Played at M Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bangalore, on 18 April 2008 - day/night (20-over match)

McCullum played like a God cant believe he pulled it off with all those boundaries. I knew he was a good hitter but wow he is in excellent form.

Ganguly and Ponting did okay but ova 70% of the runs came from 1 player alone.The required run rate was impossible to achieve from Bangalore and im not surprised that they did so bad. Like the commentator said, they have majorly test players, what a waste of money. I believe Rahul Dravid shud retire he hasnt be in great form in yonks and i belive his done his share for a lifetime.

i got bored and tired after three overs and went to bed. my only thought is that given the massive amount ten paid for the rights to the league, they could have come up with a studio bigger than about three square metres and found better hosts.

Muz4PM

HSC
AnandDNA said:

I didn't watch the game, but I am not sure why Dravid is in 20/20. IN his older agre his temperament has become better suited for test cricket. I guess given he has been such a mainstay in the Indian cricket team it would be blasphemous to leave him out, but I don't think his temperment lends itself to 20/20.

clintmyster

Prophet 9 FTW
HSC
Uni Grad
i wouldnt be suprised if mccullum got a few hundreds in this tournament! Id like to see them :p

clintmyster

Prophet 9 FTW
HSC
Uni Grad
Triple777ER said:
Absolute hammering. And Ponting said "Expected more" for his money. haha, he played so shit, how can he expect more.
very true! i doubt symonds and dhoni are worth what they were bought for. Mcculum though well worth it haha

How funny was it when Shah Rukh Khan danced every time a wicket fell! I thought he was gonna join the dancers :p

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
thing is, proper technique doesnt always work well in this form of the game. thats why ponting and all may take a while to get going. look at mccullum - hes very unconventional but it works because he has got good hand-eye coordination. its like playing on a concrete surface for him, if he sees the ball to tonk, he tonks it.

aznboystar

Honourary Azn
HSC
brilliant game. dont see why mucullum didnt go for over 1 million. reckon his knock will stand as the highest for quite a while.
anyways, my money is on night riders or hyderabad to take it out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)