iPod battery sucks hardcore (1 Viewer)

G

Gavvvvvin

Does anybody elses battery drain heaps quickly?

I bought the iPod video the other day and the battery goes after about 2 hours...and thats not while watching videos (which is another pain in the ass all together).

Did I get a dud or something?

Lasts for 12 hours my fuckin ass :cool:

Jesus!

Jeebus
HSC
N/A
_DeathlessOne_ said:
Does anybody elses battery drain heaps quickly?

I bought the iPod video the other day and the battery goes after about 2 hours...and thats not while watching videos (which is another pain in the ass all together).

Did I get a dud or something?

Lasts for 12 hours my fuckin ass :cool:
It's probably because you didn't charge it properly. I know my followers out there sometimes have trouble with the cords. They pray to me about it.

G

Gavvvvvin

I charged it the recommended 4 hours. Does it take longer to charge by USB or something?

Jesus!

Jeebus
HSC
N/A
_DeathlessOne_ said:
I charged it the recommended 4 hours. Does it take longer to charge by USB or something?
USB charging, I believe, is crappier than the more virtuous but expensive option.

Ghost1788

HSC
i think you should charge it over night for the first time..then afta that 4 or 5 hrs

sunny

meh.
HSC
Batteries need a "break in" to get to full capacity - so that overnight charge is always a good idea.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
When you first used it did you let it do its first charge fully complete and without using that I know with my PSP that can sometimes affect its performance. Although have seen a number of complaints about the iPod (notice the ‘i’ this time) battery length.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
thats why ipod gave out those one year battery warranty's cause generally they suck (well this might only apply to older models). my ipod has so many problems. i can't seem to get pass that folder with the exclamation mark and i tried every given suggestion to fix it. thus it has practicaly died out on me. oh wells ..

Collin

HSC
N/A
2 hours on music for the 5th gen is pretty bad, even for a starter charge. If you recently bought it from a retailer, try exchanging it for another one before the exchange policy date overdues.

timobr0

Ευθήμιος
HSC
ipods suck, apple justs markets them well, hence they are the number 1 mp3 player on the market.

Creative and iAudio make better quality players and are much cheaper in comparison to the ipod. Buy one of those.

Last edited:

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
timobr0 said:
ipods suck, apple justs markets them well, hence they are the number 1 mp3 player on the market.

Creative and iAudio make better quality players and are much cheaper in comparison to the ipod. Buy one of those.
To be honest, I haven't had a single problem with my 4th Gen. But I take care of mine as if it were newly bought. All my friends have had problems with theirs. Funnily enough, they all suffered physical damage, resulting in the Ipod not working properly, or not working at all. Lesson? Be careful with it.

When they are producing like a million a month, of course you're going to have quality control issues. That doesn't make the ipod series bad. The design is fine, technically and physically, there's just a greater number of problems in a greater number being produced.

Law of large numbers. Take a giant group of ipods each month from those produced, and you'll find they're ~all up to scratch.

*Shrugs*

Bagging out devices with illogical reasoning does not help this thread. Please stay on topic to helping the user solve their problem.

@_DeathlessOne_: If the above solutions do not work, I suggest sending it back and just getting a new one, as the battery may genuinely be defective.

Collin

HSC
N/A
I agree MedNez, my 4th gen has remained trouble-free.. I'm totally happy with it. Like you, I take great care of it.

Callistogenic

HSC
I respect my 4th gen 20GB, and it has never given me any problems. As long as the battery is looked after and maintained (by following the guidelines on Apple's site), then your iPod will give you years of trouble-free enjoyable music experience.

I also agree with MedNez:
Treat your iPod as if it were new. Buy a case (if you haven't already done so) before you leave the store, so you won't whinge about it being scratched. The iPod's finish is a marvel of design in its own right, and should be regarded as one. There are a plethora of styles and colours avaliable, along with different features at varying price points.

Last edited:

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
I've even resorted to wrapping cling wrap over mine - I wouldn't want the wheel to go grey lol, I sound crazy. But yeah, I've had it since last year and it still works fine with me. I only listen to it in bed. My friends claim their USB's won't work, dents, scratches blah blah and they've just recently bought it.
So I guess, as people above have said, it just comes down to how well you care for your ipod.

RCMasterAA

I vant to suck your blood
HSC
You go to iTunes then click the 'Create new playlist' button located at the very bottom left of the window. Then from your library you can drag songs onto it.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
If you don't charge the battery fully the first time it can screw up I think... Well, if this keeps up, just give Apple a shout and if it turns out to be their fault, they send you a new one. They sent me a new iPod mini- all P&H paid for by them!

Collin

HSC
N/A
You can also make 'On-The-Go' playlists by holding on the select button at the middle of the clickwheel when you're in the Music menus. The song/artist/album etc. you're currently selecting will flash after a few seconds, indicating it has been incorporated into the On-The-Go playlist.

santaslayer

HSC
Mine play for 4 hrs...

ipods are really faulty, ive taken mine to the applestore twice already. expiry date for warranty is due now, so if it stuffs up again then im screwed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)