ipod - worth it? (1 Viewer)

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
ja.
personally i don't like the look of the iriver models...... the new creative one looks alright..... but pretty big.... so i dunno, i think i'll just stick with an ipod :uhhuh:

bloodysunday

Galactic Hitch-hiker
HSC
ipods are way cool, i love mine. just be careful not to use the earbuds wherever you think that people might steal the ipod off you. i dont particularly like the earbuds anyway, i normally use my own headphones. mine's a 20GB one and so far i've only used 5GB... i'll fill it up one day i suppose lol.

Kulazzi

HSC
I'm wanting an Ipod but my dad said no, he'll get it from Malaysia, when he goes there for a holiday. I just talked to my cousin and she said that the Ipod is more expensive there. Is this true? Am I better off getitng it here anyway? And she also said that I can get a discount (even though I'm a secondary student). :confused:

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Kulazzi said:
I'm wanting an Ipod but my dad said no, he'll get it from Malaysia, when he goes there for a holiday. I just talked to my cousin and she said that the Ipod is more expensive there. Is this true? Am I better off getitng it here anyway? And she also said that I can get a discount (even though I'm a secondary student). :confused:
It's true, my Dad went to Malaysia/Singapore hoping to get one cheap but to no avail. If you can't get a student discount get a friend in uni to get one for you...

Kulazzi

HSC
I can get it through my uncle cheap, if I don't get the discount. He bought an Ipod mini for his youngest daughter for like $340. He got $50 off. I was just wondering if there was a student discount cos I had a brief overview of it with MedNez, and he said he tried to get it but failed (as a student).

dangerousdave

HSC
I hate iPods, if I could go back in time I'd get an iRiver. My battery died and as a result i've murdered the sides of the case trying to pry it open because i refuse to pay apple $199 (or however much it is) for a refurshable iPod.

Fosweb

I could be your Doctor...
HSC
sunny said:
There are 10% student discounts.
For higher education students, higher education teachers, or K-12 teachers. Not K-12 students.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
cro_angel said:
haha how cute is this
http://www.apple.com.au/ipodshuffle/
im contemplating getting it.. just plug it in every day and get new random songs off my comp
anyone got one?
It doesnt come out til end of January...soon i guess lol. It looks cool but the fact that it doesnt have a screen is making me iffy about it...

phizz

aka: Philly Cheese
HSC
I got myself an iRiver H340, and I have never looked back. I was all for the iPod, but when I got to the crunch, Il'd rather pay for features over looks. Thats not to say the H340 dosen't look half bad, but regardless of what I bought, they'd be hidden in my pocket and accessed with a remote.

Though the iRiver was a bit steap with the price, (I paid $700), it includes a 40gb player with 2" colour screen, input (which records to MP3/WAV), output and headphone plugs, internal mic(which records to MP3/WAV), usb host to conect directly to cameras and download their pictures, internal radio (which records to MP3/WAV), docking station, extra batery pack (like the belkin one for ipod).

Plus it can play Ogg, Wav, Mp3. View text files and pictures.

And also the free FirmWare upgrades garentee new requested features and formats possible. Even the AAC format will be possible soon acording to the iRiver engineers.

anyhoo, enough boasting for the moment, I'm just happy with the desicion I made

Handsome Phil

Well I got myself the Craetive 20GB Zen Touch for $399 with all the goodies. I've been noticing with Ipod you have to buy xtra accessories.

Arvin Sloane

We are not amused.
HSC
Fosweb said:
For higher education students, higher education teachers, or K-12 teachers. Not K-12 students.
Walk in to store. Say Apple has an educational discount on iPods. Tell them they can check the educational apple store website if they don't believe you. Tell them the price you can get an iPod at the website. Watch them match your offer, and if you're really good at bargaining get them to throw some accessories in.

It's sad when I see people paying full price for things. It's a perfect chance to practise your ‘people’ skills when you go shopping.

Last edited by a moderator:
HSC
when i bought my phone i bargined a $50 data cable, when i bought my ipod i bargined the free USB cord :D

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
what I'm trying to figure out right now is why the introduced that grey/silver clickwheel when it use to be white...

there's heaps of versions (looking closely at the model number cuz i'm a smart buyer" in different stores, all the same damn price. We're up to the forth generation of the ipod now?

What the hell is going on?

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
Casmira said:
when i bought my phone i bargined a $50 data cable, when i bought my ipod i bargined the free USB cord :D
yet you still got ripped off buying the ipod in the first place

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
ur_inner_child said:
what I'm trying to figure out right now is why the introduced that grey/silver clickwheel when it use to be white...

there's heaps of versions (looking closely at the model number cuz i'm a smart buyer" in different stores, all the same damn price. We're up to the forth generation of the ipod now?

Grey/Silver clickwheel was an interface upgrade. The wheel houses the buttons = less space = new look. As opposed to a wheel, and buttons at the top.

And yes, 4th gen is selling at the moment, and has been for six months or so. Third gen was around for about a year before that, and I don't know much about the first or second gens, but I don't think they were around too long.

Also, there aren't "heaps of versions". There is the Ipod (4th generation, you'd be hard pressed buying a 3rd gen); Ipod Mini (If you get this confused with a regular Ipod I'd be worried); And the Ipod shuffle, which again, is not like a regular Ipod and works differently.

So, in conclusion, there are three different models, all pretty easy to tell apart. Hope this helped.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
ur_inner_child said:

this is the old ipod (the model before the one with the grey clickwheel)

this is the current one (with grey clickwheel) AKA 4th generation ipod

ipod mini

colour ipod (same as 4th gen but with colour screen)

u2 ipod (same as 4th gen but different colours)

ipod shuffle (cheaper mp3 player with no screen)

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
what bit confuses you?

iPod 15Gb ('04) - Mac & Win

is this one

the other ones seem relatively self-explanatory?
though they do seem to double up on some of the item descriptions =S

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)