IPT Scaling (1 Viewer)

pwoh

O_O
HSC
Uni Grad
trailblazer said:
Yes, some subjects do have a cap. Business Studies is capped at 96 i think.
Oh. Well that sucks.

Would I theoretically be better off doing software via distance ed or something?

speedofsound

HSC
A friend of mine did really well in IPT last year... got 90, and got into her business course at uni no problem.

chook 05

Sum Fulla
HSC
yeah... i found out how crappy IPT goes after i dropped economics for it.. good choice :angry:

lordesf

HSC
Gosh.... i droped IPT after my trials and i was glad i did it i knew 150% tht i wasnt going to count for me.. and i hated IPT... the sylabus is shit.... and the exams r 99% bullshiting...

Yeh damn... u so should of kept economcis...

danz90

HSC
IPT is a shithole of a subject... the HSC exam this year for IPT was also a JOKE (it was a fucking ethics exam, more than anything)

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
danz90 said:
IPT is a shithole of a subject... the HSC exam this year for IPT was also a JOKE (it was a fucking ethics exam, more than anything)
+1
IPT was a waste of my schooling life.
I have not learnt anything that I didn't know about technology (except useless things like parity bits).
All I have learnt is the ethics of transaction processing systems and I am psyched to forget it all!

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
Unwant3d said:
For the 2008 paper.
expect diagrams. as in DFD's, System Flow.etc and drawing them.
as there were NONE in the 2007 HSC.
hahaha you were certainly proved wrong by the 2008 paper.

le-foot

HSC
lol that bit (dfds and other diagrams) is the same as the software design syllabus...

Someone writing the SDD syllabus NEEDS to know a bit of software next time round

Babbu

HSC
Hi

I've had similar problems deciding about IPT. Now too I feel I should drop IPT as it is still early and I feel I'll be wasting whole year doing it and still not really counted as it is my back up subject. Is it wise to have only 10 units though?

Makro

Porcupine
HSC
10 units is fine if you like your subjects. You shouldn't be doing anything just for the sake of it. As cliche as it is, you'll find it really hard to focus on a subject you don't like.

So, drop the subject you don't like, not the one that scales so bad. IPT is easy to do well in. Lots of people don't give it enough time, hence they get low marks, but if you put in the work, in class, make notes, do assignments thoroughly you can easily get 85%+ and that's where scaling wont exactly eat you.

lordesf

HSC
IPT is a SHIOT subject for a bak up lol i was using it as my bak up too until up to my trials i knew it wasnt going to do much as a bak up, if ur in tht situation then drop and focus ur 10,

my other 10 units were mostly high sclaing tht y..

mudcake42

HSC
Yeh I did IPT which was my back up subject although it so obviously won't count.

I would recommend if you are taking a load of really hard and time consuming subjects and you have to do 12 units. At my school you have to do 12, so I kept IPT and did absolutely no work in it. Still got average in the class and whipped the exam.

Don't take it, if you can help it, as your main subject. you can aim higher.

saying that though, if you do well then your in the clear. but you gotta make sure you do well!

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
mudcake42 said:
Yeh I did IPT which was my back up subject although it so obviously won't count.

I would recommend if you are taking a load of really hard and time consuming subjects and you have to do 12 units. At my school you have to do 12, so I kept IPT and did absolutely no work in it. Still got average in the class and whipped the exam.

Don't take it, if you can help it, as your main subject. you can aim higher.

saying that though, if you do well then your in the clear. but you gotta make sure you do well!
IPT is a piece of faeces and I wish I had never taken it.
Not just because it's a capped subject but because it's effing boring. Waste of my time. Wish I took a language instead.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
fallenstar said:
IPT is a piece of faeces and I wish I had never taken it.
Not just because it's a capped subject but because it's effing boring. Waste of my time. Wish I took a language instead.
is it going to count though? towards your UAI that is.

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
lyounamu said:
is it going to count though? towards your UAI that is.
yes, unfortunately. I went into hospital in year 11 for three months and was going to pick up 4U english in year 12, but my treatment team said no because of the extra major work. So i had to drop Ext 1 English and keep IPT. Now my UAI hinges on a capped subject as all my others scale really well.

dp624

HSC
fallenstar said:
yes, unfortunately. I went into hospital in year 11 for three months and was going to pick up 4U english in year 12, but my treatment team said no because of the extra major work. So i had to drop Ext 1 English and keep IPT. Now my UAI hinges on a capped subject as all my others scale really well.
Oh well, if you do decently well then the impact is miminal. It's realy only once you get to the <10 percentile rang that it starts crapping up lie hell

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
dp624 said:
Oh well, if you do decently well then the impact is miminal. It's realy only once you get to the <10 percentile rang that it starts crapping up lie hell
Yeah, but I worked out that if I scored 91 as my overall HSC IPT mark, it contributes around 84 to my UAI. Pathetic. You need upwards of 95 as your overall HSC mark for it to contribute over 90 scaled points to your UAI. Wish i never took it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)