Iran has enough uranium for bomb; UN (2 Viewers)

alexp01

HSC
The Ex American president who did not use Nuclear weapons at all during his Presidency?
Yeah but he was a bit of a relgious wacko tbf, but he's gone now so everything's all rosey and perfect again in the world, no fighting, no hate, just a whole lot of love;)

alexp01

HSC
Yeah but he wasn't beholden to a Theocrat within the country, was he? The US government isn't a figurehead to a Theocratic dictator. Whether he was a bit overly-religious or not, he was not part of a regime that actively supported suicide bombers.

Can't see how they are in any way similar.
lol Mate, calm down. I wasn't actually comparing George Bush to Ahmadinejad, just saying that he came off as a bit nutty sometimes, as those crazy religious Americans sometimes do. Anyway, it was a tongue in cheek comment, nothing to be taken too seriously;)

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Yeah but he wasn't beholden to a Theocrat within the country, was he? The US government isn't a figurehead to a Theocratic dictator. Whether he was a bit overly-religious or not, he was not part of a regime that actively supported suicide bombers.

Can't see how they are in any way similar.
No, he wasn't. He was, however, a religious nutjob who is part of a popular movement which openly welcomes and aims for the Second Coming of Jesus and the following apocalypse, where they are garuanteed eternity in Paradise. Is such a man any more stable than Ahmadinejad? Can we trust one more than the other, when both have their fingers poised over the big red button?

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Yes, because Our Saviour never told us to spread the good news by the sword

banco55

HSC
Iran's economy is in deep shit with the falling oil price, high inflation etc. They have zero internationally competitive export industries. Hopefully the weakness of the Iranian economy will make them more susceptible to economic pressure.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Iran's economy is in deep shit with the falling oil price, high inflation etc. They have zero internationally competitive export industries. Hopefully the weakness of the Iranian economy will make them more susceptible to economic pressure.
Or, as was the case with Japan in 1941, make them go apeshit and attack someone to steal their resources.

JonathanM

Antagonist
HSC
the Second Coming of Jesus and the following apocalypse, where they are garuanteed eternity in Paradise.
All Jews need to be living in Israel first xD

Which is actually why most of the evangelists support Israel.

Israel is happy about this, though they don't seem to care about the second part where after they all move to Israel and all Jews have to pick between Jesus and death :/

Last edited:

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
All Jews need to be living in Israel first xD

Which is actually why most of the evangelists support Israel.

Israel is happy about this, though they don't seem to care about the second part where after we all move to Israel and all Jews have to pick between Jesus and death :/
That's only one interpretation of the Book of Revelation. In fact, in one part of the book, it is explicitly said that only 144,000 Jews will be going to Heaven after the Second Coming.
Sucks Christianity.

jfunk

HSC
i never post here, but seriously there is more to worried about in this world than a country having enough uranium

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
i never post here, but seriously there is more to worried about in this world than a country having enough uranium
Like whether it has enough plutonium?

banco55

HSC
Or, as was the case with Japan in 1941, make them go apeshit and attack someone to steal their resources.
Iran's the opposite of Japan 1941 or Japan 2008. Japan has brains but no natural resources. Iran has natural resources but no brains.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Iran's the opposite of Japan 1941 or Japan 2008. Japan has brains but no natural resources. Iran has natural resources but no brains.
Wow. Could you make any more of a generalisation?
Besides which, My point wasn't actually to compare the two of them, I was just referring to history for an example of economic sanctions forcing war.

Edu.kid

HSC
No because Israeli's are moderate, peacefull, tolerant, restrained people whilst Iranians are extreme, hostile, hatefull, physcho nutjobs. It's like saying isn't it just as safe to give a gun to a policeman as it is a inmate of the asylum.
Moderate? Peacful? tolerant? restrained people? I am sorry but wasn't it an Israeli civilian lady who said she wished for all Palestinian women and Children to be burnt to death (On Dateline)? Restrained-how is killing nearly 1000 civilians restrained and destroying their homes and businesses, Peaceful? When the Palestinians tried to prevent them from coming to their land and occupying it they formed guerilla groups and blew up and killed Palesitians and tolerlant!!!!!!!THEY BUILt A HUGE WALL!

How would u know if normal iranians are extreme or hostile or hateful if you haven't even met one or is that what fox news tells you?

Last edited:

Edu.kid

HSC
Why is Iran anymore of a threat than North Korea? North Korea has launched and tested Nuclear weapons, threatened to use them on numerous occassions are non- npt members like Iran and ACTUALLY HAVE NUCLEAR WEAPONS! Here you have these North Koreans screaming out they have nuclear weapons yet for some strange reason Iran, who has not been shown or known to have nuclear weapons is such a great threat that we must take military actions and what not. AM i missing something here?

ALso lets see if Iran actually wants to wipe israel off the map:

Iran has a Jewsih member in its Parliament
A synogogue in its capital Tehran
25,000 jews living freely to practice their religion there

So if they were so hell bent on wiping jews off the planet wouldn't they start at home first?

SECONDLY iran is a signatory of NPT which allows UN inspectors at any time to come and inspect its nuclear facilities and gives it the right to use nuclear technology. Israel on the other hand isn't? For what reason? What does it have to hide?

OH but Iran is not so friendly to US after revolution and does not give US cheap oil anymore so we must all hate it.

Last edited:

JonathanM

Antagonist
HSC
Moderate? Peacful? tolerant? restrained people? I am sorry but wasn't it an Israeli civilian lady who said she wished for all Palestinian women and Children to be burnt to death (On Dateline)? Restrained-how is killing nearly 1000 civilians restrained and destroying their homes and businesses, Peaceful? When the Palestinians tried to prevent them from coming to their land and occupying it they formed guerilla groups and blew up and killed Palesitians and tolerlant!!!!!!!THEY BUILt A HUGE WALL!

How would u know if normal iranians are extreme or hostile or hateful if you haven't even met one or is that what fox news tells you?
Calm the fuck down. If you actually read down further, you'd see the guy was saying he was sarcastic. Noob. Anyway, first of all, you're generalising, second of all Dateline is the most biased show on free to air programming that I know of, and thirdly you're a twat. Have a read over the above post a few times more and you might realise why (might notice innacurate citation of statistics, generalisations, obvious bias etc.).

Iran has a Jewsih member in its Parliament
A synogogue in its capital Tehran
25,000 jews living freely to practice their religion there
Oh yes, Iran are a great democratic people.

http://www.dissidentvoice.org/Aug05/Iran-Hanging.jpg

Woops, slipped, I've turned into yld posting graphic images, two 16 year olds being hung for kissing >_<

Since when is Jewish connected with Israel? I'll bet you that Jewish member of Parliament doesn't think too kindly of Israel himself. Also please provide a citation for this and that there are 25000 Jews freely practicing their religion.

Iranian Muslim women are sent to jail for not properly following Sharia law, I highly doubt Jewish women are allowed to freely practice theirs.

banco55

HSC
Why is Iran anymore of a threat than North Korea? North Korea has launched and tested Nuclear weapons, threatened to use them on numerous occassions are non- npt members like Iran and ACTUALLY HAVE NUCLEAR WEAPONS! Here you have these North Koreans screaming out they have nuclear weapons yet for some strange reason Iran, who has not been shown or known to have nuclear weapons is such a great threat that we must take military actions and what not. AM i missing something here?

ALso lets see if Iran actually wants to wipe israel off the map:

What a dumb argument. You don't think Japan, South Korea and the US tried to prevent North Korea from getting the bomb? Speaking of North Korea they are meant to be testing a inter-continental missile tomorrow so them getting the bomb has worked out great.

HSC
N/A
funny, if i remember correctly, the family of the bali bomber victims themselves want to see the perpetrators killed....they even want to witness such a historic moment. imagine if such a crime was committed in this country, our sour pussy fuck judges would hand down 1 year community services.

What im trying to get at is Sharia law is extreme, however western law is pretty much just as fucked on the other end of the spectrum. both need to find a centre ground for the betterment of the community.

Last edited:

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
The common law is as barbaric and unjust as Sharia law.
Discuss

JonathanM

Antagonist
HSC
The common law is as barbaric and unjust as Sharia law.
Discuss
The Australian Legal system is in no way barbaric (in principle). It expresses the values of democracy, presumption of innocence and the freedom to a trial by jury.

None of the above can be said for the Sharia Legal system. Fin.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)