is 87 possible? (1 Viewer)

nomz

Hey sorry its another uai prediction. To get into Advanced Science I need a UAI of 90 but you get 3 bonus points for studying certain courses, so i was just wondering do you think it is at all possible for me to scrape an 87?
I go to a pretty average school (usually top 100-120) and these are my final ranks and raw assessment marks-
Chemistry- 2/12 89%
Physics- 6/18 82%
English Ad- 5/46 86%
Maths- 6/31 89%
Maths Ext1- 5/5 65%
S.O.R 1- 12/84 88%
However I think I really screwed up most of the HSC exams so I don't think its possible, i just need confirmation.

Shifty

Bulldogs 04' Premiers
HSC
Based on your final ranks and raw assessment marks, id say yes, however it depends on how greatly youve screwed up your hsc... and even if you dont get 87, im sure there is a normal science course with a much lower required uai, which you could do then transfer after the 1st year......i tend to believe that the normal science course and advanced would do similar shit for 1st year.......you should read up on it tho

VanCarBus

~--> Quincy <--~
HSC
ur mark has nothing to do with ur school,

last yr i went to non-selective school. ranked about 600 or so in nsw

castle hill high, if u know it,

and i managed a 97 uai

i dont think there was any scaling there

so, with ur marks, altho u hav stuffd up 3 unit maths,
I still recon u can get 90+ uai for sure,

because 3u maths scales pretty gud, so ur HSC mark (aligned) will probably be 78 or so

nomz

Thanks for replying. By stuffing up the exams i mean i think i got about 70-80 max for all my exams. So it probably not possible. The difference between the Advanced Program and normal science is you can skip some first year subjects, only do some research subjects and get honours after 3 years instead of four or something all of which would be cool, but normal would be pretty cool too I guess. I'm confused, everyone else said it does matter what school you go to so ??? Congrats on ur 97 btw

Last edited by a moderator:

hunny bunny

wat about us in crap schools!

hey people's,
this sounds totally mean but the rest of my grade are the biggest bunch of dumbasses and about 99% of them want to be council workers, pro surfers and lumberjacks, however im basically the only ambitious one who wants to go to uni. ive always done well and am aiming for 90%+ uai. i work hard, get high marks but am totally stressed that being at a mediocre school will greatly disadvantage my. uai. ive asked my teachers and they insist that the school doesnt matter, but i dnt know whether that is just in defence of the school or true!! please answer this!!

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
hunny bunny said:
hey people's,
this sounds totally mean but the rest of my grade are the biggest bunch of dumbasses and about 99% of them want to be council workers, pro surfers and lumberjacks, however im basically the only ambitious one who wants to go to uni. ive always done well and am aiming for 90%+ uai. i work hard, get high marks but am totally stressed that being at a mediocre school will greatly disadvantage my. uai. ive asked my teachers and they insist that the school doesnt matter, but i dnt know whether that is just in defence of the school or true!! please answer this!!
Use the search function. This has been discussed into the ground.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
hunny bunny said:
hey people's,
Your teachers are correct IFF you are beating all of these 'dumbasses'. If you are not universally first; if and a 'dumbass' is beating you then this is indicative that you are a 'dumbass', at least to the Board of Studies, so you will be negatively affected, at least for the subjects which you are not first in.

That's a quick explanation. Search around for more details.

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
hunny bunny said:
hey people's,
hello, I know how you feel.
but whatever, persevere.

hatty

Banned
well it is true.

the school u go 2 doesn't count at all. but slide rules right, dont let these future lumberjacks beat you

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK...

hasterz

HSC
if you come 1st in all your subjects the fact that ur school sux wont mean anything.......

Last edited:

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Hmmm. I dunno, as far as I can tell, it WILL mean something if you come first in all your subjects, as well as in the HSC, BUT: In the HSC, you beat everyone in your school by a long way, whilst internally you only beat them by a small amount.

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
VanCarBus said:
ur mark has nothing to do with ur school,

last yr i went to non-selective school. ranked about 600 or so in nsw

castle hill high, if u know it,

and i managed a 97 uai

i dont think there was any scaling there

so, with ur marks, altho u hav stuffd up 3 unit maths,
I still recon u can get 90+ uai for sure,

because 3u maths scales pretty gud, so ur HSC mark (aligned) will probably be 78 or so
congrats on getting 97!
i go 2 school in caslte hill 2 except mine is also non selective but catholic

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)