Is anyone else over the HSC? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

da.professor

HSC
wow guys i never felt like i belong more to a group of people in my whole life...

b-a-t-f-l

HSC
ARRRRGH i failed an assesment in Hospitality by one mark ONE MARK! wat the hell is that!? as if the teacher couldnt find it in her heart to give me one more lil mark.
Funny how that 1 measley little mark made me the shittiest person at school that day!
I mean... think about it. A NUMBER has the ability to bring 17-18 yr olds to tears.
This is why i hate everything about the HSC:mad1:

Last edited:

Tazmin

HSC
WHY DOES THE HSC MAKE ME WANNA COMMIT SUICIDE???
seriously i think i study more than i breathe and do you think anything will stick....NO!!!! :burn:

lixt07

HSC
I love you guys, this is pretty much me in a thread
I woke up on wednesday last week and went 'hey.. NOTHING good is going to happen today, why the hell am i even getting up?'

And i seem to have forgotten everything about imaginative journeys, have no supplementary texts and cried for an hour straight after my dad blew a fuse and my computer turned off. Even though everything was saved.
I'm an idiot

We're HSC idiots.
This is stupid

I'm seriously going to go to macquarie next year, pay my way into 4 units and hopefully end up in Ancient History somehow

I can't wait until i can wake up and go 'AHAHAHAH NOTHING TO DO TODAY, NOTHING TO FEEL GUILTY ABOUT BWAHAHAHAHAHHA'

...and then in 2 years my sister will come out with a perfect UAI and i'll go back to feeling like the failure i am :bomb:

Russdog

russell
HSC
lixt07 said:
I love you guys, this is pretty much me in a thread
I reckon aye.. I'm sick of reading threads with all these people who actually know what they're doing next year and are coming 1st in all their classes. bout freakin' time there's a thread for the losers in society like us!

Anyways it's getting closer to actually being the night before the first trials exam. I'd better get my shit ready. or not. Mayyyyybe just a few more hours of chillin'.. After 6 years of bludging another hour won't hurt I'm sure.

Last edited:

lixt07

HSC
magpam has a point :p

haha i put my half-yearly marks into the UAI calculator and got 44.25 :p
thankfully i was reassured by my kindly curriculum person that that was bullcrap and that you shouldn't listen to UAI calculators.

life without the HSC will be fantastic
my room will be tidy (and half-empty)

anyone else for a big schoolbook bonfire in the middle of pitt street after it's all over?

i think the free hugs guy will have to be working overtime during the HSC, i'll be there every thursday for nice hour-long hugs and reassuring chit-chat. he's a lovely fellow.

amie.o

aaaaaaa!
HSC
Russdog said:
I doubt there's anyone who isn't over the HSC. But there's still some of us (i.e. me) who're lucky enough/unlucky enough to not have even started stressing yet, or realised yet that the HSC already started about a year ago. I've been at the 'fuck it' stage since the start! :(

oh thats SO me, im glad im not the only one

im hitting the point where its like "hmm, shit, perhaps i should have been doing work this year..."

has any one else been having classes where the pressures so high every one starts arguing and then everyone ends up in piles of tears??

might be easier to count how many people arent over the hsc....

cherish04

HSC
i 100% agree!! lately i don't act like myself, my room is a mess and i'm always sad about school, primarily english. i feal very over it and have seen may people cry over it... can't wait till it's over...

katarvey

Premium Member
HSC
the HSC is inhumane!!
it breaks down each student slowly...one of my friends was like yelling at her younger sister "drop out now!!" LMAO
there's too much to memorise...its not a test of how smart u r but in fact how much you can remember!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and that kills it for me...cause i dont have a good memory
im not failing my classes or anything like that but the pressure kills ittt

teachers hype it up so much that by the time u get to yr12 ur over it!

amie.o

aaaaaaa!
HSC
tasha1789 said:
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH i hate the fucking HSC to... it is so fucked up. I want to vet science to i have to get like 99.85 or some crap like that... and i don't even care anymore, half my teachers changed for year 12.. i now have a shit chem teacher i was coming 4th last year now i coming like 15th... which is still ok but i know i can do better... and maths which is my best subject, i don't even get anymore... i totally screwed and i don't even give a damn!!!!!!

I am going on GAP next year though... YAY!!!
i recognise this rant i think ... ha is that you tash??

cause your chem teacher sounds mysteriously like mine haha

hiddenagenda

HSC
hahah hey cmon it aint thaaaat bad. stress is only 4 a couple dayz b4 trials lol! if u botha putin in 2hrs of study/nite... like... uninteruuptd by msn rofl gettin 95+ uai isnt that hard! and if u havent.. it aint 2 late 2 start now. ace ur hsc exams and ul make a massive improvement on how ur goin now.

4 english all u gota do is write an essay, get teacha 2 mark, get feedbak, and keep goin bak 2 ur teacha till theyr reeeeeli happy bout it. and then memorize =]

niwayz jus dont get all caught up in worryn.. jus buckle down and start some cONSISteNT hard studyn! it aint eva 2 late 2 start =]:jedi:

beentherdunthat

HSC
magpam said:
i was this close to get a 'zero' for an assessment back in prelim. they crossed the zero and put a one probably cause they felt sorry for me. it was my fault anyway cause i never studied but meh i could care less.
:wave: lmao ah old times... you know i'm ranking top 10 this year in chem, but last year I was in REBELLION mode... i got 14 % for my prelim exam... what a rocker huh???? :) :) :rofl: Even if you switch the numbers I still fail LOL!!!

mrubcic

HSC
Yasss im over it but im not....i think i have a concentration deficiency disorder....everytime i sit down to study my mind starts going crazy with thoughts about the english exam tomorrow, what my UAI is gonna be, what am i gonna eat next, how my party is gonna turn out, how it sucks to turn 18 during the trials et etc etc ......i want to do well i really do but i feel like everythn i do is crap and ive lost all my energy...i hate just lagging around waiting for exams to start..........sigh................hsc sucks ass.................especially damn english...........................:bomb:

beentherdunthat

HSC
mrubcic said:
Yasss im over it but im not....i think i have a concentration deficiency disorder....everytime i sit down to study my mind starts going crazy with thoughts about the english exam tomorrow, what my UAI is gonna be, what am i gonna eat next, how my party is gonna turn out, how it sucks to turn 18 during the trials et etc etc ......i want to do well i really do but i feel like everythn i do is crap and ive lost all my energy...i hate just lagging around waiting for exams to start..........sigh................hsc sucks ass.................especially damn english...........................:bomb:
haha, you know what, eng. once you get used to it, isn't THAT hard.

But I totally agree wth everything else you said...especially the concentration deficiency disorder!!

mrubcic

HSC
lixt07 said:

thankfully i was reassured by my kindly curriculum person that that was bullcrap and that you shouldn't listen to UAI calculators.

yes SAM is a load of bullcrap....my cousin got 84 last year and she decided to do the SAM thingo after it.....she got like low 70s in da calculator.....u neva know wat happens in those marking rooms.........

absolutlaura

HSC
magpam said:
williamc: will just see about that :p i think i must be in denial or something cause im so relaxed

tasha1789: there are other ways of getting to uni. heaps.

i dont understand why it is such a big deal for people to go to uni striaght away.
also what pisses me off is that societies attitide to grades
its like if youre not coming first then youre failing
thats effing rediculous
my ranks have been generally above average but most people wouldn't call it that.
15/49 is above average right?
I know hey. I dont know if its just me, but my teachers make it sound like if you arent getting over 90% in every single assesment, that you arent trying hard enough.. its ridiculous.
And as for the uni thing, you're expected to have your little plan all figured out for next year and slide straight from school to uni, and straight from uni to a career.. I cant even decide what I want for lunch, let alone what course I want to spend years of my time n effort on.. How are you meant to decide something like that without proper life experience?

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
mrubcic said:

yes SAM is a load of bullcrap....my cousin got 84 last year and she decided to do the SAM thingo after it.....she got like low 70s in da calculator.....u neva know wat happens in those marking rooms.........
Actually no it isn't. It's quite a good program that the Admins/Mods spent many hours perfecting each and every year (not to mention the hours to took to develop). Sam is most accurate when used with your HSC Marks, not trials nor not half yearlies. For me it was only about 1-2 points off my UAI last year by memory.

absolutlaura said:
I know hey. I dont know if its just me, but my teachers make it sound like if you arent getting over 90% in every single assesment, that you arent trying hard enough.. its ridiculous.
And as for the uni thing, you're expected to have your little plan all figured out for next year and slide straight from school to uni, and straight from uni to a career.. I cant even decide what I want for lunch, let alone what course I want to spend years of my time n effort on.. How are you meant to decide something like that without proper life experience?
I guess that depends on the school but if you know you have tired your best, you can at least be content with your mark, assuming it is at least a pass.

As for career, life after school, uni, further education etc everyone gets thrown in that boat and hits most people hard on the head. For the first time in their life things aren't certain and they have to decide for themselves what they want to do. My advice do what you want to do, take your time deciding and don't let anyone try to tell you otherwise. After all you will be the one spending the time studying the degree (and most likely paying it off) for the next 3-4 years (at least) so you need to enjoy it.

magpam said:
my school thinks i have ADD :(
I had a teacher who thought I did.

Last edited:

Russdog

russell
HSC
absolutlaura said:
Omg.. that's so fkn true it's not funny! I don't know any mates who have the slightest idea of what they want to do next year, unless they're already hooked up with apprenticeships or whatever.. If I tried to decide what I want to do with my life, the only life experience I'd pretty much have to base it off is how smashed I got last night, or how I went in soccer!

I'm full getting emo stylessz. but it's pretty gay. I just want to travel, party, see the world, eventually settle down with a wife or something, etc..

hiddenagenda

HSC
SAM works almost perfectly if you ur skool gives ur a school scaled version of ur raw marks- this is based on how well ur skool does as a whole- if ur skool average in a subject is high, everyones marks for the school 50% of u hsc gets dragged up- it pays of to share notes etc and help ur mates in tha hsc since itl benefit you ;) also, sounds ruthless, but if someones failing a subject, coming last but like 20marks, and clearli has no intention of trying, encourage them to drop it:D since theyr draggin ur marks down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)