Is anyone else over the HSC? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

murphj

HSC
zingerburger, that's SO what i want to do! :D

can't...bloody...WAIT!!

i'm so friggin over it and we're not even at the real hsc exams! why do you have to lose all motivation in the most important year??????

williamc

HSC
Meh i'll always feel the same going into an English exam It wouldn't matter whether i did 1hr of study or 100 hours my mark would be similar.

Not over the HSC as such as im having the time of my life socially, but yer these exams really test my will power and motivation. Can't wait until the trials are finished.

b-a-t-f-l

HSC
Arrgh!
I hate Coleridge
and frontline
and Emma and clueless
and King Lear.
ew.

Wat the hell is emma and clueless... WHYYY do we need to study that shizz?!?!

Damn it... haha
12 hours til English Paper1 and ive done NOOOO study.
Reckon my teachers will realise if i totally copy an essay off BOS? hope not haha

nadsey

HSC
Hmm, even though I am a notourious stress-head, I've found that if you plan well for each exam in advance (eg: writing out a quote/technique/effect/link etc table for each text you do in english), you dont stress so hard.

It also helps to have at least 2 plans of action for post-HSC life... If I get a UAI of 80+, I'll take a year off, save, travel, then go to uni and do a bachelor of secondary education and a bachelor of the arts or something similar... If I don't meet the UAI, I'll go to TAFE, get a Cert IV in IT then try and apply for a course in software and design in uni, depending on what's available and stuff.

It's really reassuring to have those things behind you... and if all else fails, deep breathing (NOT hyperventilation!) while thinking 'Only a few weeks to freedom...' really does help the stress relief.

Russdog

russell
HSC
kk. so far my study has consisted of going to BOS.org.. tried to click on resources, but clicked on community instead. I can't find my texts, so I've gotta use notes, which are good enough as long as they have quotes..

I'ma be up allllllll nite. :(

jayymEz

HSC
well great! im totally stuck on CLOUDSTREET cus theres nothing .. and its 1130 >< *cries* now i gotta quickly skim through the boook .. im so screwed!

Russdog

russell
HSC
kk it's 1:15am and I think the best type of study I could possibly get right now is some sleep. I've got some last minute magic plan styleezz happening, which will definitely work.. such as using the same pen in the exam that I studied with.. also I'm sleeping with all my notes underneath the blanket with me.. I figured sexing them will get me closer to my texts..

Test starts in about 7 hours. fuck. nite. good luck all.

edit: signed off at 2:22am. going to sleep now for shiznit. gona be sleeping during exams tomorrow.

Last edited:

wadeburger

HSC
i agree
the hsc is so stressful
ive had a couple of stress attacks
and i dont get a UAI (my choice)
and i dont really care bout the hsc
but still its been stressing me out
i think its the worst thing for a teenager

ryn101

HSC
HSC is overrated imo. I've got four exams this week and another two next. Two of which are english, i can't handle english. :bomb:

kim miles

HSC
ok so...we had our first trial exam 2day..english paper one..
was aiight..comprehension was good..tho i misread one of the questions (worth 6 marks) and started answering it referring to the wrong text..so..i had to start that one all over again..
short story doover was k..n area of study..LOL..yer..i kinda choked..i culd remeber parts of mine..but not wot went around the parts i knew.. n i couldnt think of anything to fit..but oh well..it kinda makes sense..

so yer..i am totally over everything! skool, the hsc..the trials..the stress..the subconscious saying "u should be studying not procrastinating"
my dad came in the top 10% of the state for his HSC, got accpeted into every uni..me on the other hand lol..i think i got the not so smart genes of the family..
im kinda skrewed for paper two..stil havent finished reading emma..n havent seen the movie...aawwwwww ooohhhhhhh!!!

good luck to everyone!!

Rachael21

HSC
I'm not over the HSC, I'm over english!! I hate it! I hate it! I hate it! Whoever devised the english syllabus and made english compulsory should be shot. Seriously, who cares about the different view points of an imaginative journey? How is that ever going to help anybody in real life? It shouldn't even be called english, it should be called trivial studies. English doesn't even test your abilities in english, it tests your memory and if you have alzheimers, like me, then you're screwed! I haven't learnt one thing about english in highschool. I'm gonna leave school not being able to spell and not knowing what an adjective is but i'll know that Coleridge was a freakin weirdo who enjoyed imagining things...great, I hate you Coleridge.

Ahh, that's better. Now I need to stop procrastinating and study for biology...yay!

cupcake08

HSC
Rachael21 said:
it shouldn't even be called english, it should be called trivial studies

hahaha word.

this thread makes me feel a lot better...i assumed everyone had been studying like crazy for trials and probably had millions of english practice essays memorized down to the last word

Russdog

russell
HSC
Didn't finish section 2 or 3, but still happy with what I did do.

My story was fkn awwwesumm! I full had this kitten these kids were tormenting, and from the cat's perspective it was a matter of life or death to escape up a tree, but the kids were just having before play time was over. Mad shit.

Beege

HSC
Russdog said:
Didn't finish section 2 or 3, but still happy with what I did do.

My story was fkn awwwesumm! I full had this kitten these kids were tormenting, and from the cat's perspective it was a matter of life or death to escape up a tree, but the kids were just having before play time was over. Mad shit.
how does that relate to journeys?

meeeeeeeena

HSC
to all u out der who hate english:chainsaw:...........................
................ i luv u ;)

*kristie*

HSC
wow i jus read all 7 pages of this thread n i culdnt agree more with wat every1 has said!.. i am totally and completely ova the hsc n all the stress that comes wit it.. its unnatural n i dont think any1 shuld b made feel this way!.. i had my first trial exam today, english n i swear half the shit if not all of wat i wrote made no sense at all!!
i have lost all motivation, it was gone awhile ago lol, i jus dont care anymore.. right now i shuld b studyin but meh..
a big thumbs up for every1 in this thread

and a big thumbs down to the hsc

bahaha that was pretty lame but i jus wantd to use those thingos lol
later skaters

merrymadi

HSC
It's so comforting reading through this read and knowing that there are people in the EXACT same position as me who are totally bombing out at the moment =P

It's too late for me to do anything about the Trials...but once they're over I am fucking definitely going to get my act together and study a little bit every night for the HSC.

Just think about how thrilled you'll be when you see that you've achieved the UAI you wanted. I need to keep reminding myself of that. Once the HSC is over, I'm just going to let my brain melt into a congealed mess whilst sitting in front of the computer all summer.

Can't wait!

vizman

HSC
incredibly...thank god i only have one exam left for trials

amyg238

HSC
Well, this thread is popular, huh?

I would'nt say I'm OVER the hsc, just over English, and maths, and chem...and maybe bio.

This week is cramming for me, again. I don't know how it always happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)