is art a bludge (2 Viewers)

aussienerd

Don't eat yellow snow.
HSC
Uni Grad
i was told by someone who happens to be the dux of a private school that art is a bludge... what does everyone else think?

paddy86

HSC
my toilet is art if i present it in a gallery
my shit in a can is art if i present it in a gallery

o wait this has been done

paddy86

HSC
yes, art is a bludge because you read about some art theory + artists and do a 'major work' which can simply be a white canvas with a black sketch of a box – symbolising an aesthetic and metaphysical utopia through geometric congruity similar to cezanne or even de stilj

and there is your band 6 lol

loz1

HSC
art is definately not a bludge.
i chose it thinking it was as a fun time giving me an extra 2 units..
how wrong i was... i spent more time on it in last term than all of my subjects put together

paddy86

HSC
it doesn't matter if you are doing visual arts or not. you can learn the visual arts syllabus and get a band 6 with wikipedia rather than a textbook or notes.

don't get defensive if you are doing well in visual art and we call it easy/a bludge

aussienerd

Don't eat yellow snow.
HSC
Uni Grad
the question was about whether or not art was a bludge so was that a yes or a no?

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
I would say HSC visual arts is a bludge if you are planning to just cruise along (c'mon guys, HSC art theory is piss easy and you know it). However, when it comes to the very highest marks i think it is incredibly tough as the calibre of the practical artwork at that level is just so high, if you don't have the talent you will get slaughtered.

yes, art is a bludge because you read about some art theory + artists and do a 'major work' which can simply be a white canvas with a black sketch of a box – symbolising an aesthetic and metaphysical utopia through geometric congruity similar to cezanne or even de stilj

and there is your band 6 lol
If you wanted to pull the de stilj/minimalism card you do realise you would pretty much have to write a memoir to accompany it showing your understanding of the concepts? I know this as my year 12 art teacher did exactly this and did very well, you can't just go... yeah, heres a canvas with three lines, its de stilj, very conceptual... yeah, band 6 please?

wagga123

HSC
it doesn't matter if you are doing visual arts or not. you can learn the visual arts syllabus and get a band 6 with wikipedia rather than a textbook or notes.

don't get defensive if you are doing well in visual art and we call it easy/a bludge
you so cannot just learn the art syllabus and get a band 6 just like that

one thing, u have to do a major which it is freaking hard to get over 45/50

then for the exam
if your a good writer then you will be ok, but you still need to learn exactly whta you are talking about in each question

man i hate people who say art is a bludge, if anything is a bludge its drama
but not really

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
you so cannot just learn the art syllabus and get a band 6 just like that

one thing, u have to do a major which it is freaking hard to get over 45/50

then for the exam
if your a good writer then you will be ok, but you still need to learn exactly whta you are talking about in each question

man i hate people who say art is a bludge, if anything is a bludge its drama
but not really
Nah, the HSC visual arts theory syllabus is fucking easy as, it's a joke and in my opinion you really don't need to put in a lot of effort to do quite well in that aspect. I do agree about the the practical though.

NoName91

HSC
Does the smiley in my signature tell you my opinion?

Art is a joke, honestly. If you know enough artists, periods, postmodern elements, works, analysis and such it is easy...

The problem is the scaling. I regret doing this sorry excuse for a subject.

j_katz91

HSC
I would say HSC visual arts is a bludge if you are planning to just cruise along (c'mon guys, HSC art theory is piss easy and you know it). However, when it comes to the very highest marks i think it is incredibly tough as the calibre of the practical artwork at that level is just so high, if you don't have the talent you will get slaughtered.
completely agree
i find that if you care about it its simple.
if you dont then it will be an effort and therefore not a bludge
having said that though, art has been my relief subject this year
it requires much less study time than say, modern, thats true
and the prac is fun
just choose it okay! haha

Deer

Premium Member
HSC
completely agree
i find that if you care about it its simple.
if you dont then it will be an effort and therefore not a bludge
having said that though, art has been my relief subject this year
it requires much less study time than say, modern, thats true
and the prac is fun
just choose it okay! haha
Really? I don't agree with that.

I care about art so it's not a bludge for me. [The practical part, anyway.]

People who don't care can take the bludge option but won't get good marks because the lack of effort will be evident in the final mark.

But it's a great subject, worth the effort, and it's good to have a relief from normal school ><

MzBiiBii

HSC
No, it isn't a bludge.

At the beggining it might seem so.. after that...definitely not!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)