• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Is Australia racist? (1 Viewer)

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
because bigots need a scapegoat for their ills. immigrants are somehow a threat to society lol. omg they live together and don't assimilate :( but also tell them please don't move into my nice white neighborhood. yeah real great way of trying to get people to assimilate.
Wow, not wanting a a bunch of violent thugs living in your neighbourhood? What evil racists!!!

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
So you're admitting that immigration can change a country. I assume you mean that in the sense that immigrants have made positive contributions to Australia. On the other hand, does this mean that there could be immigrants that disproportionately make negative contributions?
Yes, the can and have made good contributions to australia . Who helped to build the warragamba dam?? World war 2 immigrants. I would say there are negative aspects but the good outweighs the bad.

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
Wow, not wanting a a bunch of violent thugs living in your neighbourhood? What evil racists!!!
Yeah because there weren't any white people committing any crimes amirite? yeah because OMG immigrant neighborhoods are so violent :( all that crime happening in newtown must've made you really scared to go out at night.

You know why Africans have a different issue in Europe? Gee maybe because of the century of colonialism that completely destroyed their home got them a bit pissed?

Sylvia: you just pretty much proved my point about immigrants, they all have to meet the SAME criteria regardless of race, gender or country of origin. Of course they have to have skills, get into uni and what not.

The amount of racist derp you spout is astounding.

Garygaz

HSC
It takes time for people to assimilate. Take the example of Greeks and Italians. They seem to have settled well. It'll be the same for *New Australians* such as Asians, and Muslims. Plus what's the problem with having different separate cultures and identities anyway?
in terms of assimilating to a new country, the ideals and conventions associated with islam are a much larger obstacle to success than racial differences.

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
in terms of assimilating to a new country, the ideals and conventions associated with islam are a much larger obstacle to success than racial differences.
That argument is pretty much the basis of the white australia policy. "because their ideals are so different with ours we shouldn't let them in." I'm a firm believer for a secular state and society, but I think the biggest threat to australian secular society is not islam, but fundamentalist christians because they are able to enact policy that would be popular, just look at what the christians did with USA in terms of science education.

Most muslims don't really give a shit what some imam millions of miles away say, just like most catholics don't really give a shit what the pope says when it comes to premarital sex.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
Yeah because there weren't any white people committing any crimes amirite?
Not as much as Africans.

OMG immigrant neighborhoods are so violent
Sudanese immigrants are the most violent ethnic group in Victoria.

You know why Africans have a different issue in Europe? Gee maybe because of the century of colonialism that completely destroyed their home
"completely destroyed their home"

Before colonialism africans were hunter-gatherers. Africa has never been wealthier. I don't support colonialism, but the idea that it "destroyed" things is a load of crap.

got them a bit pissed?
So you admit that they're "pissed" at us but think its good to bring them here? FUcking nuts.

Sylvia: you just pretty much proved my point about immigrants, they all have to meet the SAME criteria regardless of race, gender or country of origin. Of course they have to have skills, get into uni and what not.
Uh, what? How did I prove this point?

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
That argument is pretty much the basis of the white australia policy.
That doesn't make it wrong.

ust look at what the christians did with USA in terms of science education.
1. Australia is not America. Christians don't have remotely the same influence in Australia as they do in America.

2. A handful of schools didn't teach evolution/taught creation alongside evolution. Big fucking whoop. Most kids have absolutely no need to learn about evolution at school, and considering that these were in southern states which you probably think are full of dumb rednecks any way, so its not like they were going to become scientists any way, right?

3. These policies are fucking nothing compared. If you're worried about this sort of thing, especially in Australia of all places, you're a fucking idiot.

lee337

HSC
Uni Grad
Not as much as Africans.

Sudanese immigrants are the most violent ethnic group in Victoria.

"completely destroyed their home"

Before colonialism africans were hunter-gatherers. Africa has never been wealthier. I don't support colonialism, but the idea that it "destroyed" things is a load of crap.

So you admit that they're "pissed" at us but think its good to bring them here? FUcking nuts.

Uh, what? How did I prove this point?
May i ask if you have any African friends?

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC

hayabusaboston

HSC
May i ask if you have any African friends?
Well I am FROM africa, ive experienced it all, including a mugging by four black guys with guns, who took all my dads money and watch and valuable stuff and almost shot my 5 year old brother and myself were it not for the fact we hid in bushes.

Did I mention the four black men were registered south african police officers?

I fully support SylviaB's arguments because I know from experience that they are true.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Yes, the can and have made good contributions to australia . Who helped to build the warragamba dam?? World war 2 immigrants. I would say there are negative aspects but the good outweighs the bad.
They have also made bad contributions. Not all immigrants though particular sorts of people.

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
Well I am FROM africa, ive experienced it all, including a mugging by four black guys with guns, who took all my dads money and watch and valuable stuff and almost shot my 5 year old brother and myself were it not for the fact we hid in bushes.

Did I mention the four black men were registered south african police officers?

I fully support SylviaB's arguments because I know from experience that they are true.
some asian beat me in a maths test once

now i hate all asians and don't think they should come to australia

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
look at the question he's responding to though
the question was stupid but so was the answer lol

it's easy to judge a people from personal experience but such a small sample size and bias because of personal issues is hardly an accurate measure of how an entire race of people are

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
it's easy to judge a people from personal experience but such a small sample size and bias because of personal issues is hardly an accurate measure of how an entire race of people are
tell that to the guy who started with the stupid question then

hayabusaboston

HSC
some asian beat me in a maths test once

now i hate all asians and don't think they should come to australia
Did I say I hate black people?
No

On a related note, I have a sudanese friend who completed HSC at 15 with 99.90 ATAR and an IQ above mine, SylviaB and I do not claim that EVERY PERSON of african descent is stupid, as is evident by my friend, there are smart people in every race. The functional point that is trying to be conveyed is AVERAGES.

Last edited:

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
Guess the Empires of Egypt and Carthage don't count. Not to mention the kingdom of Mansa Munsa which was filled with so much gold it spawned the idea of el dorado.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)