is ext2 right for me? - year 11 student (1 Viewer)

superdry

HSC
So basically what the title says, im kind of really lost right now. I've gone from thinking about dropping ext1 to being told by some teachers to pick up ext2. The big plus for it is I'll be able to drop bio, although I've found in the past I work better with guidance and direct orders, and considering ext2 is very individual and personal I'm not so sure. Any feed back would be great, thanks.

ashie0

world
HSC
N/A
So basically what the title says, im kind of really lost right now. I've gone from thinking about dropping ext1 to being told by some teachers to pick up ext2. The big plus for it is I'll be able to drop bio, although I've found in the past I work better with guidance and direct orders, and considering ext2 is very individual and personal I'm not so sure. Any feed back would be great, thanks.
No one here knows anything about you, we're in the worst position to judge whether or not your capable to do four unit english.

do you like to read and write? do you do both to a high standard? do you enjoy/ are you capable working independently? do you grasp concepts easily? can you work on one piece for an extended period of time?

go chat to someone who's done the course, or a teacher of ex 2, it might help.

goodluck :)

naisAtoN

Awesome Member
HSC
I agree with imsopostmodern and ashie0. If you're interested in putting work toward an extended composition, I say go for it. Keep in mind though that, at times, this course can be VERY stressful due to the independent nature of the course and (often) small class numbers (which decreases the amount of people you have to share your concerns with).

Ultimately though, nobody on this forum knows you well enough to tell you whether you should pursue EE2. Talk to someone who knows you who's done the course, or talk to the person who's going to teach it. Ask the teachers who've suggested you take it why they think you'd be good at it. Also take into account that HSC extension 1 and 2 are essentially nothing alike (with the exception of the links you make throughout your composition).

eilys close

HSC
Depends. Obviously, as everyone else has said, we don't know you.
But ...

If you're good at researching, drawing conclusions, seeing similarities, and writing your ideas clearly and with sophistication, then yes. Remember you can't rely on creativity and talent alone in EE2. Despite what you've been told, there is work. There is research, and it is important. And you can write an extended essay (they give it a fancy name, but basically it's an essay) if you're not too crash hot with creativity. However, a vast majority of people pick EE2 because the freedom it gives you, and the chance for creativity. If you're the kind of person who always got excited when it was "creative writing" time through the past few years then EE2 could be for you.

As for the fact that you "work better with guidance and direct orders"... you do have to write a proposal. This could very well be your "direct orders" - given to you by yourself! This sounds like you don't trust yourself to make the right decisions. Have a little bit of faith. If you've put the effort in, you can do it!

Really is the question as to why your in such a flux. Was it a bad mark that made you want to drop EE1? Was it a one time thing or consistent? If it was a one time thing then it may not have been an issue.

Think it through. EE2 can either be the best or the worst choice for a person. I, personally can't wait to start.

Nicholas727

HSC
run for the hills

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
what are you marks like? are you better in project type things or exams?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)