Is ipod the best? Plus ipod and sound recording? (2 Viewers)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
braindrainedAsh said:
LOL I basically do remember everything because my shorthand is so horrible.

Are you sure that "back in your day" they didn't just make it all up haha.
Haha, touche!

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
playboy2njoy said:
Best bet is to try and find any 30gb photo ipods for sale. They're cheaper than the 20gb models since they're discontinued - OR - the grayscale ipods are DIRT cheap now.

yeah i got the 40GB model after they were discontinued for only $350.

And it included the dock, AV connector etc etc.....

DeepDarkRose

HSC
recording

ive got a creative zen micro (3GB) and it can record, the quality isn't perfect but i think its pretty good ... and i think you can record up until your storage is used up cause i've recorded for like 2 hours at a time before without any problems

jas0nt

HSC
N/A
playboy2njoy said:
While its not the best, who would want to be seen with an ugly iriver of creative shitebox?
becuase everyone cares about the aesthetics of your MP3 player that is in your pocket? i can see the ipos is directly marketed towards sheep like you. :rolleyes:

if you want to record, get the iRiver or iaudio x5. recording, watching videos, better sound quality, driverless operation, better GUI, FM radio.

heybraham

HSC
i'll make the decision easier for u

i've seen the zen touch/micro, iriver h10 and of course my own ipod 40g

system interface:
1. ipod (with honours)
2. iriver (it's good enough)
3. creative...plain bad, flimsy if u want to call it

music/sound quality
1. creative
2. iriver
3. ipod

aesthetics
1. iriver h10
2...no one cares

p.s. u have to buy like a 50 dollar add-on to voice record ipods, id rather get an iriver or something if that's a priority and they have disappointing, average sound quality. otherwise ipods are superior on price and convenience. and i got mine from harristechnology.com (coles myer chain) for $450 before the photos came out. hope this helps

Last edited:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
What the fuck does usability have to do with a pair of post-sale headphones?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
playboy2njoy said:
I was talking in the context that he said that other comparable mp3 players had better gui's etc...
Again i repeat the question, What the fuck does testing two different mp3 players with the same headphone have to do with usability?

jas0nt

HSC
N/A
playboy2njoy said:
BAAAAAAAAA... The public sure likes to wear their nice white ipod headphones, how would you account for that? Ive had a number of shite mp3 players, ipod, creative, iriver, sony network walkman, even one of those 'tangent' shuffle rip-offs. Id like to see you hear an iriver with a pair of shure headphones, then with an ipod. While you may think that features make the player, its the usability that ultimately determines consumber taste.
i don't understand, are you promoting the ipod or the iriver/creative?

all i know is the iriver and iaudio x5 sounds like bliss with my e3c's and sounds like ass unamped with an ipod.

usability is based on whether one can be bothered to pick up their manual and thoroughly spend 15 minutes reading it on their newly purchased $500 investment.

Last edited:
HSC
My ipod's going well, once i had problem it decided to corrupt about half my files (dont ask why) so I had to reformat and re-add the files, the battery life has reduced, it goes for about 5-5-6hrs straight (not changing tracks) on half way volume and no equalizer, it used to do about 10 hours :( I purchased it may 10 2004

any questions ask away :D I like it but I reckon you should look into creative's range, my brother bought one for $500 it plays movies at 15fps plus normal mp3s of course, has onboard decoder, it comes with heaps of features and came with everything you can think of, its called "Creative iRiver H340 40GB"

edit:
I saw the movies play at 15fps you really dont notice, if you watch cartoons like the simpsons, you definently cant tell the difference

Last edited:

jas0nt

HSC
N/A
Casmira said:
"Creative iRiver H340 40GB"
it's actually the "iriver h340", which will soon be phased out by the much crappier "h10" series. and it plays at 10fps, not 15.

HSC
jas0nt said:
it's actually the "iriver h340", which will soon be phased out by the much crappier "h10" series. and it plays at 10fps, not 15.
i heard about that, try and get your hands on this mint ladies

jas0nt

HSC
N/A
playboy2njoy said:
Thats pretty shite, even the tunos series play 20fps mpeg4...
what's a tunos?

Last edited:

holtie43

Dont Get An Ipod!!!

ipods are not that great.
if u want to record high quality voices and attach an external mic then i suggest
an iaudio X5, from cowan.
these players are sweet, they do voice recordings from a built in mic up to 320kbps and there is a socket to attach an external mic, they have a 30gb hd and play vids and the radio. + you can record straight from the radio.
this player is sweet!!!
i had an ipod mini, but now i have the X5 and there is no comparison. the sound quality is even better.
the iaudio plays vids at 15fps

Last edited:

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
iaudio x5 not so good sound quality, the new sony hdd is awesome although no recording or radio ... still not a perfect mp3 player out there ... ipods are not so good, too many problems, crap headphones and not really enough features and moderately low battery life ... id go for the sony if i could at this moment though ... i have an iriver ifp-595 and give it 10/10 but its only 512mb ...

jas0nt

HSC
N/A
RUB!X said:
iaudio x5 not so good sound quality
whilst sound quality is subjective, i question whether or not you have even heard the X5 with some adequate earphones. or perhaps your MP3s were encoded at 96kb?

Riewe

HSC
Difference in sound quality doesn't really matter, unless you've got headphones more expensive than your mp3 player and your hearing is suberb at picking up little differences. So as long as your songs are encoded at a bood enough bitrate, you should be fine.

I've got a zen touch (as it was $150 cheaper than the ipod at the time and almost double battery life) and am quite happy with it, although if i had the money, (at least another couple hundred) i would've got an iRiver H320. That is probably the best one you could get if you can afford it, but in reality all mp3 players are pretty much the same (the interface on each may be different but once you get used to it, you're fine, and of course there is compatibility and size issues)

For me the biggest selling point was money and battery life, a i like to get products at cheapest price, and am too lazy to regularly recharge the battery, as i listen to it everyday to and from uni (about 3 hours a day) for a whole week, and have quite a collection of music (several days worth)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)