is it a good idea to take up ESL? (1 Viewer)

thaer

HSC
first post here
been reading for ages though

ok so im eligible for ESL because i've been in oz for less than 5 years
currently in year 11 and doing advanced AND extension 1. I'm doing good i suppose.

would it be a good idea if i did advanced in year 12 and dropped extension? is it hard to get a band 6 or 5 in ESL?

youngminii

Banned
HSC
If you're doing well in Adv. and Extension, no reason to drop them for ESL.
That said, if you're doing shit in them, might as well. ESL has (much) better scaling than standard.

study-freak

Bored of
HSC
ESL should be an easy band 6 subject, given that you are coping well in adv and ext.
If you are doing well in them anyway, just keep ext 1 in yr 12.

thaer

HSC
thing is i need to work a bit on physics but i dont have time cause im focusing on other stuff
i was planning on doing standard in year 12 but i just found out im eligible for ESL

i still have a term to decide i might see what my teachers think

pwoh

O_O
HSC
Uni Grad
If you're doing well in advanced and ext, you're definitely better off not dropping to ESL.

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
funny story, my boyfriend is was eligible for esl when he came to australia, and he had to sign some thing earlier on this year to do with esl and having acceptable levels of english or something to that accord, which would make sense, except for the fact he came from england. lol. just on the topic of esl.

as to your question, if you were going to drop to standard anyway in year twelve, a. why would you have done ext in y11? and b. if you're going to do standard anyway, go with the esl option, if what's said above is correct and the scaling of esl band six is better than std band six, go for it.

thaer

HSC
funny story, my boyfriend is was eligible for esl when he came to australia, and he had to sign some thing earlier on this year to do with esl and having acceptable levels of english or something to that accord, which would make sense, except for the fact he came from england. lol. just on the topic of esl.

as to your question, if you were going to drop to standard anyway in year twelve, a. why would you have done ext in y11? and b. if you're going to do standard anyway, go with the esl option, if what's said above is correct and the scaling of esl band six is better than std band six, go for it.
LOL @ coming from England

oh only reason i did advanced was so i could do extension english since my school forced whoever wants to do extension maths to do either extension english or Sports & Lifestyle or some shit which i cant be fucked for.
yeah i know fucked up school :)

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
LOL @ coming from England

oh only reason i did advanced was so i could do extension english since my school forced whoever wants to do extension maths to do either extension english or Sports & Lifestyle or some shit which i cant be fucked for.
yeah i know fucked up school :)
sport, lifestyle and recreational studies ftw!! i did that haha. go the esl.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)